Sign in to follow this  
d9w.hatena

Resistance calculation how-to

Resistance calculation is really important in DQ-Stars. I wrote an article how to calculate it here, based on the Japanese version. It's purely technical, and there's no spoiler.

It's not necessary yet, but keen players will soon find it invaluable, say in April or May. In strong boss fights, it'll be crucial.

You can't play (in fact, can't DL) the worldwide version in Japan, including me. Please suggest me any improvements, in particular terminology glitches.

Enjoy!

EDIT: @Brother Jaybird and @ignasia: Thanks for your kind replies! You know I'm a newbie here, tee-hee.

@woodus: Thank you very much for running a great site!

Edited by d9w.hatena
  • Like 3

Not surprising they'd rehash the standard resistance system.  It's basically how it works in every game.  Each individual resistance bonus multiplies.  Cool, and while I can't download even when it does come out (my phone can't handle it), I'm glad to know how that core mechanic works.  Especially given, as you've said, it's so critical in this particular DQ.  Cheers and kudos!

Thank you for sharing that, will definitely be looking into it when the game comes out tomorrow.

• Like 1