Dakhil

What Dragon Quest announcements are you looking forward to and/or hoping will happen in 2020?

Posted (edited)

Goodbye 2010s and hello 2020s! Happy New Year to everyone here in Dragon's Den!

Since 2020 has just begun, there's bound to be tonnes of Dragon Quest announcements from Square Enix and Nintendo. So what Dragon Quest announcements are you looking forward to and/or hoping will happen in 2020?

Well, I'm looking forward to more information and hopefully some gameplay footage in regards to the Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai game project.

In regards to what Dragon Quest announcements I hope will happen, here's what I hope will happen.

• Western localisation (or if possible, a remaster as well) of the offline version of Dragon Quest X on consoles and/or PCs
  • Worldwide ports of Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest V, and Dragon Quest VI (the Nintendo DS/mobile versions) on consoles and/or PCs
  • Worldwide remasters of Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, and Dragon Quest IX on consoles and/or PCs
  • Worldwide remaster of Dragon Quest III on consoles and/or PCs
  • A glimpse into Dragon Quest XII for consoles and/or PCs

I'm well aware my hopes are probably very unrealistic and highly unlikely to happen in 2020, but I can dream, right?

And also, there's definitely a Nintendo Direct coming in a couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/YuYuKamii/status/1212395645891489792

GameStop system doing it's usual pre-direct new SKU listings 1f60f.svg. We starting 2020 strong 1f440.svg~

ENNLaTOXYAICOmo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Happy discussion, everyone!

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

Well, there's one thing I want and it's that Dragon Quest Monsters game they said they were working on for consoles. Even if I gotta play it in Japanese because Squeenix doesn't wanna bring it here, I'll still buy it. Please 2020, give me something good.

Starve a fever, sleep a concussion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dakhil said:
  • A glimpse into Dragon Quest XII for consoles and/or PCs

Well. I guess one of my hopes was fulfilled early since Yuji Horii said Dragon Quest XII started development in 2019. I'm not complaining.

I wouldn’t mind if any DQ announcements for the west wait a couple of months. I still need to wrap up DQ11S and the Builders 2.

• Like 3

I wouldn’t mind if any DQ announcements for the west wait a couple of months. I still need to wrap up DQ11S and the Builders 2.
Of course, but at least they should give us some news.

What announcements am I predicting? I dunno; I don’t have 2020 vision.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NecroBanana said:

Of course, but at least they should give us some news. emoji28.pngemoji28.png

Did you put a custom signature in your posts or something? I swear I’ve seen that starve a fever line like 5 times the last few topics I’ve scrolled through.

Just now, eal said:

What announcements am I predicting? I dunno; I don’t have 2020 vision.

You’ve been playing plenty of DQ to be making a joke like that. Yuji Horii would be proud.

• Like 1

You’ve been playing plenty of DQ to be making a joke like that. Yuji Horii would be proud.
Yes, yes I did. It's a quote from American Dad.

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Don’t be too proud. I’ve been stealing that joke since 2017.

14 minutes ago, eal said:

Don’t be too proud. I’ve been stealing that joke since 2017.

Eh, you’ve been playing DQ since before then. We’ll let it slide.

More Dragon Quest games. Nothing really specific in mind. I just don't want any Japan exclusive games anymore. But that will never stop happening.

• Like 2

I'm sick of remasters, so couldn't care less about any of them.

1. Give us Erik DQM game.

2. Give us offline DQX

3. ehhh, that's enough for 1 year. Throw us a screenshot of DQXII, but I'm good with just the top 2.

I'd much rather Z6n4 succeed in his quest for the needle in the haystack of DQM2 3DS and be able to finish that game. I'd play a whole lotta that!

2. Give us offline DQX
3. ehhh, that's enough for 1 year. Throw us a screenshot of DQXII, but I'm good with just the top 2.

I'd much rather Z6n4 succeed in his quest for the needle in the haystack of DQM2 3DS and be able to finish that game. I'd play a whole lotta that!

Give us ONline DQX!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

2. Give us offline DQX

You may be sick of remasters, but I don't know if Square Enix's sick of remasters.

7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

2. Give us offline DQX

Give us ONline DQX!

I wouldn't mind a localisation of online Dragon Quest X. But I imagine localising online Dragon Quest X (or any MMORPG for that matter) would be a big nightmare.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind a localisation of online Dragon Quest X. But I imagine localising online Dragon Quest X (or any MMORPG for that matter) would be a big nightmare.

Just look at what they had to do for FFXIV just to save it from the grave. And that's a well-known IP for Squeenix. I doubt they'll take the risk.

That is all I ask for. I might look like a big consoomer, but I need a new DQM game.

1 hour ago, NecroBanana said:

Just look at what they had to do for FFXIV just to save it from the grave. And that's a well-known IP for Squeenix. I doubt they'll take the risk.

Unless I’m missing your point, these are two separate situations. Dragon Wuest X needs to be localized, whereas Final Fantasy XIV, as far as I’m aware, was a total mess from a technical perspective that Square Enix decided to nuke and relaunch.

Yeah, FF14 bombed worldwide, not just here.

I love DQX and would absolutely play an offline version, but half the fun of that game is getting to play it with other people. It's like what DQ9 tried to do, but done right. I want it to come here completely intact.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Yeah, FF14 bombed worldwide, not just here.

I love DQX and would absolutely play an offline version, but half the fun of that game is getting to play it with other people. It's like what DQ9 tried to do, but done right. I want it to come here completely intact.

How did FF14 bomb? The game has about 600K subscribers at this time. That is pretty damn good for a MMO that isn't World of Warcraft.

How did FF14 bomb? The game has about 600K subscribers at this time. That is pretty damn good for a MMO that isn't World of Warcraft.
The FF14 we have today is A Realm Reborn. 1.0 FF14 bombed hard. Look it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NecroBanana said:

The FF14 we have today is A Realm Reborn. 1.0 FF14 bombed hard. Look it up.

I am very well aware that the original release was trash.

Most people refer FF14 as the current version. Not original release.

I am very well aware that the original release was trash.

Most people refer FF14 as the current version. Not original release.
That's why people that play it say ARR to avoid such confusion.

15 minutes ago, NecroBanana said:

That's why people that play it say ARR to avoid such confusion.

Okay.

id love the dq11s content to go multi plat would love to pay for it as dlc on the pc release loving it on my switch lite but still id also love a new monsters title and maybe dq walk lol 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, blindpcguy said:

id love the dq11s content to go multi plat would love to pay for it as dlc on the pc release loving it on my switch lite but still id also love a new monsters title and maybe dq walk lol 

This. I'd love to play the complete game in 4K with the original, more detailed shaders, textures, and geometry. DQXIS looks damn good on Switch, but DQXI looks even better on PC. Also would be nice to have the symphonic music in the PC version officially. I've got the orchestral overhaul mod installed on my main computer, but I don't want to have to install the mod everytime I upgrade or replace my machine down the line.

DQ Walk looks intriguing. Definitely think I'd have more fun with that than Pokemon Go, but I doubt I could find anyone else to walk with me. (That Harry Potter game from Niantic just looks dumb. It's like Pokemon Go but without anything actually interesting or fun at all.)

Ports of DQ IV (PS1), DQV (PS2, add Deborah), DQVI (DS, restore Monster Master), DQVII (PS1 with 3DS graphics), DQVIII (3DS) to Switch.

DQIX remake in the style of X/XI.

Gonna mention DQX again. COME ON SQUARE ENIX, YOU KNOW PEOPLE WANT IT. DQXI sold well here and it plays very, very similarly. Heck, the active battle system in X might just tickle the average westerner's fancy even more. Let us experience the quest of the Tentonians! I want to be a Poppet!

• Like 1