DragonQuestfan1998

Any place to find fully translated cutscenes?

Been playing the Switch trial version of DQX lately using google translate and it works fairly well for game menus. But when it comes to NPC and cutscene dialogue, I can barely make out actual sentences sometimes. Sometimes there are cutscenes with nothing but bad grammar which I'm not surprised by. I guess Google Translate isn't too useful for translating Japanese text that involves conversation. Is there any website that has cutscenes that are actually translated well to English? 

Edited by DragonQuestfan1998

You could watch Nawaria's playthru of Dragon Quest X, she translates as she plays

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHG_jEUENqsr5nst1Uw6pSA

• Like 2

Second vote for Nawaria. I'll often sync my gameplay to hers so that the cutscene translation feels like a more authentic experience.

• Like 1

Yeah I found her channel earlier today and was super happy! But I was hoping for translated English text to read instead. I'll be using her videos for now but if anyone finds anything like what I was asking for, please let me know :)

Yeah I found her channel earlier today and was super happy! But I was hoping for translated English text to read instead. I'll be using her videos for now but if anyone finds anything like what I was asking for, please let me know
There really isn't much like that. On GameFAQs the offline tutorial and the starting village for each race has a text translation, but that's all that exists.

Trust me, if it existed, it would likely be here on the Den.
  • Like 1