Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

If you have Smash Bros. Ultimate, be sure to play the game before the end of April 8th. There are 4 new spirits available to players, all of them being based in new characters from Animal Crossing New Horizons. Other Animal Crossing characters will appear more frequently as well.

The new spirits are Orville & Wilbur (as one spirit), C.J., Flick, and Daisy Mae.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.siliconera.com/animal-crossing-super-smash-bros-ultimate-spirit-board-event-adds-new-horizons-characters/amp/

Hope this is the right place for it, but I made some Dragon Quest outfits! You can save these to your custom designs once you've unlocked the Able Sisters.

spacer.png

You can also search my creator ID to see all outfits: MA-3446-4789-8332

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ChrystalChameleon said:

Hope this is the right place for it, but I made some Dragon Quest outfits! You can save these to your custom designs once you've unlocked the Able Sisters.

spacer.png

You get bonus points for that Morrie costume.

2 hours ago, ChrystalChameleon said:

spacer.png

In a just world Morrie would have been the third option in Dragon Quest V DS.

12 hours ago, ChrystalChameleon said:

spacer.png

Those are really cool! Gonna get on that Morrie outfit!

Posted (edited)

I have a lot of designs to post here. I'll spoiler tag them to avoid too much clutter

Akechi

Spoiler

Akechi (Crow)

Spoiler

Rosalina

Spoiler

Tsarevna Alena

Spoiler

Maribel Mayde

Spoiler

Gym Leader Melony

Spoiler

King Slime

Spoiler

Gym Leader Sabrina

Spoiler

Haru (Noir)

Spoiler

It's Xanthe approved!
image.png

Shadow Queen

Spoiler

Edited by Democrobot
  • Like 3

I am having the worst luck with Turnips. I don't think I had this bad of luck for the entire year of New Leaf I played.

My town is almost "complete". I just gotta organize some villagers a bit more, and build a couple more bridges and I will feel like my town will be complete. Still a 3 star rating on my town, but I will worry about that when I get finished with what I want accomplished. The bridge placements is so damn annoying though. It is pretty restrictive, and can't place the bridges exactly how I want. It takes a lot of tinkering around with water placement to get it right.

Posted (edited)

So how is everyone doing with their towns? Has your tarantula army grown, @Twinkie?

Anyone recreate anything DQ related in your towns or something from another series?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

So how is everyone doing with their towns? Has your tarantula army grown, @Twinkie@Dakhil, I’m curious how your game is going since you were chomping at the bit for your copy of the game. I’m guessing you’ve been playing it like crazy because of that.

Anyone recreate anything DQ related in your towns or something from another series?

The tarantula farming is dead now. Sadly the method that I used to farm them is ruined because of Water Bugs that spawn that can't be easily dealt with. So Tom Nook has to wait a while to grow his army a bit more. With all the money I gave back to him, he is probably developing better technology to utilize the tarantulas even more.

I haven't done a whole lot of DQ related stuff yet. All I have done was create a design of Erdrick's Seal and made it my town flag. Even though my town is named after a place from Final Fantasy lol. I have the town tune set to the Final Fantasy Fanfare but I want to change that in the near future.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2020 at 8:11 PM, Twinkie said:

The tarantula farming is dead now. Sadly the method that I used to farm them is ruined because of Water Bugs that spawn that can't be easily dealt with. So Tom Nook has to wait a while to grow his army a bit more. With all the money I gave back to him, he is probably developing better technology to utilize the tarantulas even more.

I haven't done a whole lot of DQ related stuff yet. All I have done was create a design of Erdrick's Seal and made it my town flag. Even though my town is named after a place from Final Fantasy lol. I have the town tune set to the Final Fantasy Fanfare but I want to change that in the near future.

Cool. Any Final Fantasy game in particular or is it more of a reference to running themes/characters in the games? Like how Cid always shows up in FF games.

What about you @DrippySlimeStar? I don’t have the game, but I’m curious what you guys have been up to in your towns. With New Horizons being the one thing most of my Switch friends are playing, I want to know what’s going on in your respective towns.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What about you @Dakhil and @DrippySlimeStar? I don’t have the game, but I’m curious what you guys have been up to in your towns. With New Horizons being the one thing most of my Switch friends are playing, I want to know what’s going on in your respective towns.

I make sure to check in at least every day but I don't play for too long. I have the terraforming tools now but haven't made any big changes to the town.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I make sure to check in at least every day but I don't play for too long. I have the terraforming tools now but haven't made any big changes to the town.

Ah. I get that way with Animal Crossing games too. Even if I don’t feel like actually playing I at least will check in on stores and see if I can find fossils/other buried goods. Guess that won’t be as fun in New Horizons since they removed the Gyroids from what I’ve heard.

Honestly hearing about what’s been cut from the game compared to what was in the last few entries is surprising. I figured the long delay for the game in the first place was to add that stuff in from and make the game like the past entries from the get go. Kind of don’t like this direction Nintendo is going with that.

Anyway, playing Breath of the Wild so much lately makes me think about making an island based around Hyrule. I don’t know how you could best replicate Death Mountain and Gerudo Desert, but it’s something to think about. If someone can recreate the entire overworld from Link to the Past, making a mini-scale of BotW’s Hyrule should be possible.

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Cool. Any Final Fantasy game in particular or is it more of a reference to running themes/characters in the games? Like how Cid always shows up in FF games.

I named my island Besaid. When I first played the original Animal Crossing I was going through my first playthrough of FFX since I didn't know what to name my town at the time. Since then it has been a tradition of sorts to name my primary town that. When the new game got announced, I strongly considered going with a different name. After we got details on the game being on an island, I just stuck with the name again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I named my island Besaid. When I first played the original Animal Crossing I was going through my first playthrough of FFX since I didn't know what to name my town at the time. Since then it has been a tradition of sorts to name my primary town that. When the new game got announced, I strongly considered going with a different name. After we got details on the game being on an island, I just stuck with the name again.

I get ya. I usually name my Animal Crossing towns Florida ever since Wild World. Don’t know why I went with it back in the day, but I liked it and it’s stuck.

Ironically enough my starting fruit was oranges back in Wild World.

I haven't made any huge changes to my island, and probably won't. May reform my pond to be slime shaped though :)

• Like 1

I didn't play much Animal Crossing: New Horizons due to Dragon Quest XI S and online class assignments. But I haven't made any changes to my island yet.

The game is getting an update on the 23rd. Gonna be adding the Nature day event as well as the art gallery to the museum.

https://japanesenintendo.com/2020/04/21/yuji-horii-has-paid-off-tom-nook/

amabie.jpeg?w=768

YUJI HORII HAS PAID OFF TOM NOOK!

The Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii has tweeted: "I drew Amabie to respond to a request. I hope Corona gets resolved quickly. By the way, I'm alright~. I'm doing various meetings by using Zoom. I've finished Animal Crossing: New Horizons by returning the final loan." Thanks to BlackKite for the translation.

Nook's is buying turnips in my town for 371 each today. If you need to sell, let me know!

I got my loans paid off, island is at 4 stars, Nook's Cranny upgraded, and now the Nature Day event is one. This will be a good time

• Upvote 1

Damn. This is a sad story to read about. Poor guy lost all his save data for something he didn’t even do, and all Nintendo told him was, “Sorry, you have to start over.”

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-new-horizons/78628192

Stuff like this and a lot of the changes I’ve heard about makes me glad I didn’t pick up a copy of New Horizons. How is the game having this much trouble and why does Nintendo keep bringing down the hammer on stuff like bug spawning. Getting rid of the duplication glitch I understand, but their whole stance on back up saves and changing how events work means this poor guy in the topic I shared can’t just load up a previous save and try and make up for what he lost.

At this point I’d rather just get my 3DS out and keep playing New Leaf whenever I get the Animal Crossing itch. Definitely not getting New Horizons anytime soon.

• Like 1

I started really working on my island today. I planned a new spot for the shop next to the clothes store and I'm going to start making a residential area. This has been the only time I've been kind of tempted to time travel but I won't. Once I get the shop and my house moved I can move the others a day at a time.

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2020 at 5:50 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Damn. This is a sad story to read about. Poor guy lost all his save data for something he didn’t even do, and all Nintendo told him was, “Sorry, you have to start over.”

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-new-horizons/78628192

Stuff like this and a lot of the changes I’ve heard about makes me glad I didn’t pick up a copy of New Horizons. How is the game having this much trouble and why does Nintendo keep bringing down the hammer on stuff like bug spawning. Getting rid of the duplication glitch I understand, but their whole stance on back up saves and changing how events work means this poor guy in the topic I shared can’t just load up a previous save and try and make up for what he lost.

At this point I’d rather just get my 3DS out and keep playing New Leaf whenever I get the Animal Crossing itch. Definitely not getting New Horizons anytime soon.

Nah man. Nintendo gets a free pass on that since they will be patching it in later! Anyone who loses their save file before that is at fault!

Seriously, its dumb. I would be devastated if I lost my 500+ hour Splatoon 2 file. I did lose a 25 hour BoTW file because of the lack of cloud saving. Still haven't gotten the feeling of starting it over again. My AC file is about 250 hours in the past month alone since I had nothing better to do. If I lost that, I would just give up on the game. There is no excuse for it.

Edited by Twinkie