Dakhil

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I've been seeing you playing Okami HD. Looking forward to you joining in on the fun. 

I’m about at the halfway point...or more like the first third point? I’ve always seen the game as broken into 3 parts: Eastern Nippon up to the confrontation in the Moon Cave is Part 1, Ryoshima Coast up to defeating the evil on Oni Island is Part 2, and Kamui and the Ark of Yamato is Part 3. It’s been fun playing the game and experiencing it all over again. It’s been a number of years since I last played it on the Wii.

I’m definitely thinking about Animal Crossing New Horizons more and more though. I meant to try and pre-order it but I just never got around to it. By the sounds of it work may be closing completely for awhile so I may need something relaxing like Animal Crossing to help take my mind off things.

And don’t worry. If I do make my island Estard Island themed, I’ll make sure there is plenty of dialogue to read up on. 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Huh. Well there you go. I figured it was one of those special one of a kind items you received via the mail.

Is it one of those items Twinkie mentioned where you can’t dupe it? Might have to see if anyone on Gamefaqs could help. I’m legit thinking about buying a digital copy of the game, both because of this glitch I’d love to use before it’s too late and because you guys and the other people on my Switch friend list who have been playing like crazy already.

No. It can be dupped. It was actually one of the first items to be abused from the glitch.

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Just need pears now.

I have a lot of pears. If you want I can give you some.

10 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I have a lot of pears. If you want I can give you some.

Yeah we can link up later today if you want.

7 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Yeah we can link up later today if you want.

Let me know what time. My state is under lockdown and I am out of work currently. So I will be available whenever is more convenient for you.

6 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Let me know what time. My state is under lockdown and I am out of work currently. So I will be available whenever is more convenient for you.

I "get out" at 5pm EST. I'm working from home though so my commute consists of getting up from my desk and grabbing my Switch behind me. I can come to your island if that's okay.

The only reason why I pre-ordered Animal Crossing: New Horizons from Target.

pvomI5E.jpg

10 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I "get out" at 5pm EST. I'm working from home though so my commute consists of getting up from my desk and grabbing my Switch behind me. I can come to your island if that's okay.

Sure, I will open my town in about half an hour. I have you added right?

Just now, Twinkie said:

Sure, I will open my town in about half an hour. I have you added right?

Yep, we have eachother added. What is your town name and what should I bring? I have peaches, apples, coconuts, and bamboo shoots ready to go.

1 minute ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Yep, we have eachother added. What is your town name and what should I bring? I have peaches, apples, coconuts, and bamboo shoots ready to go.

I only need bamboo shoots. So if you have one to spare I can trade a stack of 10 pears for it.

2 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I only need bamboo shoots. So if you have one to spare I can trade a stack of 10 pears for it.

You got it. I'll bring one over.

What do you guys have for turnip prices? I bought them for 93 and today they're buying for 57 😐. I know there's two rates a day, one before noon, the other after, but that's down from 63 yesterday. I guess the stalk market is taking a plunge in Animal Crossing as well.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

What do you guys have for turnip prices? I bought them for 93 and today they're buying for 57 😐. I know there's two rates a day, one before noon, the other after, but that's down from 63 yesterday. I guess the stalk market is taking a plunge in Animal Crossing as well.

The turnip market is a real bastard in Animal Crossing. I’ve had terrible luck with it in past games so I just don’t even bother talking to Joan.

Mine is up to 137. Bought at 94. If it is like ACNL, I am betting that it will go up even higher for me tomorrow morning. Would like to sell with at least a 50 bell profit each.

I also had it with Tarantulas. I went to war with them tonight. I caught about 5 for every time I got bit. I had my revenge. This is what 76 of them looks like. I caught every single one. No duping. I swear.

7iiRVVb.jpg

Are you planning to start an army with all those tarantulas? Remind me not to visit your island if all of those little critters are running around.

At least you can sell them for a tidy profit of bells.

I thought about training them. But too much work. So off to Tom Nook they go. I got debts to pay off.

There is a way to manipulate the RNG in your favor to get these guys to spawn. I think it took me about 3 hours to catch them all. They were about 7,000 Bells each last I checked.

8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Mine is up to 137. Bought at 94. If it is like ACNL, I am betting that it will go up even higher for me tomorrow morning.

Think I could swing by today and sell mine off? Mine just went down to 54 today so it's obviously on a downward trend.

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Think I could swing by today and sell mine off? Mine just went down to 54 today so it's obviously on a downward trend.

It is up at 185 and will stay that way for the rest of the day. It only went up to 188 this morning.

Let me know what time and I will open the gates up.

42 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

It is up at 185 and will stay that way for the rest of the day. It only went up to 188 this morning.

Let me know what time and I will open the gates up.

If we could do 5pm EST like last time that would be great.

6 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

If we could do 5pm EST like last time that would be great.

Sure. I will open them up around that time.

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Sure. I will open them up around that time.

Thanks a bunch. See ya then!

8 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Thanks a bunch. See ya then!

Careful, he may sick his tarantula army on you. 🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Careful, he may sick his tarantula army on you. 🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷

I didn't see any of them but maybe I wasn't supposed to...

44 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I didn't see any of them but maybe I wasn't supposed to...

They were lying in wait, I’m sure. One nite from them could have been deadly...

Tom Nook gave me a good price. He has the money and technology to get better use out of them.

Peach chairs were my hot item today and luckily all my trees just replenished. I got 5,200 bells per chair or I could gotten 5,500 total from the 55 peaches I had after I used 10 to check the price for chairs.