Dakhil

"Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai new game project and anime announced"

Yeah, people really need to experience that scene where Nera suplexes Bianca for the Hero’s hand in marriage for themselves.

29 minutes ago, eal said:

Yeah, people really need to experience that scene where Nera suplexes Bianca for the Hero’s hand in marriage for themselves.

It was nice of them to include John Cena’s theme song in that scene as well. Sugiyama put an interesting twist to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It was nice of them to include John Cena’s theme song in that scene as well. Sugiyama put an interesting twist to it.

Fun fact: there was a visual cameo for John Cena’s hat, that being Saber’s spots resembling the letters and symbols. And when the Hero is covering his face from a big magical spell, the way he puts his hand up in front of face is an homage to John Cena.

I hope we get the whole uncut Japanese scene with the gratuitous upskirt shits.

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, eal said:

Ew. Did not realize you were in to that. I have a completely different view of you now. 😂

14 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, eal said:

3 minutes ago, GrandAlchemist said:

Ew. Did not realize you were in to that. I have a completely different view of you now. 😂

Everyone has their fetishes, I guess. 🤣

Ew. Did not realize you were in to that. I have a completely different view of you now.
I mean I ordered Moero Chronicle from Limitedrungames.com

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:
Ew. Did not realize you were in to that. I have a completely different view of you now. emoji23.png

I dare you to play it on your Switch at work.

• Like 1

I do this with DQX quite a bit.
  • Like 1

Ew. Did not realize you were in to that. I have a completely different view of you now. emoji23.png

Why?

I have that game on my Steam library for all to see. Some of my old coworkers I have added on Steam will see it. No shame.

I also had Senran Kagura: Peach Ball on the front of my list of Switch games in the menu. So everytime someone had to change controller options in the menu they had to see that the Switch was owned by me. Probably at least 30+ people seen it.

One guy had his Switch dock covered in cat girl stickers. I wasn't the only one with no shame. Just gotta live up to it I suppose.

• Like 1

Why?
Had multiple people tell me it was a decent DRPG. Not like we're going to see another Etrian Odyssey game anytime soon.

44 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
55 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Why?

Had multiple people tell me it was a decent DRPG. Not like we're going to see another Etrian Odyssey game anytime soon.

Well we won’t with that attitude.

• Like 1

I still need to read the original Dai no Daibouken manga. I read most of Beet the Vandel Buster (same artist, I dunno about the writer), which was put on hiatus once the artist injured his hand.

55 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

I still need to read the original Dai no Daibouken manga. I read most of Beet the Vandel Buster (same artist, I dunno about the writer), which was put on hiatus once the artist injured his hand.

Beet the Vandel Buster came back a couple years ago btw.

Haha. I had to order it physical so when the kids play, they can't just click on it.

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, eal said:

Haha. I had to order it physical so when the kids play, they can't just click on it.

Imagine spending an extra $10 on a game so your kids don’t play it on accident.

Doesn’t the Switch have parental controls.

Imagine spending an extra $10 on a game so your kids don’t play it on accident.
Doesn’t the Switch have parental controls.
I'm sure it does, but I also want to sell it when I'm done too. I sell all my games. Just sold off a bunch last month for over $300. I have no nostalgia for #$*! and a huge enough digital backlog. I may own 4 or 5 physical games right now that aren't DQ or my kids Mario ones.

That SFX though...Moero Chronicles would be a bit much for me.  How is it?

As per Dai.  Someone mentioned Action RPG.  I have to agree.  Though take some notes from Fantasy Life, and the combo system Fantasy Life uses.  It's really well done having multiple combos with a single button, just based on sequencing.  I like the spawn rate in Fantasy Life, and Builders 2.  So keeping with that would be a nice touch.  Then some extra buttons for quick spells, and comboing with L and R buttons for skills and extra spells, or Co-Op attacks (make it a button prompt within a window of time, after a charge bar fills up, like in Builders 2...that might work better).  I guess what I'm saying is, the game DQ9 was supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm liking the idea of a more practical and normal ARPG, on the Switch (and PS4)!

3 hours ago, eal said:

Beet the Vandel Buster came back a couple years ago btw.

Did it really? Well, clearly I haven't been paying attention. Thanks for the tip!

5 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Did it really? Well, clearly I haven't been paying attention. Thanks for the tip!

Only like 2 volumes in 3 years. Viz hasn’t even bothered bringing it back in English.

That SFX though...Moero Chronicles would be a bit much for me.  How is it?

None of that stuff bothers me, maybe I'm too jaded. It's like a joke, I chuckle a lot. How is it? No clue, won't ship for like 2-3 months. But a couple people I typically sync up with nicely at RPGamer really liked it and the battle system, and I was ordering Mary Skelter at the time too, so... why not? If it's Meh, I sell it for half I paid and move on.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

None of that stuff bothers me, maybe I'm too jaded. It's like a joke, I chuckle a lot. How is it? No clue, won't ship for like 2-3 months. But a couple people I typically sync up with nicely at RPGamer really liked it and the battle system, and I was ordering Mary Skelter at the time too, so... why not? If it's Meh, I sell it for half I paid and move on.

What Platty’s not telling us is that he ordered the special full wall poster for the Moero game and will make it part of his morning ritual. Kind of like this at the tail end of the video:

• Like 2

I DO so hope we can get a complete and competently managed Dragon Quest anime in the West through some official channels for once.  "Dragon Warrior" on TV at 6 in the morning in the 90s on saturdays was a good lark, but we need some serious mass media love over here for this sort of thing!

Heck, if we're in a pop culture climate that welcomes so many eastern properties, now more than ever is the time we stand a chance to get Dragon Quest anime over here.

33 minutes ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

I DO so hope we can get a complete and competently managed Dragon Quest anime in the West through some official channels for once.  "Dragon Warrior" on TV at 6 in the morning in the 90s on saturdays was a good lark, but we need some serious mass media love over here for this sort of thing!

Heck, if we're in a pop culture climate that welcomes so many eastern properties, now more than ever is the time we stand a chance to get Dragon Quest anime over here.

The only distributor I’m worried will get it is Aniplex USA. Don’t wanna pay $80 for 12 episodes. Funimation is preferred. There’s a good chance it’ll get a solid dub within a few weeks of coming airing in Japanese and we could get a decent Limited Edition within a year, year and a half.

• Like 2