Most Anticipated RPGs of 2020

A little different than gaming goals... what games are you looking forward to.

I mentioned a few of these in my gaming goals post, but I'm looking forward to playing:

Rune Factory 4

Bravely Default II

Persona 5 S

There are ones I need/want to get to like Dragon Quest Builders 2, but as for brand new upcoming games...

-Bravely Default II - Absolutely loved Bravely Default and liked Bravely Second enough to finish it, so I’m hoping Bravely Default II is closer in tone and style to Bravely Default. Second had some things I wasn’t a fan off, particularly the writing.

-No More Heroes III - I played both the first and second game on Switch and got a kick out of them for their ridiculousness. I have a good feeling NMH3 will be the sequel I’ve been waiting for since the end of NMH2: Desperate Struggle. I’ll probably pick up Travis Strikes Back at some point soon to help pass the time and get it into my Switch collection.

-Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC - We still don’t know who the 5th Fighters Pass character is or what other characters await in the new year, so while not a new game I’m hoping to see some exciting reveals.

There aren’t many new games coming out next year that I can think of. Only other thing that comes to mind is the DLC for Cuphead that’s been in the works for the last year or so. Like I said in another topic, it’s probably going to be another year of catch up and trying to finish games, and unless we see something like Shin Megami Tensei V actually come out or something Dragon Quest related gets released, there’s not much on the horizon I’m excited for at the moment.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

1:  Atelier:  The Dusk Trilogy.  I have them preloaded on the Switch for launch day.

2: Langrisser 1 & 2.  I preordered the special edition as soon as it was announced.  I've been wanting this one for a long time.

3: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore.  I'm least excited for this one but excited nevertheless.

Also this is a hoped for, not a guarantee, I've heard nothing for or against... but Blaster Master Zero 3 would be nice. 

• Like 1

1:  Atelier:  The Dusk Trilogy.  I have them preloaded on the Switch for launch day.

I have the DX versions already on my Vita. Sadly, they're coming to PS4 too. The problem with this is that RPGamer somehow always gets PS4 codes for Atelier games, not Switch, so when that email comes in 2 weeks asking if I want it, I'll likely pass. If they have the trilogy on Switch, I'll jump on that review. I'll play them on Vita instead.
25 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Numerically speaking, that seems highly likely.

I knew I should have been more specific on what I meant. 🤣

From the trailers we’ve seen so far I’m thinking the game will be as much fun and crazy as the past entries. Plus I’m excited Travis’s voice actor is returning once again. Robin Atkins Downes is a cool dude, and him coming back once again is really awesome.

I already mentioned Rune Factory 4 and Animal Crossing in another post.

No More Heroes III is a game I am looking forward too. I still haven't played the spinoff yet. But the trailer from this year's game awards got me more excited for it. I wasn't the biggest fan of II, but the original release was really great. Hoping the wait is well worth it.

Doom Eternal looks pretty good, but I won't be playing that game until later in the year when I get a new PC. Doom 64 is probably my favorite Doom to date. Looking forward to the re-release of that.

Might get some flak from the purists. But I think Final Fantasy VII Remake looks pretty good as well. Not sure if I will buy it at release though. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is going to be taking priority over that for me.

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition looks good. Hopefully it will help change that game from being complete garbage into a proper SF title.

Not sure on the new Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Wanna get it, but didn't bother playing through the Wii U version. Not sure if I wanna bother with a $60 port.

Trials of Mana remake has me hyped. Loved the SFC game a lot. Not really upset about the lack of multiplayer either. It just looks like a good ARPG to play.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Trials of Mana remake has me hyped. Loved the SFC game a lot. Not really upset about the lack of multiplayer either. It just looks like a good ARPG to play.

D’oh. I knew I forgot something. I’m excited for the remake of Trials of Mana too.

The only one that jumps to the front of my mind is Trials of Mana. 

Then again, I tend to be a little behind with game releases. The only ones I ever buy upon release anymore are DQ games. 

I'll mostly be playing catch-up, maybe snatching up a new-ish game here and there when they sound interesting. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cprmauldin said:

I'll mostly be playing catch-up, maybe snatching up a new-ish game here and there when they sound interesting. 

Hey, welcome to the Catch-Up Club. Let us know your jacket size and we’ll send it to you in the mail. Our group patch is a Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hey, welcome to the Catch-Up Club. Let us know your jacket size and we’ll send it to you in the mail. Our group patch is a Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking.

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

We've even got a corporate sponsorship. d898b9a9a76e44d24704ece02c1abca0.jpg

Ha! Thank you!!!

It's inviting here. I think I'll stay a while. 

• Like 1