Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

20 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

So I took a whack at the dragonlord (hero) level today on multi and wow was he tough. The group had a combo meal set up (one each of the non-metal slime dumplings you get as event food combined into a King Slime dumpling? I forget what it was called, but we got an additional 90% stun resistance and 60 luck for it). Dude roasted us. I got dragon armor pants in an early draw which gave me dark breath resistance, but holy cow was it amazing that we squeaked by with a win.

I was hosting an open multiplayer session the other day and someone used a slime emoji asking for someone else to use a slime dumpling to match the rest of ours, so I assumed there was some sort of combo. That's pretty cool. In this case the third person didn't respond, indicating she might not have had a slime, so I just started the battle.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been getting stupid luck with my lucky chests. Got Erdrick's Sword one week and then Sword of Kings the next. I promptly destroyed both to extract the skills for my Battle God Sword.  

The end game is you broke and them rich.

I have something to #$*! about with this game: the re-use of Sea Breeze as the ocean music for the thousandth time in a Dragon Quest game. Suigiyama you lazy old fart, you have other sailing them

Posted Images

Finished off the dragonlord (hero) in solo today so that's all my treasure maps filled in but Battracia B, which is just Chapter 8 and the associated sidequests remaining. I might end up fighting the Dragonlord a few more times before the event is out to farm Tantagel equipment. I haven't done the main quest in multi, so that's something to look at, too.

23 minutes ago, Liamland said:

I was hosting an open multiplayer session the other day and someone used a slime emoji asking for someone else to use a slime dumpling to match the rest of ours, so I assumed there was some sort of combo. That's pretty cool. In this case the third person didn't respond, indicating she might not have had a slime, so I just started the battle.

I've seen a lot of the "Make a combo meal!" speech bubble to convey food choices the group approves of. The food set bonuses are listed in the dragonlord event description in the game, but I can think of two: the King Slime Dumpling I mentioned earlier and a combination of four metal slime dumplings, which creates a set bonus of 300% EXP extra. I haven't seen it myself, but ten bucks says it's called a Metal King Dumpling.

Anybody here have a Metal Slime Bow? I'm always looking to add more friends with that weapon. I rock a Falcon Blade if you're interested.

8 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Anybody here have a Metal Slime Bow? I'm always looking to add more friends with that weapon. I rock a Falcon Blade if you're interested.

I do!

AOJFUE6424

Yeah, I do as well

ALJFES5246 [Woodus]

1 hour ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I rock a Falcon Blade if you're interested.

How did you get one? I've been asking on the FB page for QotS, but people give me vague responses about getting it from a tutorial with no details for how to access it. Poking around in the interface I found nothing like that, and no one was able to clarify the exact stage, or if they meant the very first story quest available. Any details are much appreciated. That's the only weapon I want. I currently am wielding a hero spear that I got on day 1, only to find it's not as good as the one from DQIX.

Edited by Liamland
  • Like 1

Looks like I have completed as much story as there is so far, was trying to get off of Batraccia. Time to work on missed crowns and vocations :thumbsup:

dqots_continued.PNG

53 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Looks like I have completed as much story as there is so far, was trying to get off of Batraccia. Time to work on missed crowns and vocations :thumbsup:

dqots_continued.PNG

I hit this spot this morning, so what I'm doing is basically doing anti-Dragonlord loot runs until I max the Tantagel equipment out, and filling in the minor remaining. I'm also doing some exploration of the planet at large; found a pretty cool sea serpent-looking thing near the middle of the next continent over (Tundrica has a pretty cool castle). I wonder if the Winter Queen is the same enemy from Dragon Quest V.

The game has been pretty enjoyable so far; I've pulled back from Pokemon Masters to focus on it so that I'm not getting yanked around by two gacha games. I've hit most of the potential Pokemon Masters had to offer anyway, I had a lot of heavy hitters maxed out, and I don't feel like doing the hundred runs Masters requires of you to get special event stuff, most of which is just stuff you can get during normal gameplay just at decreased rates.

I think some time later this week I'm gonna try and schedule a Denizens run on the Dragonlord, see what kinda damage we can do. (Also I want to see what four Metal Slime Dumplings make together).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Woodus said:

dqots_continued.PNG

That’s dumb it just ends like that.

6 hours ago, Liamland said:

How did you get one? I've been asking on the FB page for QotS, but people give me vague responses about getting it from a tutorial with no details for how to access it. Poking around in the interface I found nothing like that, and no one was able to clarify the exact stage, or if they meant the very first story quest available. Any details are much appreciated. That's the only weapon I want. I currently am wielding a hero spear that I got on day 1, only to find it's not as good as the one from DQIX.

I recall pulling it from one of the Lucky Chest draws. 

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That’s dumb it just ends like that.

It’s a gacha, the story is never complete at launch. 

It’s part of how they keep content coming.

11 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I recall pulling it from one of the Lucky Chest draws. 

Ah, do you remember if it was the daily free metal chest or the paid DQ I & II?

Unfortunately, the RNG on the chests is just as bad as it was on the Super Light tombola. Last night I did a 3000 gem 10-pull on the Metal Chest lottery and didn't get a single piece of metal equipment.

Edited by Liamland
1 minute ago, Liamland said:

The RNG on the chests is just as bad as it was on the Super Light tombola. I did a 3000 gem 10-pull on the Metal Chest lottery and didn't get a single piece of metal equipment.

Yeah the RNG can be brutal, I know I did 2 - 3000 gem spins without a metal item, then yesterday I did the 1 free pull and got the Metal Slime Axe

Did the multiplayer gems go down as well, I swear I was getting 50 gems per mutliplayer "first meeting" and now I am only getting 30

• Like 1
Yeah the RNG can be brutal, I know I did 2 - 3000 gem spins without a metal item, then yesterday I did the 1 free pull and got the Metal Slime Axe
Did the multiplayer gems go down as well, I swear I was getting 50 gems per mutliplayer "first meeting" and now I am only getting 30
They do. I was getting 300 per person day 1. Got 10K gems in the first day

Is it timed? I thought it had to do with the number of first meetings. Right now I'm pulling 50 per new multiplayer first meeting, however I used to get 150.

4 hours ago, Woodus said:

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
5 hours ago, Woodus said:

They do. I was getting 300 per person day 1. Got 10K gems in the first day

32 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Is it timed? I thought it had to do with the number of first meetings. Right now I'm pulling 50 per new multiplayer first meeting, however I used to get 150.

In Multiplayer there's a banner at the top that says 13,500 Gems! and this info is inside that banner:

wQKEMbC.jpg

Great, so as soon as I meet 301 unique players I can stop multiplaying. 😄

12 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Great, so as soon as I meet 301 unique players I can stop multiplaying. 😄

Item drops seem to be better in multiplayer right now, so if you're going for event gear, best to play Multiplayer to get it. I've gotten so many Tantegel sets that way. Could barely get them to drop in Solo.

I noticed that too. There's a better luck factor with drops when there are more multiplayer characters. Yet another thing that reminds me of DQIX.

Damn, helps if I click on banners and read ;)

So many banners, though...