Hi. Just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I've known about this site for quite a while now, but didn't decide to join until I started listening to the Slime Time podcast.

I've been a fan of the Dragon Warrior/Quest series for 18 or so years and the Game Boy Color remake of Dragon Warrior/Quest III was my introduction. My oldest sister got the game along with the Prima strategy guide I assume either for Xmas or her birthday and I remember always looking through the guide at all the artwork for the monsters and equipment. It wouldn't be sometime though until I actually played or even finished a DQ game; III was my sister's game, so I couldn't play it and later when she got VIII I didn't play it either, but mainly because I was watching her play the game (and also looking through VIII's official strategy guide) and busy with Pokemon. Later though once she finished VIII, I started playing it and once I beat it, I was interested in playing the other DQ games starting with Rocket Slime which I loved. Since then, I've played and beaten every main game in the series (except for X for obvious reasons and IX) and played a few of the side games. My favorite Dragon Quest game is V and my favorite spin off game is Rocket Slime.

Other than the Dragon Quest series, I also enjoy other game series like Mega Man, Mario, Picross, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Rayman, and in general like to play a mix of random retro and modern games.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Den, hope you enjoy it here with us :)

Welcome to the Den! Have a fishystickdc5663809c0145402fb8ebb1dd63fe45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 1:24 AM, MegaSilverX1 said:

Other than the Dragon Quest series, I also enjoy other game series like Mega Man, Mario, Picross, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Rayman, and in general like to play a mix of random retro and modern games.

That's me, also!  Welcome!  I'm back from a long absence, myself.  I'm glad to have you around!

I've been playing Dragon Quest games since it was Dragon Warrior on the NES in 1989, and with help from my forum avatar, an NPC from DQ2, I never let anyone forget it either.

:D

What's your favorite Mega Man title, and what's your favorite Kid Icarus Uprising weapon?

• Like 2
On 12/22/2019 at 1:08 PM, The Dog of Zahan said:

What's your favorite Mega Man title, and what's your favorite Kid Icarus Uprising weapon?

My favorite Mega Man game would have to be Mega Man X4, but I also really like Mega Man X, Mega Man IV GB, Mega Man V GB, and Mega Man 10 to name a few. As for my favorite weapon in Uprising, its been a while since I played the game, but I remember liking the orbitar weapons a lot.

Hey, welcome to the Den! Watch your step, don't fall off the thread, and you'll do fine.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:05 PM, Democrobot said:

We maim

maim

MAIM

WAIT WHEN DID THIS CHANGE

On 12/6/2019 at 10:24 PM, MegaSilverX1 said:

I've been a fan of the Dragon Warrior/Quest series for 18 or so years and the Game Boy Color remake of Dragon Warrior/Quest III was my introduction. My oldest sister got the game along with the Prima strategy guide I assume either for Xmas or her birthday and I remember always looking through the guide at all the artwork for the monsters and equipment. It wouldn't be sometime though until I actually played or even finished a DQ game; III was my sister's game, so I couldn't play it and later when she got VIII I didn't play it either, but mainly because I was watching her play the game (and also looking through VIII's official strategy guide) and busy with Pokemon. Later though once she finished VIII, I started playing it and once I beat it, I was interested in playing the other DQ games starting with Rocket Slime which I loved. Since then, I've played and beaten every main game in the series (except for X for obvious reasons and IX) and played a few of the side games. My favorite Dragon Quest game is V and my favorite spin off game is Rocket Slime.

What a coincidence! My first introduction to the series was a multi-page section in a Nintendo Power magazine (Mario Tennis cover) that was covering the compilation rerelease for the GBC -- with lots of cool Akira Toriyama art to look through as well. My first actual game was VIII on the PS2, which I'd been interested in since I got to play the demo for VIII also courtesy of Nintendo Power. I played Rocket Slime on the DS afterwards and it's still a good choice.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:50 AM, MegaSilverX1 said:

My favorite Mega Man game would have to be Mega Man X4, but I also really like Mega Man X, Mega Man IV GB, Mega Man V GB, and Mega Man 10 to name a few. As for my favorite weapon in Uprising, its been a while since I played the game, but I remember liking the orbitar weapons a lot.

X4 is a fine one, voice acting aside!  First time Zero and X were fully playable in their own campaigns!  MM5GB is a great step sideways out of the normal naming conventions and introduced a neat mechanic in the Mega Arm that took the series out of it's established comfort zone, and I respected the Heck out of it!  MM10 and 11 are my favorite non-NES titles in the series.  MM11 did a GREAT job picking up the ball and making Mega Man viable again!

As far as Kid Icarus Uprising goes, my top weapons are the Aquarius Sword and the Phosphora Bow.

• Like 1