Dakhil

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

That AC Switch looks damn good. I would really like to have it.

Not because of Animal Crossing. But because I am a huge fan of maritime themes and settings. Might just settle on ordering the Joycons.

It should also be noted that apparently the AC Switch isn't coming with the game. So you would have to still buy the game.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1

I'm going to try and stretch things out so I can afford the switch. I need a replacement anyway since mine is kinda dying.

30 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

The dock is going to be on sale as well.

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/HAC_8_CDHWC.html

Nice! I may just have to get that dock then and have my default one be a backup.

• Like 1

This topic has gone in a sad direction. 3bc29b4829f81cb15d2bf1af15361c7c.jpg

I seen someone mention it earlier today. But Animal Crossing is apparently going to be up for preorder in the eshop on the 8th in Japan. So there is a good chance we will see it up very soon.

Edited by Twinkie

5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I seen someone mention it earlier today. But Animal Crossing is apparently going to be up for preorder in the eshop on the 8th in Japan. So there is a good chance we will see it up very soon.

Maybe that means a focused Direct is coming soon. I hate people that whine and try to will Directs into existence but the game is coming out pretty soon and there really hasn't been a huge marketing campaign or info dump.

9 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Maybe that means a focused Direct is coming soon. I hate people that whine and try to will Directs into existence but the game is coming out pretty soon and there really hasn't been a huge marketing campaign or info dump.

I think someone posted a leak here a couple days ago that mentioned a Direct with a few minor announcements (including a new Fortune Street game) and a heavy emphasis on Animal Crossing.

44 minutes ago, eal said:

I think someone posted a leak here a couple days ago that mentioned a Direct with a few minor announcements (including a new Fortune Street game) and a heavy emphasis on Animal Crossing.

Makes sense. I always take leaks of that nature with a grain of salt.

53 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Makes sense. I always take leaks of that nature with a grain of salt.

I also like to have my leeks with salt. Adds flavor.

• Like 1

Here is an english translation of an information brochure for ACNH.

ol7t3g6krye41.jpg

According to the information, you can't transfer your safe file to another Switch. So not only can you not use cloud back up, but you also can't transfer your safe file if you decide to get a new Switch.

22 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

ol7t3g6krye41.jpg

According to the information, you can't transfer your safe file to another Switch. So not only can you not use cloud back up, but you also can't transfer your safe file if you decide to get a new Switch. 

I don't know what Nintendo's smoking to come up with something so f***ed up.

37 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

ol7t3g6krye41.jpg

Well that’s dumb. It’s like how Nintendo wouldn’t allow cloud saving with Splatoon 2 all over again.

13 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well that’s dumb. It’s like how Nintendo wouldn’t allow cloud saving with Splatoon 2 all over again.

I am still pissed off over that. One of my old clan mates lost his 2,300 hour file over it and ended up quitting the competitive scene over it. I would be destroyed if I lost my 500+ hour save file. Loosing my 25+ hour file on BoTW was enough alone for me to not go back to that game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I am still pissed off over that. One of my old clan mates lost his 2,300 hour file over it and ended up quitting the competitive scene over it. I would be destroyed if I lost my 500+ hour save file. Loosing my 25+ hour file on BoTW was enough alone for me to not go back to that game.

Welcome to my world on how I feel about Three Houses. I don’t want to go back to that game for a long time with all the #$*! I went through before and after I started playing it.

• Like 1

Nintendo keeping up with its historically bad data management systems.

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
12 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Nintendo keeping up with its historically bad data management systems.

Nintendo's practically the most boomer like amongst Sony and Microsoft (though I'm not so sure when compared to other Japanese video game companies).

• Like 1

Some good news (I think?) on the save data situation. I don't know how good google translate is. But towards the bottom it is mentioning that NIntendo is considering another form of backup that is separate from NSO Cloud Saves. You still won't be able to transfer your data by the sounds of it.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/13a78d5d-6e1e-433e-83d3-9166e5b1a992

5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Some good news (I think?) on the save data situation. I don't know how good google translate is. But towards the bottom it is mentioning that NIntendo is considering another form of backup that is separate from NSO Cloud Saves. You still won't be able to transfer your data by the sounds of it.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/13a78d5d-6e1e-433e-83d3-9166e5b1a992

Then what is the point? 😒

5 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Then what is the point? 😒

The point being, if you loose your Switch for any reason you will still have a file backup.

17 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

The point being, if you loose your Switch for any reason you will still have a file backup.

If I lose it I'd get a new Switch. You can't transfer the data between systems still.

21 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

If I lose it I'd get a new Switch. You can't transfer the data between systems still.

Direct quote from the Google Translate.

"This software does not support "Save Data Storage" of Nintendo Switch Online, but in case of failure, loss or theft of the Nintendo Switch body, in the original form of this software We are considering a function to back up save data. Use of this function is limited to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. Correspondence time is undecided. We will inform you as soon as the time is decided."

If your Switch gets stolen or lost, how else are you going to be getting your save data to a new Switch? The lack transfer between systems refers to the profile/save transfer tool provided in the operating system. Not the new system that is going to be provided with the new Animal Crossing. Though we still don't know the full details on this new system.

Edited by Twinkie

24 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Direct quote from the Google Translate.

"This software does not support "Save Data Storage" of Nintendo Switch Online, but in case of failure, loss or theft of the Nintendo Switch body, in the original form of this software We are considering a function to back up save data. Use of this function is limited to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. Correspondence time is undecided. We will inform you as soon as the time is decided."

If your Switch gets stolen or lost, how else are you going to be getting your save data to a new Switch? The lack transfer between systems refers to the profile/save transfer tool provided in the operating system. Not the new system that is going to be provided with the new Animal Crossing. Though we still don't know the full details on this new system.

Alright that makes me feel a bit better. Kind of crappy that it'll be for NSO users only but I guess that's one way to bump up your subscriber count. 

47 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Alright that makes me feel a bit better. Kind of crappy that it'll be for NSO users only but I guess that's one way to bump up your subscriber count. 

Sadly. Cloud saving should be a free service available to everyone if they are going to take away the ability to do self backup saves.