Plattym3

Episode #011 - King Zenith, DQ Swords, and DQM Super Light

We're BACK!  Well, we almost are.  Getting the next episode planned out and we're going to talk to a Denizen about 2 of the more obscure titles out there: DQ Swords, and DQM Super Light.

Any topics of discussion out there we should touch upon?

Edited by Plattym3

Why does everyone go gaga for Fleurette from Swords? Is she a well written character or is it just because of her design? I legit don’t know why the character is so liked as she doesn’t come across as being all that special. She comes across as the Jade of that game.

I’m sure someone will be mad about that but I’m being 100% serious.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Why does everyone go gaga for Fleurette from Swords? Is she a well written character or is it just because of her design? I legit don’t know why the character is so liked as she doesn’t come across as being all that special. She comes across as the Jade of that game.

I’m sure someone will be mad about that but I’m being 100% serious.
I second this query.

“Oui, Blade! Oui! My hero!” said with a French accent.

That’s your answer. Haven’t played it in maybe 6-7 years but I’ve got that burned into my brain forever.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

"Do it like you mean it."

Never even played it, personally. Just watched Saigan's stream.

With Swords being a really different idea for the series, what other kind of outside of the box ideas would you like to see Dragon Quest experiment with?

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

It's been awhile since I've played Swords, but the two things I remember about it are the play control and Fluerette's "Oui, blade, oui!"

I'll need to dust this one off before next week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

With Swords being a really different idea for the series, what other kind of outside of the box ideas would you like to see Dragon Quest experiment with?

Rhythm game. And no, none of that Theatrhythm #$*!. I want Dragon Quest characters cutting it up on the dance floor.

11 minutes ago, eal said:

Rhythm game. And no, none of that Theatrhythm #$*!. I want Dragon Quest characters cutting it up on the dance floor.

Hey, don’t you #$*!ing disrespect Theatrhythm Dragon Quest until you’ve played it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hey, don’t you #$*!ing disrespect Theatrhythm Dragon Quest until you’ve played it.

I played Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and it sucked.

@Bururian won’t be happy to see someone posted that.

Minstrel Hero

But with a lute controller. You play DQ tunes.

You know those lame Flash games food companies would have on their websites for kids to play, and they’d usually involve you serving customers their gross food? Let’s make the DQ meme a reality and have a game in that style with Dragon Quest party members as the customers at a Dairy Queen

55 minutes ago, eal said:

I want Dragon Quest characters cutting it up on the dance floor.

Like DQIX's Luminary class ability Disco Stew?

dqix-disco-stew.JPG

Wasn't Fleurette a nun of some decription?

I thought she was a French maid, but it's been awhile since I played Swords. I may be subconsciously believing that because Japan has a bit of an obsession with maids.

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Liamland said:

I thought she was a French maid, but it's been awhile since I played Swords. I may be subconsciously believing that because Japan has a bit of an obsession with maids.

spacer.png

Was this a photo from a Maid Cafe you went to? 😏

If I remember correctly, she wanted to become a nun, but I dunno if that’s what she decides to do at the end of the game or if that’s what she wanted to do from the start when you first meet her.

17 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Wasn't Fleurette a nun of some description?

Yes, kinda.  From the Wiki:

When she was younger, Fleurette intended to become a nun at the Church of the Goddess, but left when her brother Aruval disappeared. After Xiphos's defeat, Fleurette resolves to return to the Church. 

Ah, that's right. The aspirant nun in love with the protagonist.

• Like 1

Ah, that's right. The aspirant nun in love with the protagonist.
Yep. And since it's all voiced, she's got a pet name for you no matter what you choose as your name: Blade.

Isn't there a choice of pet names to choose from, and Blade is just the best one?

I believe it’s just Blade. Too bad it’s not like Stick of Truth where you’re called New Kid and also Douchebag.

I believe it’s just Blade. Too bad it’s not like Stick of Truth where you’re called New Kid and also Douchebag.
Sadly neither of those are considered types of swords so didn't (pun intended) make the cut.

"Oui, Blade, oui!"

Late in the game we find out this is the Blade that Fluerrette is actually fantasizing about.

spacer.png

Nothing like a photo of Wesley Snipes in leather to completely derail a topic.

Looking forward to recording tonight. I've been playing a lot of DWM to spark some memories for our Super Light discussion and I've been randomly swinging a Wii Remote around in anticipation of talking about DQ Swords...my wife has asked me to stop doing that for the safety of our child.

7 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Nothing like a photo of Wesley Snipes in leather to completely derail a topic.

Looking forward to recording tonight. I've been playing a lot of DWM to spark some memories for our Super Light discussion and I've been randomly swinging a Wii Remote around in anticipation of talking about DQ Swords...my wife has asked me to stop doing that for the safety of our child.

Teach the kiddo how to block. Problem solved.