One of my other favorite things other than video games are sports. I'm not sure how many sports fans we have on the Den but I've seen Platty talk about his stupid favorite hockey team and football before. Feel free to talk about your favorite teams, sports, and sporting related current events here. I'm based in New England so my favorite teams are the Red Sox and Bruins. The Bruins are going to win the Stanley Cup (like they should've last year) and the Red Sox will continue to disappoint me for years to come after they fail to resign Mookie Betts.

I hate sports but that’s just me. I find watching them o TV boring. If I’m watching in person it’s more interesting. 

You’d think sports fans and geeks would make for natural allies since being a sports fanatic is literally the same thing as caring about, say, comics or something. But the only time I see the two intersect is with wrestling. Lots of wrestling fans or athletes are fans of video games and anime and stuff.

@DrippySlimeStar and I are somewhat opposed on sports. Stupid Bruins. Stupid Red Sox (Rays UP!)

Don't know if we agree on the Patriots. I was a Pats fan from the day they drafted Bledsoe. Then I married a into a Bostonian family. Pats and Bucs have no bad blood. That's like bugs vs. windshields. So, easy enough to root for both, although Bucs are my #1. My grandparents had season tickets since the beginning and I was going to games 6th row on the 50 since before I could remember. Nowadays I'm up in the upper deck, but only the 3rd row, with a great view of the field from the 35. Keeping the family tradition.

Football is all I really watch regularly.

Love World Cup soccer.
Love playoff baseball and hockey (their regular seasons are too long to watch anything else)

Mainly I enjoy sports that matter. 1 game of 162 in baseball is pointless. Every football game carries so much weight!

I think football is the most boring sport. Like more than baseball. At least with baseball I can put it on in the background and do something else. I do dislike Pats fans though. We'll see how many of them are around in 5 years when the team is irrelevant. I'll always hate the Rays for 2008 and 2011 and all 12 fans that show up to games. 

• Like 1

I think football is the most boring sport. Like more than baseball. At least with baseball I can put it on in the background and do something else. I do dislike Pats fans though. We'll see how many of them are around in 5 years when the team is irrelevant. I'll always hate the Rays for 2008 and 2011 and all 12 fans that show up to games. 
Ah, 2008. Great year. I was in Tampa for a Bucs game the night they knocked off the Red Sox in Game 7. Was back there a few nights later for the only World Series game they won. Kid in front of me caught a home run ball.

I don’t care much about sports. I’ll watch football when the Minnesota Vikings or Iowa Hawkeyes are playing and will watch the Chicago Blackhawks when they have a hockey game, but otherwise, don’t know who plays for what team, don’t care to find out.

I do play golf every now and then when the weather is nice (and no, it’s not just an excuse to drink a lot of beer like so many other people do) and enjoy going to hockey games in person, but that’s about it.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Ah, 2008. Great year. I was in Tampa for a Bucs game the night they knocked off the Red Sox in Game 7. Was back there a few nights later for the only World Series game they won. Kid in front of me caught a home run ball.

Do you remember how much each ticket was? I remember looking in 2018 at World Series tickets for the Red Sox and for ~$200 each you could get a seat at the very back of center field over 500 feet away from home plate. I hate the Red Sox ownership. Bruins tickets are $80 a piece for weekday nosebleeds and you're looking at ~$120 for weekend games (also nosebleeds). 

Do you remember how much each ticket was? I remember looking in 2018 at World Series tickets for the Red Sox and for ~$200 each you could get a seat at the very back of center field over 500 feet away from home plate. I hate the Red Sox ownership. Bruins tickets are $80 a piece for weekday nosebleeds and you're looking at ~$120 for weekend games (also nosebleeds). 
Yes, right around $200 that year, tops $220. I was in the outfield, row W, but with the wall really that was like 5th or 6th row up.

It begins.

We are doomed.

1 hour ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

It begins.

We are doomed.

I predict it'll just be me and Platty talking for a little bit and a random user may drop in every now and then. 

I don't watch sports on a regular basis. But I have watched more Football this year than prior years because my older son wanted to try a Fantasy Football league so that was fun even though I came in last, when we did auction leagues at work I did pretty well, but my auto-draft didn't go well >.<.

I play golf, my kids are big bowlers (they both have 190-200 averages at the moment) so I watch them bowl every week. I will watch my college BB and FB teams when they are on and I can catch them, and watch the Super Bowl each year (more of an excuse to get together with the neighbors and have drinks and food), will watch the NCAA tourney as well each year.

• Like 1

I like bowling but I'm awful at it. My first game is usually bad, second is a little better, and by the end of the night I'm tired as hell and I'm throwing a ton of gutter balls.

Yeah, I don't bowl regularly and I cannot curve the ball the way my kids do, so I usually get beat pretty badly, I my high game a couple weeks ago was a 135 or so

51 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Yeah, I don't bowl regularly and I cannot curve the ball the way my kids do, so I usually get beat pretty badly, I my high game a couple weeks ago was a 135 or so

I’m bad at bowling too. I like it, but as you said, I can’t curve the ball very well.

Having said that, can you say you’re good at bowling if you do alright at Wii Sports Bowling? 🤣

Bowling! Yeah, I had that over 200 average in high school into my late 20s. Not so much anymore. Haven't been in a league for like 14 years now.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Bowling! Yeah, I had that over 200 average in high school into my late 20s. Not so much anymore. Haven't been in a league for like 14 years now.

How heavy were your balls? ;)

Full weight, they tell the kids to stop at 15 now, that the extra pound doesn't help that much more.

45 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Full weight, they tell the kids to stop at 15 now, that the extra pound doesn't help that much more.

Interesting. Yeah, I've been out of the loop so long.  

13 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I can barely throw a 10 pound ball.

Well a lot of it depends on if the ball is drilled to fit your hand properly, I could probably throw a 14-15 if I had one drilled, but only throw a 12-13 because I cannot get  a good fit. Plus a custom ball usually has rubber tips for grip for your fingers.

• Like 1

I always forget that bowling counts as a sport. I don't watch, but I enjoy a game of bowling sometimes.

12 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I always forget that bowling counts as a sport.

That is the way the athletic department of our school treats it too :P

14 minutes ago, Woodus said:

That is the way the athletic department of our school treats it too :P

We had a friggin fishing team a my high school

1 minute ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

We had a friggin fishing team a my high school

I know we have a trap shooting team, but I don't think we have a fishing team. :)