Sign in to follow this  
Stuner50

Should import 30th anniversary or wait for a localization?

Posted (edited)

The game is 54$ right now for importing, wich i think it's pretty cheap for a japanese only game....but i have a fear that they might anounce a western version this year and i don't know about waiting to 2021 because the servers could shut down and the fun of those games is the online multiplayer.

What should i do?

Edited by Stuner50

While I can't say for sure (I don't have the game), I'd imagine there are no specific servers for this game. It's probably peer to peer through PSN.

I'd sure hope they release this game in English, but if I had the money I'd have imported it a while ago. I love Fortune Street (the series, though the one localised simply as "Fortune Street" [Itadaki Street Wii] is easily the second worst entry following Itadaki Street DS) nearly as much as Dragon Quest. The language barrier is a bit of an issue, but I'd say it's easier to play Fortune Street in Japanese than Dragon Quest.

Yuji Horii is a living legend.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

While I can't say for sure (I don't have the game), I'd imagine there are no specific servers for this game. It's probably peer to peer through PSN.

I'd sure hope they release this game in English, but if I had the money I'd have imported it a while ago. I love Fortune Street (the series, though the one localised simply as "Fortune Street" [Itadaki Street Wii] is easily the second worst entry following Itadaki Street DS) nearly as much as Dragon Quest. The language barrier is a bit of an issue, but I'd say it's easier to play Fortune Street in Japanese than Dragon Quest.

Yuji Horii is a living legend.

Not sure if there's still a high chance of the game getting released overseas since it came out in Ocober 2017 (2 years and 3 months ago), but with Dragon Quest's sudden spike in popularity it could happen i guess, but since it's so unlikely i think it's better if i just import it but i'm still not sure if i'll do it, but i think i'll doo because i loved the ps2 and psp itadaki street games.

Even if we don't get this one, i think there's a high chance they make a new one for the switch 2-3 years from now, wich could likely include Mario characters again meaning a higher chance for localization, so at very least Fortune Street Wii won't be the only one we get...wich i agree with you it's the weakest one in the series (you're stuck with miis online and there's only 2 new original boards (the observatory and starship mario) and 4 new characters (Stella, Patty, Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.), itadaki street ds isn't much better but at least it got more new stuff.

Edited by Stuner50