Woodus

Dragon Quest Your Story is out Today

your story.jpg

What does everyone think of it, I know @Plattym3 has already watched it. Not sure when I will get to it today.

Don't forget to use spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it yet.

Gonna watch it right now and hopefully finish it before I have to go to work.

• Like 2

Yep. Went to bed early last night to get up early and watch. It was excellent. I won't put any spoilers, but honestly it was great to OK all the way through. Whatever weird ending was feared was far worse than what really happened on screen. Cute little moments thought the whole thing. One of the nicest and easily missed was a cute moment in the snow where the young protagonist was hopping in his father's footprints. Adorable!

Gonna watch it right now and hopefully finish it before I have to go to work.
It was a full 1:40. Thought it'd be closer to 80ish mins.

We should use this as a spoiler-free topic and then have a second topic just for talking about the movie without restrictions.

3 hours ago, eal said:

We should use this as a spoiler-free topic and then have a second topic just for talking about the movie without restrictions.

Good call.

Gonna try to watch it tonight, but Picard takes precedence. May have to wait till the weekend.

• Like 1

It is very slowly downloading to my phone. Hopefully it finishes before my phone card expires (at some unknown point today) because I can't buy a new one until payday (Monday).  I'd like to watch the movie on my walk home tonight.

Gonna try to watch it tonight, but Picard takes precedence. May have to wait till the weekend.
Picard is a Friday show for me as I don't have CBS streaming so need to wait until I can "find" it somewhere else.

But hot damn is that show so good!

Picard is a Friday show for me as I don't have CBS streaming so need to wait until I can "find" it somewhere else. But hot damn is that show so good!
Picard drops at like midnight, so you can easily "find" it on Thursday. I have it ready by the time we get home from work.

I enjoyed the first two episodes. The most recent two I enjoy less so.
  • Like 1

Picard drops at like midnight, so you can easily "find" it on Thursday. I have it ready by the time we get home from work.

Well #$*!. I thought it was like Discovery and only came on in the evening. Damn, I'm doing a podcast tonight. Will have to watch tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!

Well #$*!. I thought it was like Discovery and only came on in the evening. Damn, I'm doing a podcast tonight. Will have to watch tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!
Yeah I thought it was weird too. There was a brief moment where my wife and I considered staying up to 2AM Central (the actual time it drops) to watch it. But then we remembered that we're thirty and have a toddler.
  • Like 1

Now that I'm caught up, I'm still digging it just fine. I know not much is happening, but honestly that's the Trek I enjoy the most. I've read over 100 novels and seen every episode and every movie of every generation. To me, I enjoy the world-building and stories of the characters. It's why initially I was meh on Discovery, I just didn't give 2 shits for Miachel. Eventually the story hooked me. Picard was an instant hook. And next week with him wearing an eye patch and Seven of Nine being on!

But I understand, these aren't 90s Star Trek anymore.

Now that I'm caught up, I'm still digging it just fine. I know not much is happening, but honestly that's the Trek I enjoy the most. I've read over 100 novels and seen every episode and every movie of every generation. To me, I enjoy the world-building and stories of the characters. It's why initially I was meh on Discovery, I just didn't give 2 shits for Miachel. Eventually the story hooked me. Picard was an instant hook. And next week with him wearing an eye patch and Seven of Nine being on!

But I understand, these aren't 90s Star Trek anymore.
There are a few problems I have with modern Trek, not really anything to do edith the pacing of Picard.

Generally speaking, Picard is a good show and is some of the best Trek we've seen since Enterprise. But then, the bar has been set pretty low.

I'm most upset about how Picard seems to have reintroduced money into Federation society.

Also, I'm not cool with the F bombs.
  • Like 1

I loved it so much, but that ending 🤦‍♂️

Seriously, what were they thinking?  Twenty years ago this might have played well, but I was left watching w/ arms crossed at the finish line.

95% of the movie was great.