Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I'm still playing a bit, got to 5 stars finally, now I just feel like my island is cluttered.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think I've posted my ACNH patterns here yet. Here's all my Slimes.   And here is my Teeny Sanguini.

Hope this is the right place for it, but I made some Dragon Quest outfits! You can save these to your custom designs once you've unlocked the Able Sisters. You can also search my creator ID

I have a lot of designs to post here. I'll spoiler tag them to avoid too much clutter Akechi Akechi (Crow) Rosalina Tsarevna Alena Maribel Mayde Gym Leader Melo

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Woodus said:

I'm still playing a bit, got to 5 stars finally, now I just feel like my island is cluttered.

Don't feel too bad about it. My island has been cluttered since release.

Do you get a star ranking based on what you do to your island? Is it like New Leaf where you have to complete X tasks to improve your town? I remember in New Leaf my villagers always wanted more greenery and flowers even when I planted a bunch of flowers everywhere.

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Do you get a star ranking based on what you do to your island? Is it like New Leaf where you have to complete X tasks to improve your town? I remember in New Leaf my villagers always wanted more greenery and flowers even when I planted a bunch of flowers everywhere.

You need a certain amount of trees, flowers, villagers, furniture, and low amount of items laying around to increase the rank.

It isn't too difficult to get the balance up to 5 stars. Just takes time for it. I don't remember much on getting perfect town in NL. But I recall NH being easier for it. You still need to plant a ton of flowers though.

Edited by Twinkie
7 hours ago, Twinkie said:

You need a certain amount of trees, flowers, villagers, furniture, and low amount of items laying around to increase the rank.

Yeah and that is why I made the cluttered comment, I just have random crap strewn all about my island ;)

• 1 month later...

Of course the new update trailer shows that pumpkins are going to be used for the thanksgiving event.

I just removed and sold all my pumpkins last week.. Ugh

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got my game started today and named my island Estard. Going to try and make it as DQ7 themed as I can layout wise. Starting fruit is peaches, and I set my island in the summer hemisphere for opposite seasons. Not sure when I can start trading and working with other players (the Dodo airport kept telling me “Haha we’re closed to bad” or something not similar to that at all) but I’d appreciate anyone who could help me get some of the other fruits eventually.

• Like 1
On 1/2/2021 at 9:43 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Got my game started today and named my island Estard. Going to try and make it as DQ7 themed as I can layout wise. Starting fruit is peaches, and I set my island in the summer hemisphere for opposite seasons. Not sure when I can start trading and working with other players (the Dodo airport kept telling me “Haha we’re closed to bad” or something not similar to that at all) but I’d appreciate anyone who could help me get some of the other fruits eventually.

Hit me up on Discord. I can give you some Bells as well to give you a jump start if you want.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Estard Island is slowly but surely coming together. Thanks to @WoodusI’ve been able to obtain the other fruits I needed. I’m going to have to re-arrange some houses once I can really change the island landscape, but for now I’m starting to set up where Estard Castle Town is up on the cliff side of my island.

Got my town theme changed to “Echoes of Horns Throughout the Castle” from DQ7, and I’m going to try and make some custom designs based on sprites from the game.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got KK Slider to show up on my island on Sunday and “beat” the game since the credits rolled. I can finally access the landscape app from Nook and can begin to shape my island how I’d like too. It may be harder than I thought though since I’ve planted so many fruit trees over by where I could raise the cliffs for Estard Castle town, but I’ll see what I want to do.

I also finally got the Able Sisters to open a shop on my island. Unfortunately I had to put them somewhere I didn’t really want to, so they’ll need to be moved at some point. I want to finish paying off the basement upgrade first before I start spending money on moving buildings or anything else, so I guess I’m playing a bit of a long game.

On the right side, I’ve found that a number of the smaller fossils you can dig up have a tablet-esque shape to them, so maybe I’ll hide them around the island as a reference to DQ7. No radar to help you locate them though!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It may be harder than I thought though since I’ve planted so many fruit trees over by where I could raise the cliffs for Estard Castle town, but I’ll see what I want to do.

If you eat fruit (I usually burn coconuts since they have the least return) you can move whole trees, and you can tell what type of fruit they are in the inventory. So I created a whole "orchard" organized by fruit type on the east side of my island with all my fruit trees.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:37 AM, Woodus said:

If you eat fruit (I usually burn coconuts since they have the least return) you can move whole trees, and you can tell what type of fruit they are in the inventory. So I created a whole "orchard" organized by fruit type on the east side of my island with all my fruit trees.

To add to this. If you sit on a toilet, you will deplete your stamina as well. Just in case you overeat and don't want to accidentally destroy rocks or something.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:37 AM, Woodus said:

That’s good to know, thanks!

On 1/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, Twinkie said:

To add to this. If you sit on a toilet, you will deplete your stamina as well. Just in case you overeat and don't want to accidentally destroy rocks or something.

That’s hilarious. Guess it’s a good thing I made a bathroom in my house then! 🤣

On 1/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, Twinkie said:

I didn't know that part either, good to know :)

moreyouknow.jpg

Or should it be "the more you go" 😆

• 3 weeks later...

Festivale was a fun time yesterday when I played the game after work. Managed to get a lot of the Festivale related items in various colors, and decorated my island accordingly. It’s all very colorful now haha. I enjoy that Festivale is essentially a combination of Mardi Gra and Carnival. And that music that played during the celebration was nice. Seeing all your villagers dance along, throw confetti and help you trade for other feathers was fun.

I was able to get 3 of the Festivale Floats, so if anyone needs one just let me know.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My island has transitioned to the fall season. Got greeted by Isabelle telling me I could start finding acorns and pine cones from trees, and the little island loading screen icon had changed colors too. Was able to find some new insects for my museum and it looks like some new seasonal stuff is up for grabs too.

Also, the Mario items are up for grabs via the Nook ordering service! Going to get at least one of everything for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey, I finally got a neighbor’s picture! Awesome! I’m glad to see the neighbor pictures are still around in New Horizons. Always saw that as the mark of who your favorite neighbors were back in Wild World. Not gonna lie, was pretty shocked when I got that from Bianca the tiger. Very much a “Wait, WHAT?!” moment. Haha

On 3/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hey hey, I finally got a neighbor’s picture! Awesome! I’m glad to see the neighbor pictures are still around in New Horizons. Always saw that as the mark of who your favorite neighbors were back in Wild World. Not gonna lie, was pretty shocked when I got that from Bianca the tiger. Very much a “Wait, WHAT?!” moment. Haha

Yeah, I am really glad pictures made a return! I was thinking that the posters were going to fully replace them. Glad I was wrong on it.

You can also customize those pictures to change the frames too!

Big update coming for New Horizons this week. Looks like a lot of new customization options, custom palette slots, new items and more are on the way.

https://www.siliconera.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-update-adds-custom-design-upgrades/

50 new pattern SLOTS?!?!? AWESOME! More customize features are welcome! Pretty good update after how lackluster the last two updates were.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I've posted my ACNH patterns here yet. Here's all my Slimes.

IMG_20201006_212833.jpg

IMG_20201006_212829.jpg

IMG_20201006_212824.jpg

IMG_20201006_212819.jpg

IMG_20201006_212816.jpg

IMG_20201006_212812.jpg

IMG_20201006_212744.jpg

IMG_20201006_212739.jpg

IMG_20201006_212736.jpg

IMG_20201006_212734.jpg

IMG_20201006_212731.jpg

IMG_20201006_212722.jpg

IMG_20201006_212719.jpg

IMG_20201006_212715.jpg

And here is my Teeny Sanguini.

IMG_20200908_155137.thumb.jpg.5c94bab718bdb9cde2bfcbfa779dacf1.jpgIMG_20201006_212807.thumb.jpg.24425c724ed3cb5c08fbc168631204af.jpgIMG_20201006_212804.thumb.jpg.8e2a753c481f0c0f91142f8cc4aaa933.jpgIMG_20201006_212800.thumb.jpg.0fc94c504d028ed170f8bf6b1108b01c.jpgIMG_20201006_212757.thumb.jpg.9ad1e446bd705670b8bdd90150676f19.jpg

• Like 3