Bururian

Dragon Quest T 'n' T Boards

SO, I'm a pretty big fan of playing the T 'n' T boards from the various Dragon Quest games. I really want to play them outside of the game, even though I know the point is items and stuff like that. Has anyone ever made a fan game or something similar for these boards? I have DQ Theatrhythm but I can only play that board mode when I have tickets to play them, which isn't all the time.

Plainly put, I'm dyin' to play T 'n' T at my leisure. Help a guy out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bururian said:

SO, I'm a pretty big fan of playing the T 'n' T boards from the various Dragon Quest games. I really want to play them outside of the game, even though I know the point is items and stuff like that. Has anyone ever made a fan game or something similar for these boards? I have DQ Theatrhythm but I can only play that board mode when I have tickets to play them, which isn't all the time.

Plainly put, I'm dyin' to play T 'n' T at my leisure. Help a guy out.

I can’t help you with a fan game, but I can tell you that you can earn a Golden Card in DQ Theatrhythm so you can play the TNT boards whenever you want. 

I was such a horrible student in high school that I created my own TnT boards on my notebooks and would play my own mini versions of it during classes.

Obviously this doesn't answer your question, but I had a nice trip down memory lane because of it. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I obviously haven't played DQ Theatrhythm enough to know this. Do you know the conditions for this ticket? A quick google search returned nothing for me.

7 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I obviously haven't played DQ Theatrhythm enough to know this. Do you know the conditions for this ticket? A quick google search returned nothing for me.

Nope. I just had it unlocked at some point. I think it came from clearing TNT boards or earning enough rhythm points. Could have come from the adventure mode too.

Well this is a point in the right direction. Thanks for that info Yangus. I appreciate it.

41 minutes ago, Slimeknight said:

I beat the hardest TNT board in Dragon Quest 5 DS.

What does that have to do with Bururian’s question? 🤣

55 minutes ago, Slimeknight said:

I beat the hardest TNT board in Dragon Quest 5 DS.

No you didn't.

Check out Sugaroku Quest for NES. Theres an English translation online somewhere.

• Upvote 2

Orias Obderhode's fangame, Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost contains at least one T'n'T board. He calls it Pachisi though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Orias Obderhode's fangame, Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost contains at least one T'n'T board. He calls it Pachisi though.

I definitely prefer Pachisi as a name to Treasures and Trapdoors.

===

Also, why has no one mentioned Fortune Street?  It's clearly a greatly expanded version of the original Sugoroku game.  In reading up on its history, it was inspired by Sugoroku, and Horii wanted to expand it, so created a whole new game experience that is only that game, thus requiring added rules and special features to make it a stand-alone system.

It certainly plays VERY much like Sugoroku, and a version that would naturally develop from it, so you should feel right at home.

===

Oops, I have the inverse of it.  It was created initially for DQ3, but was never implemented, and was instead created as its own thing, then due to its popularity, was added in, in a more simpler form, to Dragon Quest 3's original remake.

So they both stem from the same original concept and are thus essentially the same game, just a complex and simplified version of it.

Edited by ignasia

On 2/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, AustNerevar said:

Check out Sugaroku Quest for NES. Theres an English translation online somewhere.

I finally got around to trying this.

This is very enjoyable. I like this a lot. Thanks Aust!

• Like 1

In concept that game sounds cool, but  I kind of loose all interest when I realize it's not DQ. It's not tuned *exactly* the way I like it, but DQ is so I'd rather just play DQ.

• Like 1

In concept that game sounds cool, but  I kind of loose all interest when I realize it's not DQ. It's not tuned *exactly* the way I like it, but DQ is so I'd rather just play DQ.
I'm the same way. Been very much into muosu games this year. Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors were good. Not as good as DQHTWTWATBB or the 2nd, but playable until the end. A buddy talked about how amazing Dynasty Warriors 8 was. Tried it, but it's not an IP I recognize and I lost interest within 2 missions.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 4/3/2020 at 3:27 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

I'm the same way. Been very much into muosu games this year. Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors were good. Not as good as DQHTWTWATBB or the 2nd, but playable until the end. A buddy talked about how amazing Dynasty Warriors 8 was. Tried it, but it's not an IP I recognize and I lost interest within 2 missions.

I can't play Muosu unless it's a property I already like.

Sure this NES game isn't quite the TnT board but I gotta make do with what I can. At least until I can earn that golden ticket Yangus was talking about for Theatrhythm Dragon Quest.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that Dragon Quest 5 DS needed to have one more TNT board.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Slimeknight said:

I think we can all agree that Dragon Quest 5 DS needed to have one more TNT board.

... A procedurally generated T'n'T board that you can save to replay or share via StreetPass/tagging? Maybe you are on to something...