Jump to content
Erdrick The Hero

DQHI•II Switch coming West?

Recommended Posts

13:52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  Meh though, not really interested unless they've added local co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the game doesn't exactly have great performance (and I highly doubt it's going to get better considering we're talking about Omega Force here, who's infamous for making very questionable decisions in terms of optimisation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Nice!  Meh though, not really interested unless they've added local co-op.

I haven't touched DQH1 in years, hardly even gave DQH2 a look. I'd be much more inclined to play if I had it with me wherever I go. (That said, they aren't my top priority, I've got to finish XIS in both modes first, and I haven't even played that in a bit. Been on a shooter binge lately, which is oddly peculiar as I normally don't enjoy FPS games that much.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I haven't touched DQH1 in years, hardly even gave DQH2 a look. I'd be much more inclined to play if I had it with me wherever I go. (That said, they aren't my top priority, I've got to finish XIS in both modes first, and I haven't even played that in a bit. Been on a shooter binge lately, which is oddly peculiar as I normally don't enjoy FPS games that much.)
Kinda in the same boat. DQXI S came too soon. I'll get back to it next year, I'm a little DQ'd out after so much lately and I already put 100 hours into each DQH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
5 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:
I haven't touched DQH1 in years, hardly even gave DQH2 a look. I'd be much more inclined to play if I had it with me wherever I go. (That said, they aren't my top priority, I've got to finish XIS in both modes first, and I haven't even played that in a bit. Been on a shooter binge lately, which is oddly peculiar as I normally don't enjoy FPS games that much.)

Kinda in the same boat. DQXI S came too soon. I'll get back to it next year, I'm a little DQ'd out after so much lately and I already put 100 hours into each DQH.

This is not a bad problem to be having.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really did enjoy both games, like a lot. 

That being said, I may have too much on my plate to completely replay them on the Switch anytime soon. 

...Maybe after a big ol price drop, I'll swoop them up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, I found a listing for Dragon Quest Heroes I & II on Nintendo Switch at GameStop. There's a chance, of course, that Dragon Quest Heroes I & II is still not coming outside of Japan. But I thought I'd share it for those interested.

Edited by Dakhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dakhil said:

So, I found a listing for Dragon Quest Heroes I & II on Nintendo Switch at GameStop. There's a chance, of course, that Dragon Quest Heroes I & II is still not coming outside of Japan. But I thought I'd share it for those interested.

Goddamn conspiracy to crack down on website info.  The lack of a metadata option is bloody frustrating in the modern age.

Anyway, the source code for the page itself does not indicate the upload date anywhere.  However, it does have the cursor date, which is present on the page if you scroll down a bit, of 12/31/2020.

If Gamestop is putting that up, and it's available to see, then they've already worked out the logistics of cost based on the "new" price, which will almost certainly be be $59.99 based on a $54.99 used.  That means it's legit and verified as a greenlit release.  Doesn't mean it will happen though.  Games do get cancelled, and being a full sized cart.  They might pull an FFX+X-2 with us and go 16GB cart with half the game as a download to improve profit margins...that's actually very likely, as SE has 4 of the 5 games that have so far used 32GB carts, Witcher 3 being the 5th, other companies have used card stacking of 16 and 8 to allow for higher volume while being cheaper, or heavier, so it's still very expensive.

The German game seller already has a good rep for what games get put on their system and revealed early.

=====

There's also a good chance, and this was brought up by BenXC on the DQBuilders reddit, but almost 30% of all in-game assets for DQB2 (actually closer to 40%), are fully functional and built around post-game objectives and build functionality.  Including a full scale, fully fleshed out Zoma, a battle island called the Battle Atol (puntastic ain't it?).  Including a full set of very specified cards.  A good 150+ unique blocks from DQB1 that aren't used, but are in the code, and some other bits, like extra fish that aren't in the final product, several of which have fully fleshed out models.

Plus, a lot of was added and unlocked well after the director quit.  So I wonder if SE is gearing up for some DQ reveals in early 2020, to keep up DQ momentum.  This would be a good pick to continue keeping DQ in the limelight in the West especially, through to the Dai remaster release, then the Dai game.  Then Dragon Quest Monsters, Erik's journey.  Then maybe even Dragon Quest 10 in some format (I'm dead serious, I think this was planned the moment after DQ11 pre-order numbers came in, and SE realized profits were higher than DQ9, as well as sales and total revenue, and DQ9 was a slight step above DQ8 in the long-run, a huge step above it in the short run, potentially more than doubling DQ8's initial release numbers in the US, though we have no hard DQ8 initial sales data to properly compare, but at least 70% higher than DQ8's first week and first month).

They have to keep up momentum, even in small ways, to generate continued interest and sales over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is worth noting that a lot of people are assuming a Nintendo Direct is coming due to GameStop putting up a lot of placeholders for the Switch or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ignasia said:

If Gamestop is putting that up, and it's available to see, then they've already worked out the logistics of cost based on the "new" price, which will almost certainly be be $59.99 based on a $54.99 used.  That means it's legit and verified as a greenlit release.  Doesn't mean it will happen though.  Games do get cancelled, and being a full sized cart.  They might pull an FFX+X-2 with us and go 16GB cart with half the game as a download to improve profit margins...that's actually very likely, as SE has 4 of the 5 games that have so far used 32GB carts, Witcher 3 being the 5th, other companies have used card stacking of 16 and 8 to allow for higher volume while being cheaper, or heavier, so it's still very expensive.

Well, we have no idea if Nintendo or Square Enix is going to be publishing Dragon Quest Heroes I & II outside of Japan if Dragon Quest Heroes I & II is indeed releasing outside of Japan. If Nintendo's the publisher of Dragon Quest Heroes I & II, then Nintendo might use the 32 GB cartridge for Dragon Quest Heroes I & II and eat up the cost of using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eal said:

It is worth noting that a lot of people are assuming a Nintendo Direct is coming due to GameStop putting up a lot of placeholders for the Switch or something.

Oh, I definitely see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Oh, I definitely see that happening.

Yeah. With one more month before the end date of the Smash Ultimate Fighters Pass, there’s no doubt Nintendo will have a Direct this month to show off some new games and the final Pass character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah. With one more month before the end date of the Smash Ultimate Fighters Pass, there’s no doubt Nintendo will have a Direct this month to show off some new games and the final Pass character.

Sounds plausible to me.  I DO wish DQH 1+2 were out in the states already.  Still, whether that happens or not, the prospect of a Direct sounds lovely to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This also gives me hopes for a Itadaki Street 30th anniversary localization as well since both games came out in 2017 and Healix is also on IS.

If i 30th anniversary doesn't get localized i hope the next Itadaki Street game does at very least.

 

Heroes 3 is also aparently unlikely at the moment if we go with that interview.

Edited by Stuner50
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 11:35 AM, ignasia said:

Then maybe even Dragon Quest 10 in some format (I'm dead serious, I think this was planned the moment after DQ11 pre-order numbers came in, and SE realized profits were higher than DQ9, as well as sales and total revenue, and DQ9 was a slight step above DQ8 in the long-run, a huge step above it in the short run, potentially more than doubling DQ8's initial release numbers in the US, though we have no hard DQ8 initial sales data to properly compare, but at least 70% higher than DQ8's first week and first month).

I'm blaming you if my hopes and dreams are crushed to dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 7:32 AM, Plattym3 said:

 Still, no co-op, no buy for me.

Also, no co-op, and the final boss of the Dimensional Dungeons will tear you limb from limb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 7:08 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

It looks like both will have physical releases, which is good because I didn't want another Mega man legacy situation. However, if koei-tecmo is going through the trouble of releasing the separate versions then it may very well be that we're getting properly tuned versions superior to the 1+2 port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're listed sperately so that can be printed on the cheaper 16GB cartridges instead of the expensive 32GB one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...