Should import 30th anniversary or wait for a localization?

The game is 54$ right now for importing, wich i think it's pretty cheap for a japanese only game....but i have a fear that they might anounce a western version this year and i don't know about waiting to 2021 because the servers could shut down and the fun of those games is the online multiplayer.

What should i do?

Edited by Stuner50

While I can't say for sure (I don't have the game), I'd imagine there are no specific servers for this game. It's probably peer to peer through PSN.

I'd sure hope they release this game in English, but if I had the money I'd have imported it a while ago. I love Fortune Street (the series, though the one localised simply as "Fortune Street" [Itadaki Street Wii] is easily the second worst entry following Itadaki Street DS) nearly as much as Dragon Quest. The language barrier is a bit of an issue, but I'd say it's easier to play Fortune Street in Japanese than Dragon Quest.

Yuji Horii is a living legend.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

While I can't say for sure (I don't have the game), I'd imagine there are no specific servers for this game. It's probably peer to peer through PSN.

I'd sure hope they release this game in English, but if I had the money I'd have imported it a while ago. I love Fortune Street (the series, though the one localised simply as "Fortune Street" [Itadaki Street Wii] is easily the second worst entry following Itadaki Street DS) nearly as much as Dragon Quest. The language barrier is a bit of an issue, but I'd say it's easier to play Fortune Street in Japanese than Dragon Quest.

Yuji Horii is a living legend.

Not sure if there's still a high chance of the game getting released overseas since it came out in Ocober 2017 (2 years and 3 months ago), but with Dragon Quest's sudden spike in popularity it could happen i guess, but since it's so unlikely i think it's better if i just import it but i'm still not sure if i'll do it, but i think i'll doo because i loved the ps2 and psp itadaki street games.

Even if we don't get this one, i think there's a high chance they make a new one for the switch 2-3 years from now, wich could likely include Mario characters again meaning a higher chance for localization, so at very least Fortune Street Wii won't be the only one we get...wich i agree with you it's the weakest one in the series (you're stuck with miis online and there's only 2 new original boards (the observatory and starship mario) and 4 new characters (Stella, Patty, Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.), itadaki street ds isn't much better but at least it got more new stuff.

Edited by Stuner50
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember reading an articlea couple years ago about an inside source was saying SE was scrambling to port some of their PS4/Vita games to Switch because they didn't expect the Switch to do so well. Still nothing about a 30th Anniversary port. I figured MAYBE after DQXI came out so they could use English voice actors including Sylvando but nothing. The fact that DQX stuff is in there might really be hindering a release here.

I feel the best thing to hope for is an HD Remix of the Wii game in the same way that 30th Anniversary was kinda sorta an HD Remix of the PSP/PS2 games.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about what new boards they could include, i haven't played DQ 1-3 so i can't really tell any of those.

Dragon Quest IV - Colossus (With a board that actually fits)

Dragon Quest V - Uptaten Towers (Might be time to give the volcano a rest)

Dragon Quest VI - Sorceria (Unlimited potential for gimmicks here)

Dragon Quest VII - Shrine of Mysteries (It's the most iconic location of the game)

Dragon Quest VIII - Moonshadow Land (One of the most unique location of the series)

Dragon Quest IX - Swinedimples Academy (Just to have a snowy map)

Dragon Quest X - Dwarf City (i think it could have some neat gimmicks)

Dragon Quest XI - Heliodor (Let's give trodain castle a rest)

But honestly, Fortune Street only had 2 new boards (The Observatory and Starship Mario) and 30th only had 2 new boards (Lucis and Dragonlord Castle), so unless they crossover with a new propiety that isn't FF/Mario, i wouldnt get my hopes up for more than 2 new boards for fortune street: switch.

If somehow it happens, i'm betting Zelda, Fire Emblem or Kirby...maybe even a PC fortune street with Overwatch, WoW or League of Legends to atract the western public but that's obviously a pipe dream, it's probably going to be like 30th, mostly remixed/recycled content with some new here and there.

Edited by Stuner50
On 1/29/2020 at 8:34 AM, Stuner50 said:

I was thinking about what new boards they could include, i haven't played DQ 1-3 so i can't really tell any of those.

Dragon Quest IV - Colossus (With a board that actually fits)

Dragon Quest V - Uptaten Towers (Might be time to give the volcano a rest)

Dragon Quest VI - Sorceria (Unlimited potential for gimmicks here)

Dragon Quest VII - Shrine of Mysteries (It's the most iconic location of the game)

Dragon Quest VIII - Moonshadow Land (One of the most unique location of the series)

Dragon Quest IX - Swinedimples Academy (Just to have a snowy map)

Dragon Quest X - Dwarf City (i think it could have some neat gimmicks)

Dragon Quest XI - Heliodor (Let's give trodain castle a rest)

But honestly, Fortune Street only had 2 new boards (The Observatory and Starship Mario) and 30th only had 2 new boards (Lucis and Dragonlord Castle), so unless they crossover with a new propiety that isn't FF/Mario, i wouldnt get my hopes up for more than 2 new boards for fortune street: switch.

If somehow it happens, i'm betting Zelda, Fire Emblem or Kirby...maybe even a PC fortune street with Overwatch, WoW or League of Legends to atract the western public but that's obviously a pipe dream, it's probably going to be like 30th, mostly remixed/recycled content with some new here and there.

Yeah, I think they'd play it safe with something cheap and easy like that.

I wouldn't mind if they just get a bunch of the best stages together. I haven't played 30th Anniversary yet but I'd love to play on that Charlock Castle stage and that XI stage (haven't gotten that far yet). DQ Stages I'd like to see return

Tantegel (Portable)

World Tree (Portable)

Alexandria (Portable) 

Rendarak (Special) There's your snowy stage

Zenithia (Special)

Alefgard (been around since... 2  on the SFC I think?)

Observatory (Wii)

Btw, I was browsing the net for Fortune Street stuff, because I do that to see if there's anything like fan translation news or anything. In this case I found a 4chan post where someone "leaked" the announcement of a new Fortune Street game for Switch to be revealed on February 6th. Fishy as Hell but man...

Part is gone but I saved the text for future use

"> Fortune Street: GOLD

I saw the direct a few weeks early and there was this strange DQ & Mario crossover that was very similar to the command board of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

It really caught my atention so i'll post what it was revelaed, however im not only limited to this game i can answer more stuff of other games of the direct.

The game is called "Fortune Street: Gold" (the name is really lame, but whatever)

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, Toadette and Mallow from the Mario side and Jessica, Alena, Sylvando, Erik, Veronica, Loska and Daena from the Dragon Quest side were shown, named and confirmed.

The Boards Mario Starship, Delfino Square, Luncheon Kingdom, Whomp's Domino Ruins, Castle Trodain, Neos, Octagonia and Arazar were also shown, named and confirmed.

No much else was shown, besides a October 2020 release date.

>Other
A new IP called "Boost Kingdom", seems to be some sort of visual novel.
Port of Ni No Kuni 2.
New animal crossing trailer, i'm not really into animal crossing but seems similar of what was shown on previous directs, could be wrong i dont play those games.

> Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Nothing at all, i'm sorry if you were expecting something, this game was probably the most interesting part of the direct.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if they just get a bunch of the best stages together. I haven't played 30th Anniversary yet but I'd love to play on that Charlock Castle stage and that XI stage (haven't gotten that far yet). DQ Stages I'd like to see return

Tantegel (Portable)
World Tree (Portable)
Alexandria (Portable) 
Zenithia (Special)
Observatory (Wii)

Btw, I was browsing the net for Fortune Street stuff, because I do that to see if there's anything like fan translation news or anything. In this case I found a 4chan post where someone "leaked" the announcement of a new Fortune Street game for Switch to be revealed on February 6th. Fishy as Hell but man...

I saw the direct a few weeks early and there was this strange DQ & Mario crossover that was very similar to the command board of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

It really caught my atention so i'll post what it was revelaed, however im not only limited to this game i can answer more stuff of other games of the direct.

The game is called "Fortune Street: Gold" (the name is really lame, but whatever)

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, Toadette and Mallow from the Mario side and Jessica, Alena, Sylvando, Erik, Veronica, Loska and Daena from the Dragon Quest side were shown, named and confirmed.

The Boards Mario Starship, Delfino Square, Luncheon Kingdom, Whomp's Domino Ruins, Castle Trodain, Neos, Octagonia and Arazar were also shown, named and confirmed.

>Other
Port of Ni No Kuni 2.
New animal crossing trailer, i'm not really into animal crossing but seems similar of what was shown on previous directs, could be wrong i dont play those games.

Nothing at all, i'm sorry if you were expecting something, this game was probably the most interesting part of the direct.

So that Ni no Kuni port, I'm assuming it's rumored to come to Switch.
On 1/31/2020 at 1:01 PM, Choppasmith said:

Tantegel (Portable)

World Tree (Portable)

Alexandria (Portable) 

Zenithia (Special)

Observatory (Wii)

>Other
Port of Ni No Kuni 2.

I really wish that leak was real we got a completely new fortune street in the switch, but seeing how lazy 30th and Wii are compared to the older entries i wouldn't get my hopes up, i personally would be fine if the series took a break and we got a new game in 7-8 years with a lot of new boards and some gameplay improvements, rather than just shitting out games with 90% old boards i'm tired off playing after playing the series for like 15 years.

I'm going to be realistic in what boards we'll get in a itadaki street switch, the series usually has this pattern since Wii: 2 completely new boards and 2 new backgrounds with a returning board on them.

Dragon Quest:

Rainbow Mines (VII) (Completely New)

Heliodor (Using Rabanastre from Special or Yoshi Island from DS)

Mario Bros:

New Donk City (Completely New)

Luncheon Kingdom (Using Kingdom of Lucis from 30th anniversary or Mount Magmadeon from Special)

Don't expect more than that.

Edited by Stuner50