eal

Game Rumor Thread

Couldn’t think of a decent place to put this so I figured I’d create this topic since it could be useful in the future.

The Wii U may be losing another exclusive, this time through a Kickstarter of all things. This seems to be a pretty credible rumor and there’s an actual date for the announcement.

I take any and all game rumors with a grain of salt. They can be interesting, but I just don’t trust them.

Having said that, and related to possible other console releases/because I’ve wanted it to happen since 2017, I REALLY want The Wonderful 101 to be released on Switch. That game deserves another chance. It was such a good game. It being on the Wii U didn’t do it any favors.

I will take this as a chance to rant.

It is fine to talk about rumors and speculations. Just don't take everything as a fact. I see so much of this online of people getting hyped up over a rumor and then forming a mob against a company for not fulfilling some damn rumor that they had no control over. Remember when P5S was trademarked by Atlus? People just assumed it meant that we were getting Persona 5 on Switch. Only for it to be Scramble and people got pissed at Atlus for doing nothing wrong at all.

So thankful we have this forum. Probably the only place I can talk about video games without people being unreasonable about everything.

That being said. Would be nice to see Wonderful 101 get a Switch release. A lot of good games didn't get any spotlight thanks to that system's failure.

46 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I will take this as a chance to rant.

It is fine to talk about rumors and speculations. Just don't take everything as a fact. I see so much of this online of people getting hyped up over a rumor and then forming a mob against a company for not fulfilling some damn rumor that they had no control over. Remember when P5S was trademarked by Atlus? People just assumed it meant that we were getting Persona 5 on Switch. Only for it to be Scramble and people got pissed at Atlus for doing nothing wrong at all.

So thankful we have this forum. Probably the only place I can talk about video games without people being unreasonable about everything.

That being said. Would be nice to see Wonderful 101 get a Switch release. A lot of good games didn't get any spotlight thanks to that system's failure.

We are a laid back bunch, that is true.

Only time the rumor mill bothers me is when they’re built on trademarks being renewed or companies are getting ahead of the curve and buying website domains. “Is a Super Mario Sunshine port/remake coming?!” No, the trademark was just coming up on it’s renewable date. This bothers me in particular because it’s just business as usual and yet people use it to get other people excited. 

12 minutes ago, eal said:

Only time the rumor mill bothers me is when they’re built on trademarks being renewed or companies are getting ahead of the curve and buying website domains. “Is a Super Mario Sunshine port/remake coming?!” No, the trademark was just coming up on it’s renewable date. This bothers me in particular because it’s just business as usual and yet people use it to get other people excited. 

I remember in the summer last year Nintendo had a post of Mario eating a watermelon. It was a new piece of art that looked like his Mario Odyssey render, and I noticed that since I had been playing the game at the time. People were losing their minds thinking it was “OMG A SUNSHINE REMAKE?! What does this picture mean?!?!”

It’s like people don’t get that a piece of art can just be a piece of art. Nothing more.

37 minutes ago, eal said:

I remember the hype around Chrono Break. Look how that turned out. It doesn't mean the game will ever see the light of day either.

25 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I remember in the summer last year Nintendo had a post of Mario eating a watermelon. It was a new piece of art that looked like his Mario Odyssey render, and I noticed that since I had been playing the game at the time. People were losing their minds thinking it was “OMG A SUNSHINE REMAKE?! What does this picture mean?!?!”

It’s like people don’t get that a piece of art can just be a piece of art. Nothing more.

The same people were also saying that there were hints at that year's E3 of a Sunshine remake. There was a pineapple on the table. Despite that that screen captures were done during the Link's Awakening remake. You know. The same Zelda game that takes place on a tropical island. During the Luigi's Mansion presentation there was a watermelon on the table as well. Even though there is a watermelon garden area that they showed off in the presentation as well. All of this was from a tweet from Nintendo just saying that they wish everyone had a great summer.

I can see why people like to speculate over some dumb things for fun. But some people take it seriously and take it as a fact.

15 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I remember the hype around Chrono Break. Look how that turned out. It doesn't mean the game will ever see the light of day either.

The same people were also saying that there were hints at that year's E3 of a Sunshine remake. There was a pineapple on the table. Despite that that screen captures were done during the Link's Awakening remake. You know. The same Zelda game that takes place on a tropical island. During the Luigi's Mansion presentation there was a watermelon on the table as well. Even though there is a watermelon garden area that they showed off in the presentation as well. All of this was from a tweet from Nintendo just saying that they wish everyone had a great summer.

I can see why people like to speculate over some dumb things for fun. But some people take it seriously and take it as a fact.

I remember the one Smash Bros Ultimate video where there was a purple and yellow chair in the background while Sakurai was on screen and everyone was like “OMG WALUIGI?!?! ITS RELATED TO HIM GUYS IT HAS TO BE!” All because of two chairs. This was already after the fact Waluigi had been confirmed as an assist trophy again too.

I’d like to see him playable too (and I’m being 100% legit about that, I’ve been wanting that since Wario was announced for Brawl), but that was a serious stretch.

19 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I remember the one Smash Bros Ultimate video where there was a purple and yellow chair in the background while Sakurai was on screen and everyone was like “OMG WALUIGI?!?! ITS RELATED TO HIM GUYS IT HAS TO BE!” All because of two chairs. This was already after the fact Waluigi had been confirmed as an assist trophy again too.

I’d like to see him playable too (and I’m being 100% legit about that, I’ve been wanting that since Wario was announced for Brawl), but that was a serious stretch.

I was just thinking about that. I remember reading how insistent some people were.

Waluigi would be another Nintendo mainstay, but it would certainly be more fun and variety than another anime swordfighter (I'm admittedly saying this after the one/four swordfighters I care about got in).

39 minutes ago, Brother Jaybird said:

I was just thinking about that. I remember reading how insistent some people were.

Waluigi would be another Nintendo mainstay, but it would certainly be more fun and variety than another anime swordfighter (I'm admittedly saying this after the one/four swordfighters I care about got in).

But we need more Fire Emblem characters! I’m sure that’s what the next 6 DLC characters will be! Thanks Sakurai and Nintendo!

Seriously though, they need to stop with the FE characters. I’m a fan of the series but I’m sick of FE characters being new DLC. I was fine with Roy in Smash 4 since he’s a veteran and was one of my go to characters in Melee, and I was fine with Chrom being added as an Echo in Ultimate, but please Sakurai/Nintendo, STOP WITH THE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS!

Hey, Tokyo Mirage Sessions just came to Switch and they need to promote it. Throw Itsuki into the game!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eal said:

Hey, Tokyo Mirage Sessions just came to Switch and they need to promote it. Throw Itsuki into the game!

Honestly that would have made more sense and I probably would be down for that. Not gonna play the game but at least it would get a character from the collab game between Nintendo and Atlus.

20 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

But we need more Fire Emblem characters! I’m sure that’s what the next 6 DLC characters will be! Thanks Sakurai and Nintendo!

It's weird; I'm almost certain Nintendo knows about the Marth Debuted in Smash Bros effect and are trying to game it for a series that's already immensely popular in the west. It smells very much like an executive decision.

7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Honestly that would have made more sense and I probably would be down for that. Not gonna play the game but at least it would get a character from the collab game between Nintendo and Atlus.

Unironically, I wouldn’t. He uses Chrom as his Mirage. And he wield swords. So basically he’d be combination of generic Smash sword wielder and Chrom from Smash.

I feel like Eleanora (archer with Virion as her Mirage) or Kiria (mage with a microphone stand as a wand and Tharja as her Mirage) would be better if they pulled from Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

48 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Seriously though, they need to stop with the FE characters. I’m a fan of the series but I’m sick of FE characters being new DLC. I was fine with Roy in Smash 4 since he’s a veteran and was one of my go to characters in Melee, and I was fine with Chrom being added as an Echo in Ultimate, but please Sakurai/Nintendo, STOP WITH THE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS!

People wouldn't be upset over this if Awakening didn't have 3 characters.

30 minutes ago, Brother Jaybird said:

It's weird; I'm almost certain Nintendo knows about the Marth Debuted in Smash Bros effect and are trying to game it for a series that's already immensely popular in the west. It smells very much like an executive decision.

I would completely agree with you on that. Sakurai has said in the past he’s a big Fire Emblem fan too, so if Nintendo pushed for Byleth + Sakurai already being a fan equaled the same thing that happened with Corrin back in Smash 4. Heck, back when Corrin was announced Sakurai even said he was afraid of their being to many FE reps. Guess that’s no longer a problem.

22 minutes ago, eal said:

Unironically, I wouldn’t. He uses Chrom as his Mirage. And he wield swords. So basically he’d be combination of generic Smash sword wielder and Chrom from Smash.

I feel like Eleanora (archer with Virion as her Mirage) or Kiria (mage with a microphone stand as a wand and Tharja as her Mirage) would be better if they pulled from Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Eh, I would take the main female character or pretty much anyone else from that game. The Mirage mechanic could act like how I thought Joker was going to act: every special calls forth the Mirage while regular attacks are just the character themself.

9 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

People wouldn't be upset over this if Awakening didn't have 3 characters.

To play devil’s advocate, that game having three reps at least makes sense popular game wise with FE. I could take or leave Chrom or Lucina, but they and Robin would be recognizable and liked characters by folks whose first FE game was Awakening.

Honestly I think after Corrin’s addition people just didn’t want to see any more FE reps. I blame him/her more than the others. I like Corrin’s moveset, but after playing Fates I sure don’t like the character himself/herself. I can’t fully comment on Byleth since I’ve barely played Three Houses, but it just felt like a boring choice and was just another FE character in my eyes.

The moveset seems like it would be more fitting on a Monster Hunter character, particularly how the breaking of shields plays into Byleth’s fighting style. In MH games you want to break body parts or cutoff monster tails, and seeing how fast the animation speed is for the different weapons REALLY makes me think it would have been more fitting on an MH Hunter.

Whats bugs me the most about Byleth is that, despite a new character joining Smash, I just didn’t have the desire to really play the game again and really try out the character. I’m not a big Persona fan by any means, but Joker was genuinely exciting to see and to play as, and I spent a good amount of time playing as the character. I find it weird how the character from the series I’m “meh,” on got me more invested than the character from the series I actually like.

1 minute ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

To play devil’s advocate, that game having three reps at least makes sense popular game wise with FE. I could take or leave Chrom or Lucina, but they and Robin would be recognizable and liked characters by folks whose first FE game was Awakening.

Honestly I think after Corrin’s addition people just didn’t want to see any more FE reps. I blame him/her more than the others. I like Corrin’s moveset, but after playing Fates I sure don’t like the character himself/herself. I can’t fully comment on Byleth since I’ve barely played Three Houses, but it just felt like a boring choice and was just another FE character in my eyes.

The moveset seems like it would be more fitting on a Monster Hunter character, particularly how the breaking of shields plays into Byleth’s fighting style. In MH games you want to break body parts or cutoff monster tails, and seeing how fast the animation speed is for the different weapons REALLY makes me think it would have been more fitting on an MH Hunter.

Whats bugs me the most about Byleth is that, despite a new character joining Smash, I just didn’t have the desire to really play the game again and really try out the character. I’m not a big Persona fan by any means, but Joker was genuinely exciting to see and to play as, and I spent a good amount of time playing as the character. I find it weird how the character from the series I’m “meh,” on got me more invested than the character from the series I actually like.

If they are going to remove either Chrom or Lucina. Please leave Lucina in. She is a top tier character according to tournament data and I like playing her lol

My big problem with Smash community in general is I feel people care way too much about the characters themselves instead of the mechanics they bring to the table. While Byleth may be another Fire Emblem character, he still has added something unique to the game that wasn't in the game before.

I also wouldn't rule out Monster Hunter yet. Monster Hunter is a system seller in Japan. Along with the fact that there is only one Monster Hunter spirit in the game. Monster Hunter still has a damn good chance on making it in.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 1:33 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You mean you aren't supposed to make a just over 10 minute video to make sure you get revenue from it about a picture?

55 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

If they are going to remove either Chrom or Lucina. Please leave Lucina in. She is a top tier character according to tournament data and I like playing her lol

My big problem with Smash community in general is I feel people care way too much about the characters themselves instead of the mechanics they bring to the table. While Byleth may be another Fire Emblem character, he still has added something unique to the game that wasn't in the game before.

I also wouldn't rule out Monster Hunter yet. Monster Hunter is a system seller in Japan. Along with the fact that there is only one Monster Hunter spirit in the game. Monster Hunter still has a damn good chance on making it in.

I hope to god it does. MH is one of my favorite franchises and after Rathalos was revealed as a boss plus a few MH songs were in Ultimate, I was hoping for an MH character in the fighters pass. I really hope we see it happen. That’s the only other character/series I genuinely want to see added to Smash aside from Geno and Waluigi.

Byleth’s moveset doesn’t do anything for me. Breaking shields was surprising, but nothing clicked while playing as them. I give characters a chance before trying to judge them, but nothing about Byleth has done anything for me. Corrin was a character I actually really enjoy gameplay wise, which I was not expecting. Same thing happened with Joker.

Byleth just doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t hate the inclusion, but I can’t say I like it either. I guess I’m just neutral to it and Byleth is just there on the character select now. 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

You mean you aren't supposed to make a just over 10 minute video to make sure you get revenue from it about a picture?

Ah yes, Grov- I mean Arlo. I’m indifferent to the guy, but I think he jumps on stuff a little too much, just like that Mario picture.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

one else from that game. The Mirage mechanic could act like how I thought Joker was going to act: every special calls forth the Mirage while regular attacks are just the character themself.

I dunno if Tsubasa would be great because she’s a Lance user, which just seems one minor step removed from just another sword character. At least a bow or wand are a change of pace. A good Final Smash would be one of whichever character’s Special Performance skills. Or maybe a long Session combo with the other party members.

30 minutes ago, eal said:

I dunno if Tsubasa would be great because she’s a Lance user, which just seems one minor step removed from just another sword character. At least a bow or wand are a change of pace. A good Final Smash would be one of whichever character’s Special Performance skills. Or maybe a long Session combo with the other party members.

An arrow user could be interesting. I could see it being a little like how Hawkeye has different arrow types in Ultimate Marvel 3, letting the character use different ones depending on the situation.

I’d be down for a dedicated bow user of any kind though. I like playing snipers and bowman in games. It’s why the Sniper class was my go to in Team Fortress 2 (either with a sniper or the bow you can unlock for him) and why it’s my favorite class from Etrian Odyssey IV along with the Survivalist from the earlier games.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

An arrow user could be interesting. I could see it being a little like how Hawkeye has different arrow types in Ultimate Marvel 3, letting the character use different ones depending on the situation.

I’d be down for a dedicated bow user of any kind though. I like playing snipers and bowman in games. It’s why the Sniper class was my go to in Team Fortress 2 (either with a sniper or the bow you can unlock for him) and why it’s my favorite class from Etrian Odyssey IV along with the Survivalist from the earlier games.

I know basically less than nothing about fighting games but I do know that any fighters that rely on keeping you at a distance are my Achilles heel. I still remember Yukiko players completely trouncing me any time I played P4 Arena.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I hope to god it does. MH is one of my favorite franchises and after Rathalos was revealed as a boss plus a few MH songs were in Ultimate, I was hoping for an MH character in the fighters pass. I really hope we see it happen. That’s the only other character/series I genuinely want to see added to Smash aside from Geno and Waluigi.

Byleth’s moveset doesn’t do anything for me. Breaking shields was surprising, but nothing clicked while playing as them. I give characters a chance before trying to judge them, but nothing about Byleth has done anything for me. Corrin was a character I actually really enjoy gameplay wise, which I was not expecting. Same thing happened with Joker.

Byleth just doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t hate the inclusion, but I can’t say I like it either. I guess I’m just neutral to it and Byleth is just there on the character select now. 🤷‍♂️

Ah yes, Grov- I mean Arlo. I’m indifferent to the guy, but I think he jumps on stuff a little too much, just like that Mario picture.

Yeah, I watched Arlo's video in the past before. But it came off as being sarcastic and just joking around the subject. So I gave him a pass on that.

I am not huge on Byleth either. Not a big fan of shield breaking. The one thing I DO love about Byleth though is that tether play. It feels so damn good to time that tether to dunk someone off stage.

https://wccftech.com/smash-bros-creator-too-man-fire-emblem-fighters/

It was a corporate decision. Straight from the creator dude's translated mouth.
6d9cfb3ebefad25443c2359f141faacb.jpg

12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

6d9cfb3ebefad25443c2359f141faacb.jpg

Ah, yes. I wonder if we have a sufficiently sarcastic woohoo emoji lying around somewhere. Do we have a list of Den emojis somewhere?