Sign in to follow this  
Inviso Bill

Dragon quest monsters New game

Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone is a fan of the Dragon Quest Monsters series... been looking for some support for a petition I made to try to get Square Enix to keep up the work on the new game since I think they might have given up with the recent success of the main series games.

Here's the link if you wanna sign.  http://chng.it/yzGzbKHPNP

They haven’t given up on Monsters games. The newest one is still in development. It’s run into some behind the scene issues and was discussed earlier this year, but the newest game is still on going.

https://www.siliconera.com/new-dragon-quest-monsters-appears-to-be-going-through-some-development-trouble/

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yep. A DQ Monsters game for me would be a pre-order and Day One buy without question. In my book, the DQ monsters games are the best and most complete spin-off games ever completed. (There may be some heavy bias involved in that opinion)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Yep. A DQ Monsters game for me would be a pre-order and Day One buy without question. In my book, the DQ monsters games are the best and most complete spin-off games ever completed. (There may be some heavy bias involved in that opinion)

Bias? What bias? There isn’t any bias in your post whatsoever. Absolutely none. You, my good yellow colored bat, are crazy.

I just beat my first Dragon Quest Monsters game, Dragon Warrior Monsters, last year.

• Like 2

I really could use a game like dragon warrior monsters 1 and 2 in my life 

Play Joker! Or Joker 2! Or emulate Joker 3!Or DQM: Terry's Wonderland 3D!

21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Bias? What bias? There isn’t any bias in your post whatsoever. Absolutely none. You, my good yellow colored bat, are crazy.

Woo! My behaviors are being enabled!!!!

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
5 hours ago, griz said:

Play Joker! Or Joker 2! Or emulate Joker 3!Or DQM: Terry's Wonderland 3D!

Yes!

And this discussion made me realize that while I've beaten DWM, DWM2: Cobi's Journey, and DQM:J, It also made me realize I both claimed to love DQM as the best spinoff, all the while I've never beaten, or even played DQM:J 2.

Ugh. I need to remedy this. 

48 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Woo! My behaviors are being enabled!!!!

You should probably see your doctor about that. I hear it can be bad for your health when that happens.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You should probably see your doctor about that. I hear it can be bad for your health when that happens.

No!

I can quit anytime I want!!

I'm slowly playing through the first Monsters game. With the exception of DQM Super Light, the Monsters series is the one DQ spin-off series I never really got into, growing up, and I want to give it a chance.

Right now I'm in the Reflection portal, after having just beaten the S-rank tournament. I suspect I'm close to the Starry Night tournament at this point. My main monsters are a breeded GreatDrak, breeded King Slime, and a recruited Servant that I'm hoping to breed into Dragonlord (once I find an Andreal). I want to save my breeded GreatDrak for now because he's my best attacker.

• Like 1

The early Monsters series was actually one of my earliest experiences with Dragon Quest, though I never really played them -- I had a bud in high school who played them and I would watch over his shoulder. I never played any of the monsters games until I emulated Joker and Joker 2 in college. I tried to play Monsters 1 a few years ago, but I couldn't get into it -- the lack of nostalgia I think is preventing me from getting over the hurdle of the retro style, so I should try harder to appreciate it when I get the chance.

• Like 1

The early Monsters series was actually one of my earliest experiences with Dragon Quest, though I never really played them -- I had a bud in high school who played them and I would watch over his shoulder. I never played any of the monsters games until I emulated Joker and Joker 2 in college. I tried to play Monsters 1 a few years ago, but I couldn't get into it -- the lack of nostalgia I think is preventing me from getting over the hurdle of the retro style, so I should try harder to appreciate it when I get the chance.
Emulate Terry's Wonderland!
Game #1. D #3

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Emulate Terry's Wonderland!
Game #1. D #3

I should, but not until I work my way through Monsters 1. That way I can see all the new stuff they did in the remake, rather than finding out everything they didn't do in the original. I gotta set my expectations properly!

• Like 1