This is a game I’ve wanted to see from Dragon Quest, but why the hell is it a mobile game instead of a full blown console release?

• Like 1
This is a game I’ve wanted to see from Dragon Quest, but why the hell is it a mobile game instead of a full blown console release?
Because Current-Year.
28 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
32 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Because Current-Year.

Thanks Aust. 😑

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
Calling it Tact instead of Tactics or something like that bothers me far more than it probably should.  It's three letters SE.
100% agree. Maybe they're saving that full title for a console release one day, but currently this seems like an old person trying to be edgy and cool using odd slag they make up.
Well. Dragon Quest Wars wasn't bad... Maybe this will stretch its way in to good?
No, it wasn't bad. I remember clearing all the boards/challenges it came with though in 2 hours and not touching it again. This should stretch a bit more.
19 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Calling it Tact instead of Tactics or something like that bothers me far more than it probably should.  It's three letters SE.

Yeah, I have to agree on that. Seems weird they just went with Tact instead of Tactics.

Thanks Aust.
Everything's gotta be a mobile game these day. There's too much money in it.

As a Final Fantasy Tactics lover, I was intrigued by the prospect of a DQ tactical-RPG. So I played DQ Wars. 

I'm not going to lie, even for a 3+ € game, I was disappointed. When I heard about the new DQ "Tact", I thought it was finally the possibility of a full game with a compelling story, vocations for human characters with no personality (which is the only kinda games where this doesn't bother me) and a few important ones for the sake of the scenario. 

And so here I am again, confronted to what looks like a Mobile (so prettier) DQ Wars. I'm not interested in the slightest, but I'm glad some are I guess. 

On 2/5/2020 at 5:03 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

This. 

A thousand times, this. 

Release it on the Switch and I will loyally pre-order and play.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Release it on the Switch and I will loyally pre-order and play.

Yes. But if they released Rivals on the Switch they might bring this over too. Sure it won't be as good as an intended console release but I really don't like playing games on mobile.

1 hour ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Who, knows, maybe SQEX chose the name because they want us to think that it's

hqdefault.jpg

but when it finally gets here, the game will be more

french+man+at+tea.jpg

Reverse image searching that second image just got "18th century tea."

...in other words, I don't get it, could you explain the joke?

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Reverse image searching that second image just got "18th century tea."

...in other words, I don't get it, could you explain the joke?

I was riffing on the fact that "tact" means "discernment in social affairs", but it was hard to find an image to represent that adequately.

7 hours ago, Hendrik of Heliodor said:

Yes. But if they released Rivals on the Switch they might bring this over too. Sure it won't be as good as an intended console release but I really don't like playing games on mobile.

Same. But for me, "Don't like," would be a bit of an understatement. 

For some reason I just can't stand playing games on my phone, especially in-depth games. It just doesn't feel right.

2 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Same. But for me, "Don't like," would be a bit of an understatement. 

For some reason I just can't stand playing games on my phone, especially in-depth games. It just doesn't feel right.

I’m the same. I didn’t mind playing DQ1-3 on my phone since they are shorter games, but trying to play DQ4 on my phone has taken forever. It makes my thumbs hurt.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m the same. I didn’t mind playing DQ1-3 on my phone since they are shorter games, but trying to play DQ4 on my phone has taken forever. It makes my thumbs hurt.

Yeah. I played DQ 1 on a tablet but that is probably the only full game I've ever played on, "Mobile"

I always figured a DQ tactical RPG would more resemble the mystery dungeon games, just with less mystery and more party members.

• 2 weeks later...

Either I finish learning the Japanese language and play it in Japanese, or I wait for them to localize it and play it in English.. I guess I'll only get to play it in 8 years either way.

• Like 1
Either I finish learning the Japanese language and play it in Japanese, or I wait for them to localize it and play it in English.. I guess I'll only get to play it in 8 years either way.
So true!