Dakhil

"Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai new game project and anime announced"

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/dragon-quest-the-adventure-of-dai-new-game-project-and-anime-announced

DQ-Dai-Daibouken_12-20-19.jpg

Square Enix has announced a new game project based on the Weekly Shonen Jump manga Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, which ran from 1989 to 1996 and has since sold over 47 million copies. Additionally, Toei Animation announced a new anime based on the series set to premiere in fall 2020.

The Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai game is developed by Square Enix and produced by Ryutaro Ichimura. Platforms were not announced, but when guest Daigo asked if it was an app (smartphone title), Dragon Quest series creator and game designer Yuji Horii responded, "Are we allowed to say what hardware?" In response to that exchange, Ichimura said, "Once you say hardware and such, it's basically given away… Whether it's an app or what hardware it's on really shouldn't be brought up."

Watch a teaser trailer for the anime project below. Visit the anime teaser website here.

Thanks, Games Talk.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After I saw Dai in Jump Force I know Square and Sheishua had worked something out so they could make money with it again.

This is really exciting. 

By the way I hope the game is a RPG.

Edited by Billy MK

Heck yeah! Super excited. Hoping it gets official subs and leads to the original getting subbed.

Edit: Oh, they even put the English title in the video, interesting.

Edited by Chris

I've wanted to see this for ages.

Neat.

We’ll at least get the anime. I can’t even think of the last anime we didn’t get, no matter how obscure. I’m also 90% confident it’ll end up in Funimation’s hands.

Awyiss

Is Dai the better of the two anime? I liked Abel's series quite a lot and given how much I like Dragon Quest (I watched Abel specifically cause it was Dragon Quest, I don't normally watch anime) so I was wondering if this one was worth it.

The fact that there is English in the description of the Youtube official trailer is it will be released worldwide.

1989年~1996年に週刊少年ジャンプにて連載していた「ドラゴンクエスト ダイの大冒険」。 2020年 秋、完全新作アニメ化決定! "DRAGON QUEST: The Adventure of Dai", the internationally popular manga which ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump from 1989 to 1996. Brand new anime in Fall 2020 is confirmed!

Not confirmed, but hinted at anyway.

Edited by DranzerX13

I kinda hope the game is going to be an action-RPG. The battles in the anime and manga are so impressive, going to a turn-based RPG would be quite less entertaining. 

Plus, since it's a spin-off, that wouldn't be too bad. 

Like, something akin to KH (with AI allies) would be neat. But without KH's QTE and writing. 

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Yay?

You need to show enthusiasm like the cannon mini-game guy from Zelda: The Wind Waker.

spacer.png

But I’m kind of in the same boat as you. Cool to see new Dragon Quest related news, not really sure how excited to be since we may or may not get it. 

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

You need to show enthusiasm like the cannon mini-game guy from Zelda: The Wind Waker.
gpSpNf5.gif

But I’m kind of in the same boat as you. Cool to see new Dragon Quest related news, not really sure how excited to be since we may or may not get it. 
You know what I think? cac09d9a136bd872c42962993bb7078d.jpg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I feel wrong that I can't help but hear the "Quest transgressed with finesse" jingle when I see that pessimistic ink come down.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll ever get Dragon Quest: Your Story. It's practically a done deal after DQV's novelist suing the production committee over the movie.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:22 AM, Xiggy said:

I kinda hope the game is going to be an action-RPG. The battles in the anime and manga are so impressive, going to a turn-based RPG would be quite less entertaining. 

Plus, since it's a spin-off, that wouldn't be too bad. 

Like, something akin to KH (with AI allies) would be neat. But without KH's QTE and writing. 

I was thinking along the lines of the DQ Heroes games when I heard the announcement.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2019 at 3:08 AM, Plattym3 said:

You never know, itMightBeComing.png.bb5ddff48b0eb874a179c48ae1ae147c.png.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, Slimeknight said:

We still haven’t got Dragon Quest Your Story yet.

Is... is there any substantial audience demand for it? Pretty sure that trashy twist ending kind of ruined it for everyone except professional whiners critics.

12 hours ago, DranzerX13 said:

I don't think we'll ever get Dragon Quest: Your Story. It's practically a done deal after DQV's novelist suing the production committee over the movie.

See? Even the novelist doesn't want it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

You never know, itSee? Even the novelist doesn't want it.

It’s the opposite. She was mad because the movie supposedly used character names she created without her permission.

1 hour ago, eal said:

It’s the opposite. She was mad because the movie supposedly used character names she created without her permission.

Joke Explaining Time: I was pretending that the reason the novelist was suing was because she didn't want the movie to exist, which in real life would be ridiculous and petty. I figured she was suing for something more reasonable, but said otherwise for the sake of the joke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Joke Explaining Time: I was pretending that the reason the novelist was suing was because she didn't want the movie to exist, which in real life would be ridiculous and petty. I figured she was suing for something more reasonable, but said otherwise for the sake of the joke.

I know what your joke was. I just wanted to sandbag it ;)

11 minutes ago, eal said:

I know what your joke was. I just wanted to spacer.pngit ;)

I’m sorry. Smash being on the brain made me go for the joke.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I would be excited for Your Story if it was announced for USA.  Please don’t spoil anymore because I have yet to see it and it’s still not available here.