Plattym3

Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

They're using my DQ Shrine font!

That was MY font!!

Sand and Aqua are who everyone gets for default NPC character names. I think you can change them at the beginning if you want. Sand is a pretty uninspiring name.

• Upvote 1

Sand and Aqua are who everyone gets for default NPC character names. I think you can change them at the beginning if you want. Sand is a pretty uninspiring name.
Head over to the barber shop, change their name and appearance.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
11 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Head over to the barber shop, change their name and appearance.

No way, it’s in the yellow menu button that you do that. 😜

But yes, you go to the barber shop in the starting town and you can change appearances/names there.

• Like 1

Where are people getting Falcon Blades? Is that a DQI & II tombola pull or Metal tombola? Or from one of the stories I haven't gotten to yet?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Where are people getting Falcon Blades? Is that a DQI & II tombola pull or Metal tombola? Or from one of the stories I haven't gotten to yet?

It's not listed in either banner than I can find, nor is it in the ticket exchange list. I have no idea but I want one. Seems to be current meta.

I just unlocked the equipment alchemy part of the tree. So maybe you find a recipe at some point for it. 

Incidentally, trying to Google it just results in a bunch of Builders 2 references.

Okay, now I have something to #$*! about: One of the missions on a sidequest dungeon in chapter 2 requires you to defeat a metal slime, and they aren't even among the primary monsters in that dungeon. Blatant stamina sink.

EDIT: I return, with a sheepish look on my face, to admit that I got a metal slime in the first fight of my second attempt.

Edited by Brother Jaybird
  • Like 1

I don't even bother with the metal monsters if they don't appear. I don't need the yellow check mark on the dungeon that badly.

...unless you get something for having more 100% competed dungeons. If it's just a badge, forget that!

I just talked to Woodus about that quest. I had to repeat it about 5 times until the metal slime randomly shows. It's annoying, but no less annoying than half the quests from Dragon Quest IX that were like that. "Wait for X rare monster to randomly spawn..."

• Like 1

I just talked to Woodus about that quest. I had to repeat it about 5 times until the metal slime randomly shows. It's annoying, but no less annoying than half the quests from Dragon Quest IX that were like that. "Wait for X rare monster to randomly spawn..."
So true. Hadn't quite thought about that link to DQIX. This really is quite similar.
I don't even bother with the metal monsters if they don't appear. I don't need the yellow check mark on the dungeon that badly.

...unless you get something for having more 100% competed dungeons. If it's just a badge, forget that!
I know. I can't recall what I ran 4 times for, but it got me 3 medical herbs. Time to ignore those harder ones for crap rewards.

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So true. Hadn't quite thought about that link to DQIX. This really is quite similar. I know. I can't recall what I ran 4 times for, but it got me 3 medical herbs. Time to ignore those harder ones for crap rewards.

Yeah, unless it nets me an ability orb or armor/weapon upgrade, I don't bother. I have so many keys right now that I don't need to make sure I'm using a club for a paltry 100 gold when I can run a treasure dungeon and get a few thousand from it, and at the moment keys are in abundance.

Edited by Bururian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there an end game to DQotS? Is there a showdown with that "final" boss somewhere in the future?

The end game is you broke and them rich.

• Like 2

It's been going in Japan for 5 years now. If they don't have the ending yet, I wonder if we ever will.

Is there an end game to DQotS? Is there a showdown with that "final" boss somewhere in the future?
Yeah, I don't think that live service gacha games like this have an end game. The end is when it stops being profitable for them and they shut it down.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

So true. Hadn't quite thought about that link to DQIX. This really is quite similar.

All the other links to DQIX, he caught on the first try, though.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Probably, but it'll still be a ways out. They haven't even shown us the Final Boss to be anything more than Spooky Cloud Man.

Which, for all its silly vagueness, is still pretty unique among DQ bosses.

29 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Yeah, I don't think that live service gacha games like this have an end game. The end is when it stops being profitable for them and they shut it down.

It may turn out to be like DQX and have an evolving "end game", though, with new story and bosses. I recall someone here discussing traveling between planets in the Japanese version, so there appear to be systems in place (there's certainly plenty of potential) for new content to be rolled out.

EDIT: "We can't ignore a fancy ball of light's cry for help like that, can we?" -Cyril, who is growing on me. I also am warming up to Gaius, whose script I automatically read in the voice of King Doric from DQH (they're already the same character). He looks like much less of a pervert than the opening intro video promised, which is a relief.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bururian said:

It's been going in Japan for 5 years now. If they don't have the ending yet, I wonder if we ever will.

Speaking of this, has anything been said about how they plan to handle scheduling for global server?  I've seen multiple ways of handling it in other gachas that gained global servers (rushing everything to catch up with JP server, just chilling at being two years behind and doing everything at more or less the same pace it was originally).

For the sake of sanity, I'm really hoping its the latter.  I dropped Magia Record NA for doing the former, it was very unfun.  The opening events lasting a couple weeks seems to bode well at least.

29 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Speaking of this, has anything been said about how they plan to handle scheduling for global server?  I've seen multiple ways of handling it in other gachas that gained global servers (rushing everything to catch up with JP server, just chilling at being two years behind and doing everything at more or less the same pace it was originally).

For the sake of sanity, I'm really hoping its the latter.  I dropped Magia Record NA for doing the former, it was very unfun.  The opening events lasting a couple weeks seems to bode well at least.

I hope it's delayed, too. We may be too late for the 30th anniversary of Psaro the Manslayer, but that's not to say we won't get a 35th anniversary.

13 hours ago, Liamland said:

So there are four questocrat grandchildren: Terra, Harte, Sand, and Aqua. Good to know (for the one person on this planet who cares).

Also, Sand keeps dying in my EXP runs. He's a whole two levels behind Harte and Aqua and would almost have been much worse if I hadn't remembered I brought Yggdrasil Leaves to the Metal King Slime run.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

...I like lore and monsters and all the rest of it, so the compendium has a fair bit of value in and of itself for me. I wish it were more thorough, all things considered, because I want to be able to keep track of the inconsistencies.

So it turns out that while the compendium doesn't list enemy skills, you can dig this information up anyway by looking at the information screen's boss panel of each dungeon-level after you complete it, where the skills are listed. If you try it before completing the level, all you get is a silhouette and question marks. Not as convenient as could be, but much better than nothing.

21 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

So once the DQI event is finished, there's an almost guaranteed DQII and DQIII throwback event to follow, which conclusion I came to because the DQI equipment draw special is advertising anti-Malroth equipment, and there are badges waiting in the wings for defeating Malroth and Zoma (they have a giant list of badges, and tapping on the little parchment-button for each one gives you the condition for obtaining it).

• Like 1

They did announce a DQ2 event is coming after the DQ1 event is done.

I am curious at how so many people are jumping to Lv50+ already. I've been stuck at 40-50 for a few days now, but I just randomly got a Liquid Metal Key and used a Liquid Metal Chocolate to give myself about 4-5 levels off that.

Is there another way to farm some XP that I'm missing or is everyone doing basically what I am?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I took a whack at the dragonlord (hero) level today on multi and wow was he tough. The group had a combo meal set up (one each of the non-metal slime dumplings you get as event food combined into a King Slime dumpling? I forget what it was called, but we got an additional 90% stun resistance and 60 luck for it). Dude roasted us. I got dragon armor pants in an early draw which gave me dark breath resistance, but holy cow was it amazing that we squeaked by with a win.

7 hours ago, Bururian said:

I am curious at how so many people are jumping to Lv50+ already. I've been stuck at 40-50 for a few days now, but I just randomly got a Liquid Metal Key and used a Liquid Metal Chocolate to give myself about 4-5 levels off that.

Is there another way to farm some XP that I'm missing or is everyone doing basically what I am?

Essentially, everyone is doing that. Fill out your adventurer and treasure maps (which you can find in the questocrat chronicle), which will get you a bunch of metal and liquid metal keys. Also consider selling some items you don't need at the Bushy Bazaar for points -- you can buy liquid metal keys for 1,000 points (three max, after which it'll reset after three days) and metal keys for 500 points.

RIGHT NOW, THOUGH, THIS WEEK ONLY, the game is running a special daily dungeon with a horde of liquid metal slimes and a metal king slime boss with a Level 1 marker -- I tried it and the vast majority of the liquid metals and metal kings would just putz around waiting for me to kill them. And you get a liquid metal key for each dungeon-mission you succeed at.

So, you know, power level.

(I wonder if this week's daily dungeon is meant to enable everyone to get their prestige classes good and leveled as we finish off the DQI event and head into the now-confirmed DQII event).

Thanks Jay, I did that MKS thing last night, even though it said Monday, so I gotta wait until 9pm or so tonight to do it again with my 2nd classes so I can get closer to my prestige classes.

I have been doing my maps hardcore so I had a lot more keys than I realized, and yeah. One of the first things I actually did when the game started, was sold enough stuff to buy a Liquid Metal key even though I couldn't use it yet, thought they'd be harder to come by than they are currently. I have a ton of gear, so I think I'll sell off a ton of stuff and get more keys.