Gaming Goals 2020

Hold up.....

....So you don't even have your 3DS anymore?
3DS isn't old enough don't worry! But I may sell off the rest of my 3ds games this year.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YES!   Well at least some. If you shoot high, worst case scenario you still get a lot done. 

Challenge modification: My original object in bringing Dragon Quest Heroes II to 100% was to provide myself with a complete list of Battle Records data (which could then be used here on the den or

Here’s my check in: 1. I’ve been working on finishing games I’ve left on my Limbo List. Breath of the Wild and all the DLC I’ve finished, finished Dragon Quest XI S except for the post game, work

Posted Images

3DS isn't old enough don't worry! But I may sell off the rest of my 3ds games this year.
Stooooop. You're making my inner collector hurt!

Me and Platty are competing to see who can sell off the most games lol.

I’ve sold a couple big money games but had a snafu with the weights of some of the packages on the shipping label and wasn’t aware of it until i handed them to the post office (I was wondering why I was charged so little). Once I know whether or not they’re gonna be sent back to me or continue on their way, I’ll start listing some more.

• Like 1
Me and Platty are competing to see who can sell off the most games lol.
I’ve sold a couple big money games but had a snafu with the weights of some of the packages on the shipping label and wasn’t aware of it until i handed them to the post office (I was wondering why I was charged so little). Once I know whether or not they’re gonna be sent back to me or continue on their way, I’ll start listing some more.
And my wife wonders why I spend so much time weighing and packing up every single thing before I even list it. Yeah, learned the hard way many many years ago.

I've been selling my games ever since I joined eBay in 1999. I have kept DQ games and that's it. Don't have anything but 3ds, PS4, and Switch games & consoles. Bought a used Wii for a bit, it won't last long, but it was basically free because I sold the games that came with it for the price I paid for the whole box.
12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

And my wife wonders why I spend so much time weighing and packing up every single thing before I even list it. Yeah, learned the hard way many many years ago.

I've been selling my games ever since I joined eBay in 1999. I have kept DQ games and that's it. Don't have anything but 3ds, PS4, and Switch games & consoles. Bought a used Wii for a bit, it won't last long, but it was basically free because I sold the games that came with it for the price I paid for the whole box.

In past experience, if I guesstimate high enough, they don’t care and send them as-is. I almost never send boxes, always bubble mailers and I’ve had no problems. Now that some of the things I’m selling are collectible and have value, those will be sent in boxes. I don’t want to spend money on a scale, to be honest. I’ve even mailed things outside of my zip code a few times, which can have an effect on the postage, and the USPS usually just sends it to my local post office and they take care of it from there.

I’m more annoyed the blue mail boxes aren’t accepting packages anymore and now I have to physically walk into the post office during my lunch break instead of dropping them off before work.

Benefits of working next to a mailroom: I just wait until USPS/UPS/FedEx comes to us.

lol there’s a guy who comes in every day to deliver and pick up our mail, but I’d feel bad giving him a bunch of small packages and a box like I brought in today. He’s too nice and polite, he would take them if I asked, even if he didn’t have space.

lol there’s a guy who comes in every day to deliver and pick up our mail, but I’d feel bad giving him a bunch of small packages and a box like I brought in today. He’s too nice and polite, he would take them if I asked, even if he didn’t have space.
Multiple boxes, yeah I wouldn't do that either. But there's really nothing wrong at all with one or two as long as it's carryable. It's common practice for them to pick up stuff.
15 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

3DS isn't old enough emoji8.png don't worry! .

Yep. 

I actually need to rotate back to it soon. I put hundreds of hours on that thing, but after examining the library I have and the library I never played, I'm thinking it probably should be in the thousands of hours. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Yep. 

I actually need to rotate back to it soon. I put hundreds of hours on that thing, but after examining the library I have and the library I never played, I'm thinking it probably should be in the thousands of hours. 

I picked up a game on it recently and, even without the 3D on, it gives me an intense headache. I don’t know why.

Mid-year checkin:

Goal 0: camp up with this after I got the Rune Factory 4 review code. Spend $0 on games for myself. I made it almost 6 months, but a mid-June purchase of Golf Story (totally worth it) blew that. I've since bought Civ VI (more about this later) and Cold Steel III.

Goal 1: I did quit Romancing SaGa 2. No plans to return to it. I've also set aside some games to have more fun with others instead of plowing through 1. Civilization VI I thought I'd like, but I'm already disinterested after a couple hours. Likely it's headed to the discard pile and ebay before I even complete the intro. Guess my city and empire building enjoyment from the early '00s is truly gone.

Goal 2: Been playing more ARPGs with my kids and myself. Rune Factory 4, Graveyard Keeper, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 have all had some good moments.

Goal 3: I did replay Rune Factory 4! And Let's Go Pikachu I avoided for the past year, but did have fun with it because I played with my son, who enjoyed it for the first time.

Here’s my check in:

1. I’ve been working on finishing games I’ve left on my Limbo List. Breath of the Wild and all the DLC I’ve finished, finished Dragon Quest XI S except for the post game, working on beating Dragon Quest Builders 1 and Fire Emblem Three Houses, and I’ve completed a number of the Indie games I have bought when they were on sale. I still have others to get through like Octopath, but all in good time.

Haven’t touched other systems I need to, but I’m just going for one console right now. Still have too much Switch stuff to play!

2. Haven’t really done anything with the podcast idea, but it’s still there and I still want to do it. Even if it’s something super simple like “Let’s talk about this series,” or switch up talking about games or movies or music. Just keep it simple and chat with folks here on the Den or with others whenever possible.

And while I didn’t mention it in my first post, I’ve done pretty good about not spending excess money on fun stuff. Most things I’ve boughten game or movie wise this year has been with Christmas/gift money, and what stuff I have boughten with money out of pocket has been on sale or was something I absolutely wanted. Been trying to do better about not spending so much on fun stuff and really weighing how much I actually want said fun item. I’ve found that I’ve been able to put extra money into my savings and cover my phone and student loan bills, so so far so good.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

And while I didn’t mention it in my first post, I’ve done pretty good about not spending excess money on fun stuff. Most things I’ve boughten game or movie wise this year has been with Christmas/gift money, and what stuff I have boughten with money out of pocket has been on sale or was something I absolutely wanted. Been trying to do better about not spending so much on fun stuff and really weighing how much I actually want said fun item. I’ve found that I’ve been able to put extra money into my savings and cover my phone and student loan bills, so so far so good.

This is a good one!

I've been trying to focus on sales and coupons too. 

• 3 months later...

I'm all over that. As much as I'm looking forward to P5S, BD2, and RF4, I'm only buying RF4 at launch. I'll get the others used for at most $30 or $40.
P5S - not even coming anytime soon if ever.

BD2 - 2021

At least Rune Factory 4 came.
On 10/31/2020 at 7:23 PM, Plattym3 said:

P5S - not even coming anytime soon if ever.

BD2 - 2021

At least Rune Factory 4 came.

Depressing Check-in :(

• Like 1