Episode #011 - King Zenith, DQ Swords, and DQM Super Light

8 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Nothing like a photo of Wesley Snipes in leather to completely derail a topic.

Looking forward to recording tonight. I've been playing a lot of DWM to spark some memories for our Super Light discussion and I've been randomly swinging a Wii Remote around in anticipation of talking about DQ Swords...my wife has asked me to stop doing that for the safety of our child.

We need a photoshop battle to see who can make the best photo of Westy-Snipes. I'd like to see that lovable slime all leathered up and ready for battle ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be careful what you wish for:   They're not all long-necked, mind you. Some look normal. Hot even:   That's it, getting a little better. Now to make it move:  

Why does everyone go gaga for Fleurette from Swords? Is she a well written character or is it just because of her design? I legit don’t know why the character is so liked as she doesn’t come across as

“Oui, Blade! Oui! My hero!” said with a French accent. That’s your answer. Haven’t played it in maybe 6-7 years but I’ve got that burned into my brain forever.

Posted Images

Wesley Slurps

Sorry for the F-bomb around 25:00, KZ. Please mute your son's ears for that part.

Edited by Liamland

40:30 - Oof, my Alan Rickman sounds more like Rainier Wolfcastle.

"Upon closer inspection...these are loafers."

Edited by Liamland
50 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Sorry for the F-bomb around 25:00, KZ. Please mute your son's ears for that part.

Ha ha, no worries. Better that it was you than me.

EDIT: Then again, he's going to hear his dad talking about Fleurette... and underwear... and ... I think any chance of his preserving his innocent sense of youth is long gone.

Edited by King Zenith

I'm waiting here for those pictures of longneck Fleurette. She'll be in good company with short-legged Jessica.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Er, I think this may have compressed wrongly. It sounds like you're running all of her dialog at once.

I'm waiting here for those pictures of longneck Fleurette. She'll be in good company with short-legged Jessica.
Er, I think this may have compressed wrongly. It sounds like you're running all of her dialog at once.
Oh no, it was meant to sound that way. Haha, like an orgy of Fleurettes!
4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Oh no, it was meant to sound that way. Haha, like an orgy of Fleurettes!

The change was intentional? Because in the podcast some of them are delayed and it's organized like a (certain kind of) conversation, but in this one it sounds like you've got all her dialog set to go off at once, so it's a bit like being shouted out by two dozen french girls except for the one moaning awkwardly in the corner.

1 hour ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Be careful what you wish for:

spacer.png

They're not all long-necked, mind you. Some look normal. Hot even:

RegularFleurette.png

That's it, getting a little better. Now to make it move:

spacer.png

And, at the risk of taking this way too far... here's the boot tread picture, so you can see just how much grip she's getting with those things:

spacer.png

EDIT: Granny Panties Confirmed. She's still a nun, deep down.

Edited by King Zenith
  • Like 2

Ha, nice I will definitely go back and add that to the video

3 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Ha, nice I will definitely go back and add that to the video

Awesome ;)

Oh, and sorry about the whole Velcro Gloves thing :)  I mean, I think you mentioned that yourself once upon a time, so I was really just quoting you.

Here's Dirty Deeds, Done With Sheep, for anyone who hasn't seen it:

The change was intentional? Because in the podcast some of them are delayed and it's organized like a (certain kind of) conversation, but in this one it sounds like you've got all her dialog set to go off at once, so it's a bit like being shouted out by two dozen french girls except for the one moaning awkwardly in the corner.
Yes. Intentional.
I was trying to string them together and that jumble happened first. I found it funny so I posted it here.

For the podcast, yes, they're strung together, but I hear the free website I used overlapped them a bit on each end. Weird.
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Yes. Intentional.
I was trying to string them together and that jumble happened first. I found it funny so I posted it here.

For the podcast, yes, they're strung together, but I hear the free website I used overlapped them a bit on each end. Weird.

Ah, I see. Sorry if I belabored the point, I just wanted to understand.

3 hours ago, King Zenith said:

spacer.png

Magnificent.

Edited by Brother Jaybird
4 hours ago, King Zenith said:

Oh, and sorry about the whole Velcro Gloves thing :)  I mean, I think you mentioned that yourself once upon a time, so I was really just quoting you.

Oh yeah, no worries at all, that was always a running joke where I grew up :)

22 hours ago, Woodus said:

And the MP4 is up as well at the address above and on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XRpP2TXhQ

And @King Zenith has a way better memory than I do on things as well, I had forgotten a bunch of the DQM Joker 2 contest stuff.

• Like 1

Good episode. I enjoyed the insight on how Zenith makes his maps.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, King Zenith said:

spacer.png

I'm getting Alice in Wonderland vibes off this. Now I'm imagining Fluerette in Wonderland, chasing a white horned-rabbit down a hole, who's late to an important appointment.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:09 AM, Woodus said:

And the MP4 is up as well at the address above and on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XRpP2TXhQ

And @King Zenith has a way better memory than I do on things as well, I had forgotten a bunch of the DQM Joker 2 contest stuff.

Wow, the video is great. I didn't realize you were doing that for all of the podcasts! Now I have to go back and watch them all with your bonus features ;)

It's kind of amazing how bad my memory is. If I didn't have photos, notes or other records, all this stuff would be gone. One thing I do remember is NOT getting a copy of the game, like you and Dwaine did, since I am Canadian. I think either you or I politely asked them if they would reconsider, and then they did.

20 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Good episode. I enjoyed the insight on how Zenith makes his maps.

Thanks! I had a lot more that I considered saying about it, but was afraid of taking too much time and detracting from the actual point of the podcast. Thanks again for the feedback!

Great job on the YT version, Woodus. It's great to see the timed visuals for what we were talking about at the time.

3 hours ago, King Zenith said:

Wow, the video is great. I didn't realize you were doing that for all of the podcasts! Now I have to go back and watch them all with your bonus features

They aren't all as good as this one, sometime depends on how much time I have, I don't want to get it out too much later than the audio version. If you have any suggestions let me know :)

48 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Great job on the YT version, Woodus. It's great to see the timed visuals for what we were talking about at the time.

Thank you, I probably could have moved some of the screenshots around to match a few more things up, but I think it worked out well

Hah. There is a funny moment where it's Fleurette giving sultry monologues while photos of Anlace are showing.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2020 at 1:38 PM, Liamland said:

Yes @Woodus, always appreciated!

• Like 1