Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Since it's already 1 January 2020 for many people, it's time to begin the hype for Animal Crossing: New Horizons with trailers and discussions!

Starting with a new trailer from Nintendo of Japan.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a lot of designs to post here. I'll spoiler tag them to avoid too much clutter Akechi Akechi (Crow) Rosalina Tsarevna Alena Maribel Mayde Gym Leader Melo

Hope this is the right place for it, but I made some Dragon Quest outfits! You can save these to your custom designs once you've unlocked the Able Sisters. You can also search my creator ID

I think I got everyone added that posted here, also added my switch code to my profile so it should show up in my info. Should I make a page like the 3DS Friend Codes page that we had for the Swi

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

My most anticipated game of 2020! Can't wait!

No kidding. And I kid you not, my cousins bought themselves a Nintendo Switch, because of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

14 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

My most anticipated game of 2020! Can't wait!

I’m looking forward to it too...but then I’m reminded of New Leaf and how I didn’t play that as much as Wild World or City Folk. I’m definitely looking forward to eventually getting New Horizons since the gameplay looks very nice and would be a great chill and play game, but I think it will be one I get later on in the year and get some impressions first.

Animal Crossing (excluding that Wii U game we shall not speak of) has never disappointed though, so I’m looking forward to New Horizons regardless of when I get it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
58 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

(excluding that Wii U game we shall not speak of)

Fun fact: a few weeks ago I was in a GameStop and they had half a dozen brand new copies, Amiibo and cards included, labeled as pre-owned for $3. Worth it for the two Amiibo.

4 hours ago, Dakhil said:

No kidding. And I kid you not, my cousins bought themselves a Nintendo Switch, because of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

That doesn't surprise me. A good friend of mine bought a Switch for Metroid Prime 4.

All he uses it for is to bring to Smash tournaments as a set up for now. He is gonna be waiting for a while yet on it.

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m looking forward to it too...but then I’m reminded of New Leaf and how I didn’t play that as much as Wild World or City Folk. I’m definitely looking forward to eventually getting New Horizons since the gameplay looks very nice and would be a great chill and play game, but I think it will be one I get later on in the year and get some impressions first.

Animal Crossing (excluding that Wii U game we shall not speak of) has never disappointed though, so I’m looking forward to New Horizons regardless of when I get it.

I didn't get too much into New Leaf as well. A big part of it has to do with the fact that I don't care much on the 3DS. Even with a good grip, I can't play it for more then 3 hours at a time unless I have it on a stand or something.

I paid full price for the Wii U game.  It wouldn't be the biggest waste of money if they didn't add the Island survival game into the 3DS game as a free patch.

49 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I didn't get too much into New Leaf as well. A big part of it has to do with the fact that I don't care much on the 3DS. Even with a good grip, I can't play it for more then 3 hours at a time unless I have it on a stand or something.

I really liked New Leaf, but the weird thing is the only time I ever really got into the game was during the middle of the summer, usually end of June/early July. At that point the only things you could do are insect hunt and fish for the rare summer bugs/sharks. I don’t think in all the years I’ve played an Animal Crossing game I’ve participated in the end of the year events other than the Acorn Festival where you can earn the special Mushroom set of items.

I really like Animal Crossing since it is a relaxing series, but for some reason I only ever seem to jump into it during the summer! Haha

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I really liked New Leaf, but the weird thing is the only time I ever really got into the game was during the middle of the summer, usually end of June/early July. At that point the only things you could do are insect hunt and fish for the rare summer bugs/sharks. I don’t think in all the years I’ve played an Animal Crossing game I’ve participated in the end of the year events other than the Acorn Festival where you can earn the special Mushroom set of items.

I really like Animal Crossing since it is a relaxing series, but for some reason I only ever seem to jump into it during the summer! Haha

I am the polar opposite. I typically play the game in Fall/Winter lol

31 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I am the polar opposite. I typically play the game in Fall/Winter lol

In that case, we’ll trade off copies during those seasons so the other can help each of us get what we miss out on. 🤪

It’s a guaranteed plan! Haha

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Same trailer as the one Nintendo of Japan released two days ago (or yesterday for some of you), but in English.

Edited by Dakhil
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooooo I didn't realize we had a thread for this. This is definitely the game I'm most looking forward to this year. Hopefully we can all check out each other's islands. I'll likely be going digital as it's the perfect game to hop on for 30 minutes, do my dailies, and move onto something else without having to switch (heh) the cartridge out every day or whenever I want to play it again.

• Like 1

I will be playing this as well, my wife has preordered it (will see if we both need a copy or not), I have been playing the mobile version since it came out (I'm almost to Level 200).

29 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I will be playing this as well, my wife has preordered it (will see if we both need a copy or not), I have been playing the mobile version since it came out (I'm almost to Level 200).

I really hope they don't base too much of it off the mobile game. From what I hear it's kind of greedy.

Yeah it can be, both in time and $$, but I don't spend any $$ on it :)

Once the game comes out I think we should all exchange our fruits and get some orchards growing right away :D

Sounds good to me

Sure, I’d be down for that....in exchange for YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOULS!!!

Or of something of equal value. The Bank of Yangus accepts cash, credit, check, or blood if you cannot provide the appropriate fruit or soul payment.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If we want to go ahead and get friend requests sent out, here’s my friend code. My user name is just Yangus. I may go ahead and get the game in March with part of my Christmas money. You guys are making me hyped for it, not gonna lie.

5432-9984-2307

If we want to go ahead and get friend requests sent out, here’s my friend code. My user name is just Yangus. I may go ahead and get the game in March with part of my Christmas money. You guys are making me hyped for it, not gonna lie.
5432-9984-2307
Done.

My Friend Code is SW-6314-5280-5921. And my user name is my real name, which just so happens to be the same real name as Woodus's real name.
  • Like 1
Just now, Dakhil said:

Done.

My Friend Code is SW-6314-5280-5921. And my user name is my real name, which just so happens to be the same real name as Woodus's real name.

Just got it. 👍

2 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I added you both. My FC is 8311-5219-3813.

Got it. 👍

• Like 1