Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jaybird

Findings: Dragon Quest Rivals Wiki (Japanese)

So I was using the Dragon's Den monster wiki and on a lark I went googling the Japanese monster names looking for graphics, and one of the links I found was to the DQR WIKI at https://dqr.hateblo.jp/.

Now, very few of you read Japanese (I can barely squeak along if you give me a few hours and a good dictionary), but there's a lot of high quality DQ art if you go looking around.

20190430123313.png

Edited by Brother Jaybird

An embarrassment of nerdy riches: I've just lucked into a Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Search Engine.

Fair warning: in the browser I use, at least, the website throws up a modal window that makes it hard to use, but that can be fixed by deleting the element from the document in the browser. (For those of you who aren't web developers, I can show you how to do that).

Edited by Brother Jaybird
  • Like 1

An embarrassment of nerdy riches: I've just lucked into a Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Search Engine.
Fair warning: in the browser I use, at least, the website throws up a modal window that makes it hard to use, but that can be fixed by deleting the element from the document in the browser. (For those of you who aren't web developers, I can show you how to do that).
Wow, 6 years already. I do recall it first dropping around that time. My son is 6, and I remember waking up & playing until my stamina was out during Spring Break the first time we brought him to our family mountain house that March.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 1/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

Wow, 6 years already. I do recall it first dropping around that time. My son is 6, and I remember waking up & playing until my stamina was out during Spring Break the first time we brought him to our family mountain house that March.

That sounds pretty fun. I never had a real opportunity to play myself (I recall once trying in earnest to jump through all the hoops to spoof it), but I think that was after the western servers stopped serving.

My main interest in it was always the new varieties of monsters, though, so I'm happy I found this website.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1