Sign in to follow this  
NeoMasterZX

Bothersome Baramos Battles (DQ3)

Is Baramos typically such a difficult fight for first time players or am I just particularly unlucky/bad at the game? I got to Baramos the first time with my party in the mid to late 30s, and he just tore me apart. On my winning attempt I just decided to roll the dice on putting him to sleep, which worked despite my history with random chance. Eventually I worked my way through Charlock and got to Soul of Baramos, and had very much the same issues. Hell, when I finally beat the game I decided Zoma gave me less trouble than either Baramos did. (Not counting the Bones of Baramos, he's a breather boss for a well prepared party)

Don't specifically recall it being super hard, but it's been many many many years. You're definitely not alone in that though, he's been complained about for decades around here. Haha, I'm so going back a LONG way, but what user was it that used to call him Comrade Creepezoid or something like that?

I wouldn't know about that, I only joined these here forums just the other day, and only got into DQ in the last year or so. But already Baramos has become my "best frenemy" as it is. I love his design (then again, I have yet to see any DQ monster design I don't like) but good lord he annoys me so much. Hell, it's a meme between me and some friends.

• Like 1

I don't recall ever having a rough time with Baramos. Perhaps you have been unlucky or using suboptimal tactics?

I was mainly oomphin' my Hero and Soldier, while my Priest was Multihealing and my Mage was trying to Fizzle after she did the oomphs. In the end I got lucky and Snoozed him, and that's how I won.