But Thou Must

I made a gaming challenge video for DQ II: "Can you beat Dragon Quest II without the Prince of Cannock?"

There's a bunch of videos on YouTube about self-imposed video game challenges like "Can you beat Pokemon Emerald with only Mudkip" or "Can you beat Super Mario 3D World without jumping?" I noticed that Dragon Quest didn't have one but got a good idea for one when a friend was playing DQ II for the first time. I'll admit that the final result below isn't perfect, but let me know what you think!

• Upvote 1

But. But. But. But. He's the star of the game. The original DQ Paladin.

It's not possible in the NES...Cannock is the only one with a revive spell.  You also managed to learn it a level earlier than Moonbrooke's natural level.  That is the lowest level possible to learn it.

So effectively, you've already hit the rock bottom in levels, due in many respects to some heavy luck on the part of the level you learnt Revive.

19 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

But. But. But. But. He's the star of the game. The original DQ Paladin.

You mean Falay'd in oil?  Or is it Palay'd in his own blood?

I’d attempt that challenge. I don’t know if I would succeed, but I’d go for it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If the memes are to be believed you already have to beat the game without him. I'll make sure to watch the video later!

Edit: That was a really fun video. Loved the snippets of your streams to show the outcome of certain situations.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

On 3/5/2020 at 9:04 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

If the memes are to be believed you already have to beat the game without him. I'll make sure to watch the video later!

Edit: That was a really fun video. Loved the snippets of your streams to show the outcome of certain situations.

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm glad to hear you liked it! Those two moments were lucky enough for me to put my live reaction in the video!