Woodus

Dragon Quest Your Story coming to Netflix?

22 minutes ago, eal said:

I’d bet hard cash on Stephanie Sheh as Nera at the very least.

No. It sounds more like Haru from Persona 5 and Marianne from Three Houses’ voice actress.

I imagine Aust was flailing his arms in excitement when he watched the official English trailer.

44 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

No. It sounds more like Haru from Persona 5 and Marianne from Three Houses’ voice actress.

Yup, just listened to it. That’s definitely her. I can’t be sure, but Luca sounds like either Yuri Lowenthal or Kyle McCarley (9S from Nier: Automata). Bianca vaguely sounds like Kira Buckland (2B also from Nier: Automata).

I imagine Aust was flailing his arms in excitement when he watched the official English trailer.
Excited we're getting it, of course. But I'm wary about that ending.

8 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
37 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Excited we're getting it, of course. But I'm wary about that ending.

See, I knew it. I’m sure everyone was confused why you were flailing about, but I’m sure you explained yourself, right? 🤪

See, I knew it. I’m sure everyone was confused why you were flailing about, but I’m sure you explained yourself, right?
I'm actually a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube-man. So nobody noticed the difference.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
8 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
See, I knew it. I’m sure everyone was confused why you were flailing about, but I’m sure you explained yourself, right? emoji2957.png

I'm actually a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube-man. So nobody noticed the difference.

I KNEW IT! You had that kind of vibe, but you never want to assume.

If you want to watch the English dubbed trailer but don't have Netflix

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Woodus said:

If you want to watch the English dubbed trailer but don't have Netflix

Woodus saves the day for many once again! Weird they didn’t put it on YouTube in the first place.

Woodus saves the day for many once again! Weird they didn’t put it on YouTube in the first place.
Netflix does what Netflix does. I've had it so long (and don't use YouTube) I've never even thought, do they even drop stuff to YouTube.

I'm still hoping for a Blu-Ray.

Netflix is such a crapshoot. I don’t think you can buy any Netflix original movies but they  have pretty much every original show in stores. Anime is different though. Netflix buys the streaming rights, not the home video rights. That’s why Funimation can sell blu rays of Seven Deadly Sins but don’t stream it. The Blame! anime movie, exclusively streaming on Netflix, is sold by Viz and they sell Castlevania. But like I said, Netflix Original shows are sold in stores. So who even knows if Your Story will ever see a home video release as well. It’s all a weird tangle of licenses.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

do they even drop stuff to YouTube

No (so hopefully I don't get burned :)), the program I use to pull stuff from YouTube surprisingly worked to pull the trailer off of Netflix.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eal said:

Yup, just listened to it. That’s definitely her. I can’t be sure, but Luca sounds like either Yuri Lowenthal or Kyle McCarley (9S from Nier: Automata). Bianca vaguely sounds like Kira Buckland (2B also from Nier: Automata).

I'd find it funny if it was Lowenthal because then he'd be the one English VA who has voiced a main hero in every big JRPG franchise (Cecil in FF, Marth in FE, Luke fon Fabre in Tales, and he's one of the possible voices for the main avatar in Xenoblade X)

11 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It's still possible they might closer to release but then it wouldn't surprise me if they don't, they only like to post stuff they really want to push like their genuine, made-by-themselves originals and not the "we licensed this as an exclusive" original.

I was kind hoping for Owen Wilson starring and Danny Devito as the Slime.

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

I was kind hoping for Owen Wilson starring and Danny Devito as the Slime.

Someone needs to make a Devito cut of the trailer but with the Slime saying “Your mother is dead!”

Edited by eal

No. "Your mother is a dirty, dirty hoor!"

• Like 1

Just finished warching the movie. My short review:

Spoiler

I get what they tried to do with that ending. They're actually trying to appeal to the players nostalgia, knowing they couldn't just recreate the original game story with that adaptation. My bigest issue is that they chose the worst DQ game to try that. The fact that your father, wife and son, aren't real take away all the emotion. DQV is so emotionally heavy. If they were going to do this, they should have picked a more neutral game like DQIII. 

Now, having made that decision, they should have kept the "virus" with Nimzo appearance, it would have made the scene more interesting. It wouldn't just be a generic looking villain affronting the "player", but it would actually be the game's villain. The biggest let down is that you never get to see Nimzo. For people who never played the game is an even bigger confusion because you hear about him during the whole movie.

Other then that, I miss the fact they didn't include the daughter. I really wanted to see some interaction with the hero and Pankraz when he goes back in time. I was getting emotional out of my memories of the game alone.

Everything else was well done, considering the amount of time and changes they had to make. I didn't like the whole "potiong" thing at first, but when I saw it was Nera, it got very clever. I miss they didn't actually have a mariage scene, and I would also have been nice if they had the scene where the hero made the choice in front of Nera's father.
Also, they could have added Deborah just for a cameo. 

3 minutes ago, Billy MK said:

Just finished warching the movie. My short review:

Reveal hidden contents

Going to comment on your stuff over in the spoiler topic.

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Going to comment on your stuff over in the spoiler topic.

Since there's a spoiler topic now, I'll move it there.

Edit: you just did it. 

Edited by Billy MK
  • Like 1