Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Smash Bros. Ultimate Matchmaking Topic

Since so many of us added one another as Switch friends, I figured we should have a topic like this to get any matches/arenas set up for those who want to fight.

So to keep it simple, put what time(s) works best for you to play, what sort of fights you want to do (Stock, Stamina, Stock + Timer, etc), and, if you need to add someone/would like to be added, your Switch friend code.

I’m up for playing some matches of Smash whenever. I’m usually free after 7:30 PM Central Standard Time, and I prefer to do Stock matches. I’m not picky on stage choice.

My user/profile name is Yangus and my friend code is: 5432-9984-2307

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I am pretty active at about 9 PM Eastern on weekdays. I have more time on the weekends, but I typically use that time for my social life stuff.  I typically favor standard rules. 3 Stocks + 7 minute timer no stage hazards. But I won't ever turn down anything. Fun matches are still fun.

Even though I have mentioned that I go to tournaments and such, don't worry. I am pretty bad at the game when it comes to the competitive community.

Oh, that reminds me. If I do play with items, I usually do the Smash Ball itself or go all in and have everything on. Kind of depends on the situation/who I’m playing with, but like you Twinkie, I’m game for whatever.

Oh, that reminds me. If I do play with items, I usually do the Smash Ball itself or go all in and have everything on. Kind of depends on the situation/who I’m playing with, but like you Twinkie, I’m game for whatever.
My son just figured out how to edit items. He turned off everything except those rainbow domes that give you a extra helper player, the Pokeballs, and Smash Balls. It took a few days for me to realize what was going on.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
8 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

My son just figured out how to edit items. He turned off everything except those rainbow domes that give you a extra helper player, the Pokeballs, and Smash Balls. It took a few days for me to realize what was going on.

spacer.png

He’s a clever one.

I have all day tomorrow off due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so if anyone is free at any point tomorrow I’m up for some matches.

I did some looking in the settings and we can make Arenas specifically for Friends only. So easy solution, someone needs to create a Friends Arena so only us Denizens can join it.

I have some chores to do tomorrow, but I should be free for some matches for a while.

31 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I have some chores to do tomorrow, but I should be free for some matches for a while.

What time works for you?

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What time works for you?

About 5 PM EST should be fine.

40 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

About 5 PM EST should be fine.

Cool. I’ll get an Friends only set up around then and you can join whenever you can. 🙂

• Like 1

Good games @Twinkie. You have a very good and scary K. Rool. I made some dumb mistakes with Captain Falcon and Ness, but I had a fun time fighting.

I definitely want to see how crazy it would get if four of us Denizens fought at once, whether we did team battles or free for all.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Good games @Twinkie. You have a very good and scary K. Rool. I made some dumb mistakes with Captain Falcon and Ness, but I had a fun time fighting.

I definitely want to see how crazy it would get if four of us Denizens fought at once, whether we did team battles or free for all.

Likewise! It was a lot of fun. Had a good laugh on the risky side B with game and watch jumping over your Falcon Punch. During the one Banjo ditto match I think we exchanged that Smash ball like 3 times before you won the match with it.

Thanks for the fun matches.

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Likewise! It was a lot of fun. Had a good laugh on the risky side B with game and watch jumping over your Falcon Punch. During the one Banjo ditto match I think we exchanged that Smash ball like 3 times before you won the match with it.

Thanks for the fun matches.

When you kept using Judgment as Game and Watch, I started regretting having no projectiles! It was hilarious you just kept using it though.

The Banjo mirror matches were fun. I also laughed at the constant exchange of taunts we had as Captain Falcon vs. Terry. That’s the true battle since both have great taunts.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

When you kept using Judgment as Game and Watch, I started regretting having no projectiles! It was hilarious you just kept using it though.

The Banjo mirror matches were fun. I also laughed at the constant exchange of taunts we had as Captain Falcon vs. Terry. That’s the true battle since both have great taunts.

As you can tell, I like Game and Watch just because of that move.

I can't help but to use Terry's taunts. They are just too good.

If anyone is free today for some matches this evening let me know.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

If anyone is free today for some matches this evening let me know.

I can be on at the same time today if you are up for it.

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

I can be on at the same time today if you are up for it.

I may be late getting on but that time should work. To be safe let’s shoot for 5:30/4:30 central.

15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I may be late getting on but that time should work. To be safe let’s shoot for 5:30/4:30 central.

Sure, that works for me.

32 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Sure, that works for me.

Heads up, if I do go AFK for a little bit I will be right back. I have some stuff cooking in the oven so I’ll have to check it around 4:50. So if you see me selecting a character or stage for awhile, I’ll only be a few minutes but will be back as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Heads up, if I do go AFK for a little bit I will be right back. I have some stuff cooking in the oven so I’ll have to check it around 4:50. So if you see me selecting a character or stage for awhile, I’ll only be a few minutes but will be back as soon as possible.

I don't mind the wait. I have my laptop as part of my set up, so I always have something to do.

Thanks for the fun matches today!

19 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I don't mind the wait. I have my laptop as part of my set up, so I always have something to do.

Thanks for the fun matches today!

Yeah, we had some fun matches. I was surprised I was doing decent as Joker. I don’t play as him or Piranha Plant much.

31 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, we had some fun matches. I was surprised I was doing decent as Joker. I don’t play as him or Piranha Plant much.

Your Joker play was pretty good. I was having a hard time to even do anything against you.

The Young Link play you were doing was pretty tough to deal with as well. I struggle big time with zoners apparently with KKR.

11 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Your Joker play was pretty good. I was having a hard time to even do anything against you.

The Young Link play you were doing was pretty tough to deal with as well. I struggle big time with zoners apparently with KKR.

Eh, to be fair the first YL match went the way it did due to the Gamer stage. I forgot how much damage the mom can do. I sucked ass afterwards since I kept having self destructs. That’s one reason I nope’d over to Meta Knight since I can actually play as him. Haha

Your Roy gameplay is scary.

21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Eh, to be fair the first YL match went the way it did due to the Gamer stage. I forgot how much damage the mom can do. I sucked ass afterwards since I kept having self destructs. That’s one reason I nope’d over to Meta Knight since I can actually play as him. Haha

Your Roy gameplay is scary.

I struggled so much to try to get cover on Gamer. Everything I tried to do got me caught.

Thanks! Roy is one of my favorites. I don't know why I picked him up. I never really played him in 4. Marth used to be my main in 4, and actually got me into the top 3 and was very consistent with him at tournys at the time. As much as I do like Hero, I wanna go back and pick up Marth again and start practicing again. Since he is really the only character I got any results with.

Edited by Twinkie