Plattym3

Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

You could do that if you read the story/dialogue.

touché

So how do I get tickets from the tickets from the buyback store? I gotta get that Erdwin armor.
You get tickets from doing the Daily Quests. Tap the book icon, there should be a Daily Quest tab somewhere there.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

There are seven reasons I hate this: the first is the entire concept, and the remaining six are implementation.

It's not a serious game with much in the way major draws, but one of the reasons I think I'm going to still play is because (A) the compendium and (B) the multiple languages included with the game. Simply by changing the language, the compendium becomes a translation guide for most of the stuff in the series. And me, I like lore and monsters and all the rest of it, so the compendium has a fair bit of value in and of itself for me. I wish it were more thorough, all things considered, because I want to be able to keep track of the inconsistencies. (Examples You Don't Care About: Dark Skeletons in this game can use cursed mist, which is something I can't recall them ever doing before, and they gave Skeleton Scrappers the scythes this time).

But otherwise I'm still curious enough to see what the game does have to offer. The story may not be much, but it isn't actively repulsive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AustNerevar said:
12 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:
So how do I get tickets from the tickets from the buyback store? I gotta get that Erdwin armor.

You get tickets from doing the Daily Quests. Tap the book icon, there should be a Daily Quest tab somewhere there.

Sweet! I got it, thank you. I'm still trying to figure out when the daily stuff refreshes. 

• Like 1

Sweet! I got it, thank you. I'm still trying to figure out when the daily stuff refreshes. 
9pm EST I think. I've noticed it's new later at night.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
43 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

That's what I figured. I closed it out and reopened at a random time last night and it refreshed. I think 9pm is a good bet.

• Like 1

I noticed last night the current meta seems to be the Falcon blade. Everyone is using it since it dies two hits. 

I noticed last night the current meta seems to be the Falcon blade. Everyone is using it since it dies two hits. 
I hate weapons that die in 2 hits.

That's when the game unlocked, after all. 2:00 AM UTC

I'm in a place strong enough to stream Netflix HD, but it's not good enough for Squeenix. So much for today. a55e7c421f7607b783ea7c8daae8277a.jpg

It did that for me as well, then rocketed to 20/21 then sat there for 5min.

What's the point of a progress bar if it's gonna sit on 99% the whole time?

• Like 1

I'm in a place strong enough to stream Netflix HD, but it's not good enough for Squeenix. So much for today. a55e7c421f7607b783ea7c8daae8277a.jpg
As said, it does this for me as well. It just hangs there for a while.

What's the point of 1.8gb the first time to wait all that time for small 21 more things?

I started messing around with the general public multiplayer. It's pretty fun and really easy to connect. There's basically people ready to jump into your game if you decide to host. The only thing is without connecting to game-friends you won't get the meager Friend bonuses.

I have a counter argument to Platty. I'm actually enjoying QotS. While there's some annoying mechanics to it like one time I got six pop-up windows on start, it's overall a simplistic and easily enjoyable game that I find to be a decent spin-off. It's the type of game I could play for a few months and then stop cold turkey and move on. I have low expectations for it, since I burned out of Super Light's crappy RNG a long time ago. As a result I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't seem as bad as Super Light with regards to the RNG.

I also prefer the co-op to competitive. My problem with Super Light is that everything was so black and white so in the Super Light multiplayer arena you had these jacked up monster teams vs. low level newbs. If you're going to have someone with a jacked up character in a game it's more fun having that person fighting with you than losing to them in a one-sided fight. For me, this game brings back pleasant memories of DQIX local co-op multiplayer with the guys at NintendoNY, but with more easy access to online play. It has the look and feel of DQIX, but with better graphics, giving us a window into the possibility of what a DQIX remake might look like.

• Like 1

As said, it does this for me as well. It just hangs there for a while.
Mine won't stop. Been all around all day, nothing.

Mine did that yesterday on my way home. It was annoying. I think it relies too heavily on server pings to load content and save your data. Last night the game definitely wasn't working on a bus in The Lincoln Tunnel. But I took the opposite commute back this morning and the game was fine.

Maybe there was server trouble at that time or something.

4 hours ago, Bururian said:

The Falcon Blade is perennially popular because its two hits give you essentially the highest available DPS, and this version has the Gyrfalcon Slash skill, which is three hits.

1 hour ago, Liamland said:

There's basically people ready to jump into your game if you decide to host. The only thing is without connecting to game-friends you won't get the meager Friend bonuses.

True, but right now they have the New Faces bonus gems giveaway going, so I have no problem not running with friends. I use my friendlist in the main game (and all the Friend bonus seems to do is get you gems less efficiently).

Yes! I just noticed that, too. You seem to get 150 gems for each new person you Quest with, so the advantage goes to playing with random strangers because with Friends it's a lot slower crawl for the gem bonus.

• Like 1

Yes! I just noticed that, too. You seem to get 150 gems for each new person you Quest with, so the advantage goes to playing with random strangers because with Friends it's a lot slower crawl for the gem bonus.
Haha, I told you that day #1, it's how I made like 7,000 gems the first day.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brother Jaybird said:

The Falcon Blade is perennially popular because its two hits give you essentially the highest available DPS, and this version has the Gyrfalcon Slash skill, which is three hits.

True, but right now they have the New Faces bonus gems giveaway going, so I have no problem not running with friends. I use my friendlist in the main game (and all the Friend bonus seems to do is get you gems less efficiently).

The Falcon Blade/UFB was one of the best weapons in DQIX, with its 4-hit attack when combo'd with Falcon Slash. It was even more useful if you had a Stardust type sword and could falcon slash that for two times the defense drop, then switch to UFB. QotS brings back a lot of good DQIX memories.

Just now, Plattym3 said:
3 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Haha, I told you that day #1, it's how I made like 7,000 gems the first day.

I don't think I quite understood, because I didn't touch multiplayer until two days ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Liamland said:

The gift of gems scales inversely with the number of new faces you meet (the rates are listed in the event description in the game). Right now I'm pulling in about 50 per person.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
4 hours ago, Bururian said:

What's the point of 1.8gb the first time to wait all that time for small 21 more things?

The update yesterday is because a lot of the other language options for the game is having issues so this small update was likely related to that.

• Like 2

Making decent progress on actually being somewhat leveled.  Is there a decent place to farm the slime chocolate?  I don't like using my metal keys without bringing one of those along.

Also decided, in the absence of waifus, to declare DQVI itself my waifu for the purposes of picking where to spend my gems.  Kinda disappointed tickets expire and can't be saved, oh well. I've got around 4 ten rolls banked up so far, haven't played multiplayer too much yet.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:41 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

Characters with canon names! I'm in heaven.

On that note, the NPC brother and sister I got after starting with Harte (the guy) were called Sand and Aqua. Does anyone know whether those are the same NPCs you get if you start with Terra (the girl)?