Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

But according to Gamestop they are essential retail! How could we survive without them?!?!

https://www.siliconera.com/gamestop-pandemic-calls-itself-essential-retail-during-pandemic-lockdowns/

 

...And I see Twinkie is already playing the game. Got done playing Okami and saw I had a friend online.

I expect your overall playtime to be over 300 hours by the end of the year, mister. 😘

Yup. Got the time, and need something to keep my mind off of this whole quarantine thing going on. Was spamming to start the game at midnight.

As for the fruit trading, I got pears. I wish it wasn't my default fruit. But oh well. I don't like restarting and going with what I have! The game encourages you to sell your fruit and eat them. So I will try to keep several stacks of 3 of them at a time if anyone wants to trade.

Edited by Twinkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

...And I see Twinkie is already playing the game. Got done playing Okami and saw I had a friend online.

I expect your overall playtime to be over 300 hours by the end of the year, mister. 😘

I saw that too lol. I played for about 40 minutes last night. The game is gorgeous and I was playing in handheld,  I can't wait to play in docked mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Yup. Got the time, and need something to keep my mind off of this whole quarantine thing going on. Was spamming to start the game at midnight.

As for the fruit trading, I got pears. I wish it wasn't my default fruit. But oh well. I don't like restarting and going with what I have! The game encourages you to sell your fruit and eat them. So I will try to keep several stacks of 3 of them at a time if anyone wants to trade.

I got cherries from the letter from Mom this morning. Pretty cool that they give you two fruits to start it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Sorry for the long post, but I'm ranting right now, because I want to inform everyone about Target, so that nobody makes the same mistake that I've made.)

I've pre-ordered two copies of Animal Crossing: New Horizons from Target on 29 January 2020, because of the pre-order bonus (which is the Animal Crossing Journal) that I plan to give to myself and to my sister (as a surprise present). I've also paid $10 for Express Shipping since I want to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons on release day.

Move forward to a couple of days later, I've read Reddit posts saying that the delivery date for some people's Animal Crossing: New Horizons Target pre-orders have been delayed to 26 March 2020. And yet, according to Target, my pre-order was still scheduled to be delivered on release date. And moving forward to today, I went back home and I don't receive any package from Target. So I went to a nearby Target store to get an inquiry about my pre-order delivery date. And the only thing the staff at that Target said is that they're still preparing to ship my pre-order. And when I asked them if I could get a shipping refund, they said I can't get a shipping refund. Obviously feeling very angry, I called Target's customer service line and had to wait 20 minutes to get in hold with a person at customer service. And when I explained my situation, the customer service guy told me that the delivery date for pre-orders for Animal Crossing: New Horizon was delayed to 26 March 2020. But he immediately offered to give me a shipping refund, which I accepted.  But since I don't want to lose my pre-order bonus, I didn't cancel my Target pre-order. And so far, I've bought a physical copy from Best Buy and now have to wait until my order's ready to be picked up. And it seems unlikely to me that Target will accept returns on the games I've pre-ordered since I think Target expects me to return the pre-order bonuses, and I want to keep the pre-order bonuses. So that means I most likely have to resort to selling the games on eBay or Mercari at a substantial loss.

If Target actually sent me an email a couple days in advance saying that the delivery date for my pre-order might be delayed to 26 March 2020 due to the coronavirus situation, I wouldn't have been angry. But Target never did that. And because of Target's lack of transparency, I have to wait until 26 March 2020 until I get my pre-order bonuses, and I wasted more money than I should have. I've read Target in the past has f***ed over people who pre-order video games from them and paid $10 Express shipping (one example I've read about is that people pre-ordered the steelbooks for Pokémon Sword and Shield and paid $10 for Express shipping and having the delivery date delayed by a week).

I'll never pre-order from Target ever again.

(No, I don't expect sympathy from anyone. I know people will tell "you shouldn't pre-order games anyway". But so far, when I've pre-order games from Amazon, 100% of the time, Amazon delivers the games on release date.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

(Sorry for the long post, but I'm ranting right now, because I want to inform everyone about Target, so that nobody makes the same mistake that I've made.)

I've pre-ordered two copies of Animal Crossing: New Horizons from Target on 29 January 2020, because of the pre-order bonus (which is the Animal Crossing Journal) that I plan to give to myself and to my sister (as a surprise present). I've also paid $10 for Express Shipping since I want to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons on release day.

Move forward to a couple of days later, I've read Reddit posts saying that the delivery date for some people's Animal Crossing: New Horizons Target pre-orders have been delayed to 26 March 2020. And yet, according to Target, my pre-order was still scheduled to be delivered on release date. And moving forward to today, I went back home and I don't receive any package from Target. So I went to a nearby Target store to get an inquiry about my pre-order delivery date. And the only thing the staff at that Target said is that they're still preparing to ship my pre-order. And when I asked them if I could get a shipping refund, they said I can't get a shipping refund. Obviously feeling very angry, I called Target's customer service line and had to wait 20 minutes to get in hold with a person at customer service. And when I explained my situation, the customer service guy told me that the delivery date for pre-orders for Animal Crossing: New Horizon was delayed to 26 March 2020. But he immediately offered to give me a shipping refund, which I accepted.  But since I don't want to lose my pre-order bonus, I didn't cancel my Target pre-order. And so far, I've bought a physical copy from Best Buy and now have to wait until my order's ready to be picked up. And it seems unlikely to me that Target will accept returns on the games I've pre-ordered since I think Target expects me to return the pre-order bonuses, and I want to keep the pre-order bonuses. So that means I most likely have to resort to selling the games on eBay or Mercari at a substantial loss.

If Target actually sent me an email a couple days in advance saying that the delivery date for my pre-order might be delayed to 26 March 2020 due to the coronavirus situation, I wouldn't have been angry. But Target never did that. And because of Target's lack of transparency, I have to wait until 26 March 2020 until I get my pre-order bonuses, and I wasted more money than I should have. I've read Target in the past has f***ed over people who pre-order video games from them and paid $10 Express shipping (one example I've read about is that people pre-ordered the steelbooks for Pokémon Sword and Shield and paid $10 for Express shipping and having the delivery date delayed by a week).

I'll never pre-order from Target ever again.

(No, I don't expect sympathy from anyone. I know people will tell "you shouldn't pre-order games anyway". But so far, when I've pre-order games from Amazon, 100% of the time, Amazon delivers the games on release date.)

I don’t think anyone heard would give you #$*! for venting or go “you shouldn’t pre-order.” The folks on the Den aren’t like that. I think eal’s said stuff about pre-ordering, but I doubt he’d give you a hard time. It’s better to get that crap off your chest anyway.

I had something like what happened to you 2 years ago. I had pre-ordered Monster Hunter World and the collector’s edition of Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) from Best Buy, and the day I went to pick up Monster Hunter World they told me I apparently never pre-ordered it even though I had the copy of the receipt with me. I was baffled they refused to give me my copy of the game. A few weeks later I went to get Shadow of the Colossus and was going to make sure the same crap didn’t happen again, but the bastards at the store told me they had been waiting for me to pick up my copy of MH World. I was able to get both games (and thankfully didn’t get screwed out of the collector’s edition of Colossus) but I told them what happened and told them I was very displeased with their customer service and that I was given the runaround on my order. I made sure they knew I had made the trip to the store (which is 40 minutes away from my place) back in January 2018 just so I could pick up my copy of MHW because I had been looking forward to playing it on my follow days off.

I’ve never pre-ordered from Best Buy again, and after what happened with the Square Enix online store back with the special edition of DQ11 was coming out, I don’t pre-order anything anymore unless it’s through Amazon.

 

I’m sure we’ve all had experiences like you, Dakhil, so we can all relate one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn't preorder games anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

You shouldn't preorder games anyway.

Unfortunately, pre-ordering Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the only way you can play Animal Crossing: New Horizons on release date. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is literally sold out everywhere, and the earliest date I've seen for deliveries is next week. No, I'm not buying  Animal Crossing: New Horizons digitally since I hate digital games with a passion. (That means when video games becomes digital only, I'm exiting playing future video games.) Thank you Target for f***ing me over with your f***ing lies.

People are probably going to give me s*** for this, because "it's only a f***ing video game". And I'm not going to lie, I deserve it.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t know where you keep getting the idea people will give you #$*! around here for complaining (as in actually criticizing you, not the joking kind of #$*!-giving we may do to one another), but you know what you need...


You’ll get the game eventually. So try and think positively so when you finally dive into it you won’t feel so bitter.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I did manage to snatch a physical copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons from Best Buy today. I was just too impatient. 

And Target notified me that my pre-orders (with my pre-order bonuses) is expected to be delivered to my address by this Monday. So when I do get my pre-orders, I'll probably attempt to go to a Target nearby me and return the games for a full refund whilst keeping my pre-order bonuses at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Peaches from my Mom in the mail yesterday and planted those. So I should have some Peaches to trade out next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so much for the game being “literally sold out everywhere.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well so much for the game being “literally sold out everywhere.”

Well, I did get the last copy, so now it's sold out everywhere (in my area).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an island filled with Oranges as well. So I can give those out. Just need Cherries and Apples. If I start growing all of them shortly I will just give out any fruit that you guys will need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the fruits now. I have some spare Pears, Oranges, and Cherries if anyone needs some. All my other fruit is still growing. I don't time travel so it will take a little while. If anyone comes across any bamboo shoots, let me know and we can figure out a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I have all the fruits now. I have some spare Pears, Oranges, and Cherries if anyone needs some. All my other fruit is still growing. I don't time travel so it will take a little while. If anyone comes across any bamboo shoots, let me know and we can figure out a trade.

I remember in City Folk I made an orchard of all the different kinds of fruit trees (excluding coconut trees that is) so I could have a place to always grab fruit for friends or to make some extra money.

I’m hoping with the landscape changing tools I can make part of my island a grove of fruit trees. Maybe if I stick with the Estard Island plan I’ll put the orchard where the Mysterious Fane would be or the small hideaway where Kiefer and the hero have their boat stored.

I’d say put the trees around where the Woodcutter’s Shack is, but...well, I don’t want to lose my orchard.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I remember in City Folk I made an orchard of all the different kinds of fruit trees (excluding coconut trees that is) so I could have a place to always grab fruit for friends or to make some extra money.

I’m hoping with the landscape changing tools I can make part of my island a grove of fruit trees. Maybe if I stick with the Estard Island plan I’ll put the orchard where the Mysterious Fane would be or the small hideaway where Kiefer and the hero have their boat stored.

I’d say put the trees around where the Woodcutter’s Shack is, but...well, I don’t want to lose my orchard.

That sounds like a really cool idea.

You can also place items outdoors as well to make a really cool looking Orchard. You get to unlock making fences to make a garden area too. I plan on doing this, but I am too focused on the core game that I haven't done much decorating.

Also as a side note. Remember when Nintendo was refusing Cloud saves at the beginning because they didn't want people to exploit it? Well, an item dupe has been found. And it is dumb easy to pull off. People are giving away rare items right now all over the place.

Edited by Twinkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Twinkie said:

That sounds like a really cool idea.

You can also place items outdoors as well to make a really cool looking Orchard. You get to unlock making fences to make a garden area too. I plan on doing this, but I am too focused on the core game that I haven't done much decorating.

Also as a side note. Remember when Nintendo was refusing Cloud saves at the beginning because they didn't want people to exploit it? Well, an item dupe has been found. And it is dumb easy to pull off. People are giving away rare items right now all over the place.

Dang, really? That’s pretty sweet (at least until they patch it). It must be that glitch that caused people to receive a ton of money at once, as I had a recommended video in my YouTube feed about making quick and easy money in the game. The thumbnail showed that the guy’s inventory was filled with 99,000 bells in every slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Dang, really? That’s pretty sweet (at least until they patch it). It must be that glitch that caused people to receive a ton of money at once, as I had a recommended video in my YouTube feed about making quick and easy money in the game. The thumbnail showed that the guy’s inventory was filled with 99,000 bells in every slot.

Yup. The only thing you need is a second player in your town to do it. You get a 1x1 table and place a piece of furniture on it. Have one player turn the table in one direction consantatly. The other player picks the item off the table. The item will respawn on top of the table when being turned. If it disappears you just place another one on top if it. It doesn't work with all items though since it obviously needs to be small enough to fit on the table. Some items like tools can't be duplicated doing it either.

You can easily do this with the Nintendo Switch that is given to you buy the mail or any other rare bug/fish. To really spam out the bells by selling.

Edited by Twinkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I have all the fruits now. I have some spare Pears, Oranges, and Cherries if anyone needs some. All my other fruit is still growing. I don't time travel so it will take a little while. If anyone comes across any bamboo shoots, let me know and we can figure out a trade.

I just need pears and oranges. I have cherries and apples growing with peaches being my island fruit.

Edit: I have some bamboo shoots and trees. Send me a DM whenever you'd like to come to my island.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Yup. The only thing you need is a second player in your town to do it. You get a 1x1 table and place a piece of furniture on it. Have one player turn the table in one direction consantatly. The other player picks the item off the table. The item will respawn on top of the table when being turned. If it disappears you just place another one on top if it. It doesn't work with all items though since it obviously needs to be small enough to fit on the table. Some items like tools can't be duplicated doing it either.

You can easily do this with the Nintendo Switch that is given to you buy the mail or any other rare bug/fish. To really spam out the bells by selling.

DUDE. That’s awesome and super easy! Damn, I may just have to get the game earlier than I planned and make use of that before it’s too late. And speaking of the duplication....

39 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I just need pears and oranges. I have cherries and apples growing with peaches being my island fruit.

Edit: I have some bamboo shoots and trees. Send me a DM whenever you'd like to come to my island.

Since you got the special Animal Crossing Switch, you received the special in game item Switch for it didn’t you? I’d love to have one of those for my house, but if you don’t want to make a dupe then I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I just need pears and oranges. I have cherries and apples growing with peaches being my island fruit.

Edit: I have some bamboo shoots and trees. Send me a DM whenever you'd like to come to my island.

Just need pears now.

18 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

DUDE. That’s awesome and super easy! Damn, I may just have to get the game earlier than I planned and make use of that before it’s too late. And speaking of the duplication....

Since you got the special Animal Crossing Switch, you received the special in game item Switch for it didn’t you? I’d love to have one of those for my house, but if you don’t want to make a dupe then I understand.

I did indeed get one. You can buy it from the Nook Kiosk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Just need pears now.

I did indeed get one. You can buy it from the Nook Kiosk.

You can? I thought the special switch items were only given to you as a one per customer sort of deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You can? I thought the special switch items were only given to you as a one per customer sort of deal.

I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many you can buy from the kiosk but you only get one free by having the Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many you can buy from the kiosk but you only get one free by having the Switch.

Huh. Well there you go. I figured it was one of those special one of a kind items you received via the mail.

Is it one of those items Twinkie mentioned where you can’t dupe it? Might have to see if anyone on Gamefaqs could help. I’m legit thinking about buying a digital copy of the game, both because of this glitch I’d love to use before it’s too late and because you guys and the other people on my Switch friend list who have been playing like crazy already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

 and because you guys and the other people on my Switch friend list who have been playing like crazy already.

I've been seeing you playing Okami HD. Looking forward to you joining in on the fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...