Dragon Quest of the Stars hits 300,000 Pre-Registrations

Posted on the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DQS.SQEX) today, Dragon Quest of the Stars has hit 300,000 registrants.

DQ of Stars 300k.jpg

Wow! That’s actually pretty cool.

Oh, boy. God help me... Literally the only other mobile game I play is getting a new game the day after DQ of the Stars comes out.

8BD9DFBD-1D84-42D0-9519-7D043598F21C.jpeg.70f5b7471cdd8a096a6ca921d8aefc1c.jpegE29F06F6-30C8-4DFE-9675-82374BE944AC.jpeg.adb9fff6a7efca2cb9a8f9dc6dfae72b.jpeg

1 hour ago, eal said:

Oh, boy. God help me... Literally the only other mobile game I play is getting a new game the day after DQ of the Stars comes out.

8BD9DFBD-1D84-42D0-9519-7D043598F21C.jpeg.70f5b7471cdd8a096a6ca921d8aefc1c.jpegE29F06F6-30C8-4DFE-9675-82374BE944AC.jpeg.adb9fff6a7efca2cb9a8f9dc6dfae72b.jpeg

Nice to see someone is doing a Smash Mouth collab. I bet the lead singer will be a top ranked character.

• Like 1
Nice to see someone is doing a Smash Mouth collab. I bet the lead singer will be a top ranked character.

Dude, he's an all-star.

He'll get both games on, go play.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Dude, he's an all-star.

Well, we’ll never know if he can go.

If he plays both he may never show.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Dude, he's an all-star.

I’m playing both but let’s be real, the odds are greater Love Live! All Stars will live to see 2021 than Dragon Quest of the Stars so it’s not that big of hassle.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

I’m playing both but let’s be real, the odds are greater Love Live! All Stars will live to see 2021 than Dragon Quest of the Stars so it’s not that big of hassle.

Truly you are the DQ fan we all need to aspire to be in terms of positive thoughts for the series that brought us all here. 😜

11 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Truly you are the DQ fan we all need to aspire to be in terms of positive thoughts for the series that brought us all here. 😜

Square Enix randomly nukes their mobile games. Didn’t they announce just last month Mobius Final Fantasy was ending service? Chaos Ring 1 and 2 are gone but 3 is still hanging around. On top of that, gacha games in general have a short life expectancy if they can’t find an audience of whales. I’m sure as heck not giving them any money.

Truly you are the DQ fan we all need to aspire to be in terms of positive thoughts for the series that brought us all here.
Some of us all all optimistic! 78bf60f34f1302f23681e016673656d4.jpg
Square Enix randomly nukes their mobile games. Didn’t they announce just last month Mobius Final Fantasy was ending service? Chaos Ring 1 and 2 are gone but 3 is still hanging around. On top of that, gacha games in general have a short life expectancy if they can’t find an audience of whales. I’m sure as heck not giving them any money.
I won't likely do that either. I'm a bit meh on this. I don't like mobile gaming/games without definite ends. DQM:SL was OK for a couple weeks, but I dislike the feeling I need to play these games daily. I also dislike the ability to play anywhere/anytime, it's too addictive. I like to have my Switch or Vita and play in the house or when I bring it to places I'm prepared to play a while. In another unpopular opinion, I feel that paying for stuff in this game sends the wrong message. My message to Squeenix is "more DQ on consoles. I'll pay for that." Paying for mobile just means more mobile, and that I don't really support.
8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, eal said:

I won't likely do that either. I'm a bit meh on this. I don't like mobile gaming/games without definite ends. DQM:SL was OK for a couple weeks, but I dislike the feeling I need to play these games daily. I also dislike the ability to play anywhere/anytime, it's too addictive. I like to have my Switch or Vita and play in the house or when I bring it to places I'm prepared to play a while. In another unpopular opinion, I feel that paying for stuff in this game sends the wrong message. My message to Squeenix is "more DQ on consoles. I'll pay for that." Paying for mobile just means more mobile, and that I don't really support.

I’m mixed on this because the fact of the matter is that I do play a free-to-play gacha game, and I have played it consistently for close to 5 years. So it sounds hypocritical or inconsistent to say that I have an issue with Dragon Quest of the Stars, especially since I’m going to play it.

I’ll defend myself by saying I don’t actually care about Love Live! as a franchise at all (I tried watching the anime and gave up after 6 episodes and I sub to the subreddit but don’t post or get involved), but I do care about Dragon Quest and don’t like the idea that this game is being supported by people who love Dragon Quest and are having money sucked out of their wallets like a vacuum because these kinds of games are predatory on those prone to poor impulse control. I don’t have that problem with Love Live! because I don’t care about the franchise overall, though I admit I’m fond of a few characters individually.

You know what I did care about? The Simpsons. I spent a $1 here and there and would use gift cards I got for Christmas on The Simpsons: Tapped Out to buy premium buildings. You don’t notice those micro buys but they’re there and they add up. So I just stopped playing. It wasn’t even a good game and I wasn’t going to be taken advantage of because I loved The Simpsons.

Because of this experience, I feel Dragon Quest fans are especially in danger of being taken advantage of because they’re extra passionate. They could feel this is the best way to send a message that they want more Dragon Quest games and will spend excessive amounts of money on it to make that point. 

• Like 1
On 2/12/2020 at 3:48 PM, Plattym3 said:

Some of us all all optimistic! 78bf60f34f1302f23681e016673656d4.jpg

I am optimistic and open to what games offer. I’m not gonna drop money on this even though it’s DQ, but as long as I’m enjoying it I don’t care.

I’ll be honest, I am not super critical. Unless I REALLY don’t like something, I’m not one who nitpicks a bunch of #$*!. I see no reason too unless it strikes a nerve. I prefer to just enjoy what’s presented, and most of the time I enjoy the experience. If I didn’t, then you guys get to hear all about it! Haha

12 hours ago, Bururian said:

I'm looking forward to the game. I was going to do the $9 sub for the first month to see how that goes for me. I'm not ashamed.

Honestly, If mobile games just dropped gacha mechanics in favor of a subscription model. I would be more supportive of it.

I finally moved to the world of a phone that can play this.

I'll be there the 25th!

• Like 1
Forgot the game was coming out so soon. I'll probably make it about a week into the game before dropping it but I hope to get a good time out of it.
It'll hopefully make it into my top 3:

#4 - Fire Emblem Whatever - 1 week
#3 - Puzzles & Dragons - 3 weeks
#2 - DQM Super Light - 4 months
#1 - Pokémon Go - 10 months
6 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

So the game is available.

Screenshot_2020-02-23-23-14-38.thumb.png.7b15374db8da6ccf94cb542e4488a712.png

You can't do much, but it's available.

So about 9pm on 2/24 for East coast people like myself. Midwest and West coast people adjust accordingly to that time.