Plattym3

Gaming Goals 2020

-Complete DQ Heroes II,
-Start and finish DQ XI
-Emulate DQ Monsters 1 & 2
-Emulate Terry's Wonderland
-Finish other side games in between.

Now, the challenge: Can he actually do any of these things?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

-Complete DQ Heroes II,
-Start and finish DQ XI
-Emulate DQ Monsters 1 & 2
-Emulate Terry's Wonderland
-Finish other side games in between.

Now, the challenge: Can he actually do any of these things?

YES!

Well at least some. If you shoot high, worst case scenario you still get a lot done. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

-Complete DQ Heroes II,

Challenge modification:

My original object in bringing Dragon Quest Heroes II to 100% was to provide myself with a complete list of Battle Records data (which could then be used here on the den or the Dragon Quest wiki), but since the vast majority of that information is already on Youtube, I see no reason in dragging myself through the magic maze a few hundred times (as much as I like Erinn, I don't like her that much). What I will do instead is complete every dimensional dungeon, so that I have beaten every challenge.

Edited by Brother Jaybird
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 12:03 PM, Plattym3 said:

An interesting little goal of mine seems like it may be met now. I was toying with going a full year without buying a new video game for myself. I think with me getting the Rune Factory 4 review code, that reality may happen. Sure looking forward to Bravely Default 2 & Persona 5 Scramble, but those are things I can definitely wait to get 50% off a year down the road.

I’m doing a variant of this. I’d like to keep my yearly Breakdown in the Memory Card of my Backloggery page in the positives by the end of the year. Usually, it’s a negative number, and a high one. Keep it positive, you need to beat and complete games more then you add.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, Brother Jaybird said:
On 2/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

-Complete DQ Heroes II,

Challenge modification:

My original object in bringing Dragon Quest Heroes II to 100% was to provide myself with a complete list of Battle Records data (which could then be used here on the den or the Dragon Quest wiki), but since the vast majority of that information is already on Youtube, I see no reason in dragging myself through the magic maze a few hundred times (as much as I like Erinn, I don't like her that much). What I will do instead is complete every dimensional dungeon, so that I have beaten every challenge.

Challenge modification:

Forget the foul fortress. I'm not running around with basic AI support chasing down dozens of endgame formidables in a ridiculous tower defense mission. And I won't fight the Dread and Devastating Dragonlords, which is just an endurance fest. These are challenges for multiplayer, and I'm messing around on a laggy, inadequate, non-gaming laptop. As far as I'm concerned, defeating the Dragonlord once counts for all three.

Incidentally:

20200218144242_1.thumb.jpg.374cd624c2f8a51a67c7f66784bc3d1c.jpg

So that's Heroes II finished!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So...I'm loving gaming again this year. 

Like really loving it. And when I love something, I squeeze it in, even when my schedule is busy.

DQ XI : S  and Diablo III both completed since the beginning of the year. Now lets see if I can do the same with Rune Factory 4, DQB, and Trials of Mana (collection of mana), even though I've got a baby on the way AND I work 50-60 hours a week. 

Wooooo!!! No Sleep here I come!!!!

Edited by cprmauldin
  • Like 1