Plattym3

Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

Figured many of us will be playing it starting in the next hour or so depending on the will of the Goddess.

What'cha think so far?

In the middle of doing the 1.8GB download so I never have to worry about stuff. Played it a couple of years ago for a bit and liked it. English will be way better.

In the middle of doing the 1.8GB download so I never have to worry about stuff. Played it a couple of years ago for a bit and liked it. English will be way better.
WTF 1.8GB. Doing that too. That's more assets than a DS game. C'mon Squeenix, a bit much?

Mobile games have massive initial downloads and then a bunch of minor ones. I don’t know what it’s about, but this is totally expected. Love Live!, Fire Emblem Heroes, and that Fate game were all the same. My wi-fi is a joke so I guess that’s all I’ll be doing tonight lol.

I’m curious if everyone gets the same initial pull at the start.

Edited by eal

Characters with canon names! I'm in heaven.

• Like 1

Great news is that the Star Pass first month is free, so if you sub today and cancel by March 23rd, it'll cost you nothing and you'll get the benefits all month.

Well..that's weird. It said first month was free, but it still charged me. Oh well.

Edited by Bururian

Yeah I signed up to the pass as well. Don't think I got charged.

It’s alright. I can see this as something I mess with on my breaks at work. Sure not spending any money on it. I got plenty of free stuff just from downloading and playing the game, so I’m good. Who knows if this will even stay on my phone for long anyway.

Besides, I have all the other DQ games on my phone, and those ones were all one and done payments for them. I won’t be too heartbroken if I abandon DMeiQ since I have 7 other DQ games to play on my breaks. 😂

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This will keep me off social media on my phone. I'd rather be playing this, and to me it's quicker to have some fun doing quests instead of microbursts of one of the mainline titles.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bururian said:

This will keep me off social media on my phone. I'd rather be playing this, and to me it's quicker to have some fun doing quests instead of microbursts of one of the mainline titles.

Well, you are a Jewel bag. You can spend all kinds of cash on DMeiQ with no worries thanks to your bottomless supply of money. 🤣

I paid my $9 for the pass, and after looking over all the features and stuff it offers, I'm not all that interested in auto battle or the x3 speed it offers, x2 is already fast enough.

Game's too new for the extra equipment lockers it offers. The only thing I like is the +30 Luck that you get for drops. Overall not very beneficial for me with how I play these games, which is spend as little money as possible. I.E. Outside of the $9 that I just spent, I played two gacha games for two years, and one for the last 6 months and I spent a total of maybe $5 across all of them.

This game got $9 of faith money from me because I enjoy Dragon Quest that much but I likely won't resubscribe to the star pass. Maybe only if there's an even banner running and I want all the cool gear it's offering because that +30 luck is mighty nice.

• Like 1

So I got my first taste, and the mismatched armor set has already found me. I see we come with two support units who have all the character of hangouts at Patty's Party Planning Place (that is a mouthful, eesh). Cyril the Squirril is tolerable (hopefully the story will give him some decent backstory, since he and the protag party show up at the same spot randomly, unless Cyril actually forgot where his home village was), but he gets more tolerable once Grandpa Gaius arrives and he gets down to the business of being a little #$*!. I never thought I'd say this, but watching a squirril and an astral projection cockblock each other in front of Reverend Hottie may be the best thing about this game.

Like with Pokemon Masters, I'm resolved to stick to one chapter a day, and given the sudden jump in available side-quests, I'll have plenty to do before worrying about Chapter 2.

It's alright. I'll try anything Dragon Quest at least once. It really reminds me of 9 with the outfit customization and I've noticed the translation is kind of bad.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

37 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

It's alright. I'll try anything Dragon Quest at least once. It really reminds me of 9 with the outfit customization and I've noticed the translation is kind of bad.

Questocrat is really bad. Are their sworn enemies the Questpublicans?

Don't leave out the Questetarians.

Nah, they're more anti-Democracy in general (I took it as aristocracy).
Yes, it seems very 9ish. I read all the hints during both 1.8gb downloads on my 2 devices. Alltrades, revocation, party members with the personality of wet sand...

This will keep me off social media on my phone. I'd rather be playing this,

I've come to the same conclusion.

Man, it’s a sad day when people are complaining about the puns!

And... The Starflight Express is definitely there. Opening movie.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
56 minutes ago, eal said:

Don't leave out the Questetarians.

Should’ve named my character Vermin Supreme.

10 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

DMeiQ

D Meikyuu? I thought we all settled on QueSt, when did it become Etrian?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IsaOfTheWorlds said:

D Meikyuu? I thought we all settled on QueSt, when did it become Etrian?

All roads lead to Etrian Odyssey with Yangus.

All roads lead to Etrian Odyssey with Yangus.
But they bend slightly away from the Nexus.

Man, they put a whole lot of subsystems in this game. The developers most definitely don't subscribe to the KISS philosophy, rather more like the KIOSK method one of my former students believed heavily in following.

Man, they put a whole lot of subsystems in this game. The developers most definitely don't subscribe to the KISS philosophy, rather more like the KIOSK method one of my former students believed heavily in following.
This has always seemed to be a trend with DQ mobile apps. They have a lot going on and it can be overwhelming.

I'm just glad I can read the text this time.
  • Like 1

I imagine that for a while, skills and resistances won't even really matter. Once you start doing the event and uppoer level key dungeon stuff, that's where it'll matter most. Main story you can probably go through a good portion of it without having to grind too hard on gear.