Animal Crossing: New Horizons

49 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Anyone figure out what they are going to name their town/island yet? I’m debating if I should go with something DQ related or something else. At the moment I’m leaning towards Estard Island.

Aliahan and my character is gonna be named Erdrick.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a lot of designs to post here. I'll spoiler tag them to avoid too much clutter Akechi Akechi (Crow) Rosalina Tsarevna Alena Maribel Mayde Gym Leader Melo

Hope this is the right place for it, but I made some Dragon Quest outfits! You can save these to your custom designs once you've unlocked the Able Sisters. You can also search my creator ID

Save data transfers are finally happening. https://www.siliconera.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-winter-update-is-upon-us-animal-crossing-save-data-transfer/

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Aliahan and my character is gonna be named Erdrick.

Solid choice. Think you’ll make a recreation of the town and/or Erdrick’s house?

I’ll probably stick with my real name. I don’t mind using Yangus in stuff, but honestly I get tired of slapping his name onto my characters for stuff. It’s why I stopped naming the hero’s after Yangus in the “Buy this DQ game,” contests and started using the one true names (aka silly nonsense names) instead, such as MopTopMo for XI’s hero or TastyBob for VII’s hero.

https://twitter.com/FuturePress/status/1230556862602305537

Our next release is a very special one: the official companion guide for Animal Crossing: New Horizons! We're truly excited to announce this book. It's released early April and will be filled to bursting with invaluable island-building information!

future-press.com/animal-crossin...

ERPQ6r5UwAEPkA1?format=jpg

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Anyone figure out what they are going to name their town/island yet? I’m debating if I should go with something DQ related or something else. At the moment I’m leaning towards Estard Island.

I'll probably name my island Portum, which is Latin for haven.

24 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I'll probably name my island Portum, which is Latin for haven.

Cool. I used Latin in my first playthrough of Etrian Odyssey IV for my guild name. I went with “Animus,” more so for the 2nd definition of wanting to do something. I was trying to find something cool sounding, and the word struck me when I found it. Figured it would fit with my guild leader due to the story I made up for him.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:37 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Solid choice. Think you’ll make a recreation of the town and/or Erdrick’s house?

Come on dude I'm not that creative lol. I do tend to name my characters after me so I might end up doing that here as well. Feels more personal that way.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Come on dude I'm not that creative lol. I do tend to name my characters after me so I might end up doing that here as well. Feels more personal that way.

Haha, maybe the creative bug will strike you. With creating games I always get ideas but I need to capitalize on them otherwise I just lose any motivation.

Back when we had a contest here on the Den for making something DQ themed in a game, I made some levels based on monsters from the series in Super Mario Maker. It was hell to make that Golem level pixel perfect, but it was fun.

If you go with the Alihan idea, you should make a small mini island somewhere near your house and put a lighthouse on it. Have it be completely surrounded by water and it could represent the Dreamer’s Tower/Najima Tower.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I was able to "play" the demo at PAX on Friday. I say "play" because it was co-op and we were supposed to take turns being the leader. I was first and gave up control after a few minutes. The next guy decided to spend the entire rest of the time in the museum and didn't give up control to the last person until about 2 minutes were left. Excited I got to play the game, but wish I had better partners. 

• Like 1

Excited I got to play the game, but wish I had better partners. 

I felt the same way about the dating years between marriages.

Ever see one raccoon kid slap another one in the back of the head?

0FD61D29-AFB6-42F5-868D-4E193FA50E80.thumb.jpeg.f679f1849903f49cd19a2e55c8c37cd1.jpeg

It is strange. But the Animal Crossing community is probably the most toxic community I have ever encountered in recent years. I have seen more dumb things being posted with that community then I have with Counter-Strike. It is really bizarre. Same thing with the Stardew Valley community.

Anyways, I am not sure if I am going to be picking the game up this month or not. I might have to wait until next month to pick it up. Either way, the wait is getting me excited.

14 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

It is strange. But the Animal Crossing community is probably the most toxic community I have ever encountered in recent years. I have seen more dumb things being posted with that community then I have with Counter-Strike. It is really bizarre. Same thing with the Stardew Valley community.

I’ve only heard stories about the Animal Crossing community. I do know people got really salty when it was delayed. I feel like the wholesomeness balances it out. I’ve certainly encountered worse communities, personally.

22 minutes ago, eal said:

I’ve only heard stories about the Animal Crossing community. I do know people got really salty when it was delayed. I feel like the wholesomeness balances it out. I’ve certainly encountered worse communities, personally.

I have a lot of personal experience with Animal Crossing community in the last 5 years or so. I was head deep into item trading. Some of the terrible things I have experienced include:

1. Getting a death threat for saying I don't want Astrid in my town.
  2. Someone trying to cut down my trees because I wouldn't trade them my Metroid.
  3. Running out of the Island lobby to find a specific fruit. Only to get harassed because I was being "rude". Even though I planned on staying on the island and hanging out.
  4. People trying to scam.
  5. Seen someone throw insults at a 14 year old girl for accidental picking a non-rare flower by accident.

Those are just the ones I can think of on top of my head.

At least with Stardew, I had someone also send me death threats on there too. All because I said that the marriage system was "flavor' content. Since you know... It doesn't do much to actually progress the game.

Yeah, the community has a LOT of great people and is generally chill and relaxing. It just annoys me that people dismiss the toxicity that occurs with the game because of the nature of the game.

9 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I have a lot of personal experience with Animal Crossing community in the last 5 years or so. I was head deep into item trading. Some of the terrible things I have experienced include:

1. Getting a death threat for saying I don't want Astrid in my town.
  2. Someone trying to cut down my trees because I wouldn't trade them my Metroid.
  3. Running out of the Island lobby to find a specific fruit. Only to get harassed because I was being "rude". Even though I planned on staying on the island and hanging out.
  4. People trying to scam.
  5. Seen someone throw insults at a 14 year old girl for accidental picking a non-rare flower by accident.

Those are just the ones I can think of on top of my head.

At least with Stardew, I had someone also send me death threats on there too. All because I said that the marriage system was "flavor' content. Since you know... It doesn't do much to actually progress the game.

Yeah, the community has a LOT of great people and is generally chill and relaxing. It just annoys me that people dismiss the toxicity that occurs with the game because of the nature of the game.

Sounds like you ran into the crazy a-holes of the fandom.

I promise that if we all do mutliplayer I will only cut down one tree. 😘

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Sounds like you ran into the crazy a-holes of the fandom.

I promise that if we all do mutliplayer I will only cut down one tree. 😘

Just don't convince Rosie out of my town for yours and we will be good. 👍

Edited by Twinkie
4 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Just don't convince Rosie out of my town for yours and we will be good. 👍

Well now you gave me a second agenda to aim for- I mean, uh, sure thing.

• Like 1

K.K. Slider singing “Mr. Blue Sky” by the Electric Light Orchestra surprisingly works.

This guy has made some other K.K. Slider covers that are also really good too.

I'm considering getting the special edition Switch. I have a friend that works at Walmart and I'm hoping he can get me it with his discount. A couple Walmarts near me list them as in-stock so maybe I can get lucky on Friday if he can't get me one at his store.

9 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm considering getting the special edition Switch. I have a friend that works at Walmart and I'm hoping he can get me it with his discount. A couple Walmarts near me list them as in-stock so maybe I can get lucky on Friday if he can't get me one at his store.

I wish you the best of luck. It will be hell trying to get them at this point without paying scalpers.

16 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I wish you the best of luck. It will be hell trying to get them at this point without paying scalpers.

Yeah I wouldn't pay a scalper. If I can't get the system it's not the end of the world. It was more "I can afford this, I should try to get one". I have a launch Switch so I feel an upgrade is justified. 

You ever see a kid raccoon slap an adult raccoon?

1A512F99-C533-42B5-A43C-78271EFD1D66.jpeg

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I got the special edition Switch today! I went to my local Walmart at 6:30 this morning and they had none. I thought I would never own it and I accepted my fate. But! My friend that works at another Walmart was able to get me one with his discount! I ended up cancelling my Best Buy preorder and going digital. I got a $10 eshop card and decided to put it towards the game. I'd rather have the game digitally, and cheaper, than physical and with a bell pouch plush I wouldn't do anything with. The data transfer was pretty easy but I'm likely going to get another SD card since they're cheap and you can't use the same one for multiple Switches. Just one more week!

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I got the special edition Switch today!