Sign in to follow this  
ignasia

Famitsu looking for fan feedback, including International fans who've played DQ11 and DQ11S

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201912/11188695.html

This is a limited time.  Until sometime late tomorrow, probably 10 PM.  I didn't catch the exact cut-off date, but it's December 13th, sometime mid-day in Japan, and there's a 14~17 hour gap in time with us, depending on West Coast (17 hours behind), and East Coast (14 hours behind).

So if it's 12pm December 13th in Japan, it will be 10pm East Coast December 12th (tomorrow) to 7pm West Coast December 12th.

Edited by ignasia

Ah, yes. Got to that yesterday. Begged for an offline version of DQX so I never have to do MMO crap.

• Like 3

I’m glad this got posted here too.  

• Like 2

I already did the questionnaire thanks to the announcement topic for it.

https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/39567-famitsu-dragon-quest-survey/

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I already did the questionnaire thanks to the announcement topic for it.

https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/39567-famitsu-dragon-quest-survey/

Missed that, lol, Oops.   I always forget to check announcements.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Missed that, lol, Oops.   I always forget to check announcements.

No worries. It’s better to have this Famitsu questionnaire posted everywhere we can to try and let the Japanese know how much we love DQ here in the west.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

https://japanesenintendo.com/2019/12/25/sylvando-tops-dragon-quest-xi-character-poll/

sylvando-screen.jpg

SYLVANDO TOPS DRAGON QUEST XI CHARACTER POLL

From the recent user survey in Weekly Famitsu magazine (Issue No.1622) where 4,222 overseas players answered a number of questions related to Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition (and the PS4/Steam versions). Here are the top five characters:- Sylvando (1,156), Erik (774), Jade (606), Veronica (506), and The Luminary (286).

Was there ever any doubt Sylvando would be the favorite, darlings? 😘

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Was there ever any doubt Sylvando would be the favorite, darlings? 😘

He IS pretty amazing!  Erik's a good 2nd place runner.  Erik's accent reminds me of my father-in-law, who's a born and bred New Yorker.  I love Erik's new costume in 11S, the Wolf Wear is very striking.

• Like 1

Wow it was a total blowout at that.

I loved 11. It was beautiful and felt like a return to rpg gaming that sucked me in. Especially after ff15 beimg a snoozefest. My only wish would have been to bring back the over world map. 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:57 AM, The Dog of Zahan said:

He IS pretty amazing!  Erik's a good 2nd place runner.  Erik's accent reminds me of my father-in-law, who's a born and bred New Yorker.  I love Erik's new costume in 11S, the Wolf Wear is very striking.

Erik's costumes are damn good. Especially the Wolf Wear.

Just a bit sad he isn't a better overall character in the game.

Edited by Twinkie

39 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Divide + Dual Falcon Swords in Act 1.  Granted that's near the end, but it's output is higher than anyone else's, even factoring in the rounds used to cast Divide.  Unless heavy seed farming was done for Strength seeds for the Hero and/or Jade.  Dagger output is good, but of course...setup, and it's not worth the effort.

Act 2, Boomerangs are king as his best two are found midway.  Though he can actually output really good Dagger damage at this point.  That he gains access to a full-powered backhand hit is certainly helpful (and for awhile assures dual Falcon Swords remains very solid damage).

Act 3 = God Mode, and given bosses now have over 3k HP on average, he becomes the best two-round boss killer.  A little seed farming and he can two-round kill the bonus bosses with Daggers or Boomerangs.  If you can set-up with Wild Side on the first round (with a supped up Agility seeded Serena), it can be done in one-round.  Fatal Flash can if the element is correct and he gets more than 5 crits on his attack round.

Edited by ignasia

2 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I’m not going to try and match what Iggy posted, but Erik is one of the highest damage dealing characters in the game. Daggers can give Erik some really good damage early on thanks to the sleep and poison related skills, and later on you can earn stuff like Divide, Dual Wielding, and so forth. On the PS4 version I had him use dual falcon swords at one point and combining that with Divide and his good critical hit chances and he was dishing out some serious damage.

Or are you talking about his part in the story/character development? I know you don’t look into party chat so that’s out, but is there something in the cutscenes that rubs you the wrong way on the character or something?

42 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m not going to try and match what Iggy posted, but Erik is one of the highest damage dealing characters in the game. Daggers can give Erik some really good damage early on thanks to the sleep and poison related skills, and later on you can earn stuff like Divide, Dual Wielding, and so forth. On the PS4 version I had him use dual falcon swords at one point and combining that with Divide and his good critical hit chances and he was dishing out some serious damage.

Or are you talking about his part in the story/character development? I know you don’t look into party chat so that’s out, but is there something in the cutscenes that rubs you the wrong way on the character or something?

Guess I should have been more exact on that. Has nothing to do with his character. I actually really like him as a character.

His dagger set up is annoying since I am not a fan of missing status afflictions. Especially when you play full draconic where you are most likely going to waste time from unforgiving RNG. Nothing infuriates me more then taking several turns on a set something up, only for it to fail from RNG. Which is always going to happen on full draconic. Boomerangs are good, but I didn't use them that much later on.

I also do not like MP hungry characters in general.

I didn't mind him in my party. But even on default difficulty his playstyle really isn't my thing. Throw in full draconic and I am discouraged to play him even more. After you get more party members, I just end up using him as a backup strategy or for metal slime grinding. I rather make party members tankier to survive and help deal more damage then doing set ups like that. It feels more consistent which is how I like to play. If that makes any sense.

Love the character, but his style isn't fun for me on draconic.

Edited by Twinkie