Dakhil

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posted (edited)

I was going to wait until next month to buy it. With the virus going around and nothing much to do, I ended up just preordering it anyways. Looks like I will be playing on release day.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t know what I want to do about getting the game. I am interested since I like Animal Crossing, but I’m worried about ordering it and potentially getting sick from it being delivered. I’m not stewing about the virus or anything and I keep very clean, but I’ll admit I’m nervous the game could possibly ship out from somewhere where a person is infected and the germs would spread.

I may just wait until this coronavirus crap blows over and wait to get the game down the road along with some others. I probably don’t have to worry, but I’m going to be on the safe side for the time being. So I hope in the future whenever I do pick up the game that you guys will still be up for fruit trading and all the other good stuff we were planning on doing. We’ll just chalk it up to ol’ Yangus being late to the party again.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I don’t know what I want to do about getting the game. I am interested since I like Animal Crossing, but I’m worried about ordering it and potentially getting sick from it being delivered. I’m not stewing about the virus or anything and I keep very clean, but I’ll admit I’m nervous the game could possibly ship out from somewhere where a person is infected and the germs would spread.

I may just wait until this coronavirus crap blows over and wait to get the game down the road along with some others. I probably don’t have to worry, but I’m going to be on the safe side for the time being. So I hope in the future whenever I do pick up the game that you guys will still be up for fruit trading and all the other good stuff we were planning on doing. We’ll just chalk it up to ol’ Yangus being late to the party again.

That is why I am kinda on the fence on buying Trials of Mana next month. If it doesn't die down by then anyways. I really don't like buying digital for RPGs.

Posted (edited)

I was a little hesitant at grabbing the new console because of a similar issue you're talking about. I decided to go digital because it helped put a little peace of mind back in me. Maybe consider doing that?

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

That is why I am kinda on the fence on buying Trials of Mana next month. If it doesn't die down by then anyways. I really don't like buying digital for RPGs.

I was considering getting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and MAYBE Langrisser 1 and 2 too and order the three at once, but at this point I’m holding off. Aside from the virus concern, I’ve also been saving my money so I can move to a new place. I have some games I need to finish anyway.

47 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I was a little hesitant at grabbing the new console because of a similar issue you're talking about. I decided to go digital because it helped put a little peace of mind back in me. Maybe consider doing that?

Honestly I’m not one to buy digital versions of a game unless they are cheap and/or the physical version is difficult to find. I’ll get a physical copy eventually, it just might be awhile. I have plenty of games I need to finish off and play anyway, so I’ll just wait until things calm down.

Oh, I almost forgot. There’s an article about how Nintendo plans to implement a backup data system of sorts this year.

https://www.siliconera.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-save-data-backup-feature-releases-within-2020/

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I was considering getting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and MAYBE Langrisser 1 and 2 too and order the three at once, but at this point I’m holding off. Aside from the virus concern, I’ve also been saving my money so I can move to a new place. I have some games I need to finish anyway.

Yeah, same here. I still have to start up Monster Hunter. I ended up starting Dauntless last night so I am going to be busy for a while. Not in a rush to buy anything right now.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Yeah, same here. I still have to start up Monster Hunter. I ended up starting Dauntless last night so I am going to be busy for a while. Not in a rush to buy anything right now.

Playing some Monster Hunter sounds like a good idea. I’m thinking I’ll try and get some of my digital only games played like Steamworld Dig 1, or I’ll pick up DQ Builders 1 and play it on my Switch. I had planned to start getting back to the Builders games once I finished DQ1&2 Switch. I’ll admit I’m not sure what I want to play at the moment since DQ1&2 Switch were my evening games, so I may go between some stuff and see what catches my interest.

It would be funny if the reviews just slammed the game.

Gamespot - ”Don’t let the trailers and Direct for the game fool you! It’s a miserable experience!”

IGN - “If you thought Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has too much water, hold on to your hats, folks!”

Jay Sherman - “It stinks. It stinks. It stinks.”

Mr. Sherman’s editor - “Yes Mr. Sherman, everything stinks...”

IGN - “If you thought Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has too much water, hold on to your hats, folks!”

I have to UNLOCK terrain tools to have less water? 2/10

The only "negative" I really got from reviews is that it takes awhile to get going. I kind of expected that...

16 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I have to UNLOCK terrain tools to have less water? 2/10

Good news: you actually unlock terrain tools ONLY for more water! You either get river water, ocean water, or water water. The last one is the hardest to unlock as you have to fully upgrade your house and obtain the legendary island builder badge, but once you earn it you can destroy the entire island in one fell swoop and live within the confines of a watery wonderland!

Too much water? More like too much fun!!!

• Like 1

At 9pm EST on Wednesday the first patch will be available. This makes the multiplayer available and one other thing I'm too lazy to remember or look up.

1 more day until I get to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons (at least I hope so since I've paid around $10 extra to have Target deliver my pre-order on release day).

I wouldn't be surprised if the physical version of Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be sold out in the matter of minutes (if not hours). And I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's servers starts to frequently crash starting from release day.

People really shouldn't be going out to Gamestop. The fact that they refuse to close their stores is pretty dumb. Those stores are small and cramped as it is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

People really shouldn't be going out to Gamestop. The fact that they refuse to close their stores is pretty dumb. Those stores are small and cramped as it is.

I agree. But I think there will be people going to GameStop since Amazon has pushed back the delivery date for Animal Crossing: New Horizon from tomorrow to the 24th of March.

It’s stunning that a store that makes most of its money selling preowned products refuses to close its doors. But at the same time, this virus could seriously end GameStop if they closed. If the GameStop subreddit is anything to go by, the company isn’t taking the proper precautions to protect its employees and customers.

Regardless, I can’t imagine how simply moving the time of the launch of either Animal Crossing or Doom: Eternal would help. Maybe I’m missing something but I feel like there would be more people running to GameStop if the midnight launch was not only at a reasonable hour, but also at an earlier time than other stores. All while people are cooped up in their homes bored.

Reggie wants to make sure your bodies are ready.

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Reggie wants to make sure your bodies are ready.

I’m sure their customers’ bodies are ready...to get infected.

27 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I agree. But I think there will be people going to GameStop since Amazon has pushed back the delivery date for Animal Crossing: New Horizon from tomorrow to the 24th of March.

Several people have reported on getting that email, but got shipping notifications for it today. Not sure how many will be getting it, but a lot of people probably ended up just switching their preorder to a digital code as well. Gamestop offered the same.

12 minutes ago, eal said:

It’s stunning that a store that makes most of its money selling preowned products refuses to close its doors. But at the same time, this virus could seriously end GameStop if they closed. If the GameStop subreddit is anything to go by, the company isn’t taking the proper precautions to protect its employees and customers.

Regardless, I can’t imagine how simply moving the time of the launch of either Animal Crossing or Doom: Eternal would help. Maybe I’m missing something but I feel like there would be more people running to GameStop if the midnight launch was not only at a reasonable hour, but also at an earlier time than other stores. All while people are cooped up in their homes bored.

Yeah, I have been reading about that as well. Apparently Gamestop is pretty bad on cleaning their stores. Let alone during an epidemic. The one I used to go to wasn't all that clean either. Many stores are not being supplied with basic things like hand sanitzer.

Gamestop got the go ahead to release Doom: Eternal today. To help out with lowering the crowd a bit.

2 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Gamestop got the go ahead to release Doom: Eternal today. To help out with lowering the crowd a bit.

I get the impression releasing a game earlier than anywhere else and at a more reasonable time than midnight to a public that’s looking for entertainment right now will not help keep people away from the store.

6 minutes ago, eal said:

I get the impression releasing a game earlier than anywhere else and at a more reasonable time than midnight to a public that’s looking for entertainment right now will not help keep people away from the store.

Probably would have been handled a lot better if it was preorder copies only. But I agree with you on that. Everyone will be going to GS to get it early.

41 minutes ago, eal said:

I’m sure their customers’ bodies are ready...to get infected.

(Reggie puts on sunglasses)

Well considering California's officially on lockdown, I hope that law enforcement officers in California will not take GameStop's bulls**t and force GameStop to shut down their stores.

Posted (edited)

But according to Gamestop they are essential retail! How could we survive without them?!?!

https://www.siliconera.com/gamestop-pandemic-calls-itself-essential-retail-during-pandemic-lockdowns/

...And I see Twinkie is already playing the game. Got done playing Okami and saw I had a friend online.

I expect your overall playtime to be over 300 hours by the end of the year, mister. 😘