Plattym3

The SaGa of 2 Twinsies Romancing

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I'll keep a toe in the water as long as you do!

Sounds like a plan. I think it’s going to be like what happened with Bloodborne. I had reached the point where you defeat a major boss named Rom the Vacuous Spider. Boss fight was difficult, but it felt good to get past it. I reached the next area - Yar-hargul, the Unseen Village - and it was such a pain to deal with. Enemies dealt high damage and could be respawned via Bell Witches, a one time enemy that will constantly call reinforcements until you can kill them.

I could only get to the first Lantern in that area (your check points) for a LONG time and just couldn’t deal with #$*! the game was throwing at me. I put it aside for about 2-3 months and went back, wanting to give the game another go. Started playing again and found I was better prepared to handle what was coming my way. Still ran into problems, but stepping away for awhile helped freshen my interest and got me wanting to finally finish the game.

I’m not saying RS2 is going to be exactly like that, but I get the impression this is a series where it’s not a bad idea to just step away for a bit when things are getting tough and then head back in to tackle the challenge again.

• Like 1

Well it took until the end of February @Plattym3, but the legacy of the emperors and empresses continues...

F6176521-8267-4E01-853D-EF29961E55B5.jpeg.f3a31de6e899dbc2e2c66f35f101cca8.jpeg

I took on the Landship in the eastern Steppe and managed to defeat the boss, Bokhohn. I was able to sneak onto the ship once I figured out what steps I needed to get the events going (spoiler alert, it DOES NOT involve having a Tactician in your active party like I thought it would, you have to talk to a Tactician in Avalon) but he went down pretty quickly.

I’m going to see this game beaten yet.

• Like 1

Well it took until the end of February [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention], but the legacy of the emperors and empresses continues...
F6176521-8267-4E01-853D-EF29961E55B5.jpeg.f3a31de6e899dbc2e2c66f35f101cca8.jpeg

I took on the Landship in the eastern Steppe and managed to defeat the boss, Bokhohn. I was able to sneak onto the ship once I figured out what steps I needed to get the events going (spoiler alert, it DOES NOT involve having a Tactician in your active party like I thought it would, you have to talk to a Tactician in Avalon) but he went down pretty quickly.
I’m going to see this game beaten yet.
You beat a boss!! Now I'm jealous!

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

You beat a boss!! Now I'm jealous!

I’m surprised I managed to beat one of the Seven Heroes. I figured I f***ed myself since I’d taken so long just to get to one of them and that the first one I fought was going to destroy me. I was thinking I was going to have to use the NG+ feature to give myself a fighting chance. Luckily didn’t have to and managed to win.

Not sure what I’ll do in this new generation, but I have a few places I can head too. I may go and try to do the mermaid story next, see if that doesn’t lead me to another one of the heroes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

#$*!. NOW I ran into a brick wall with one of the Seven Heroes. While trying to help the snow mountain Nomads find their lost animals I came across Dantarg, who apparently was trying to become stronger inside the mountains and basically said “#$*! it,” to the rest of the Seven Heroes and whatever they are planning.

The centaur looking bastard kicked my ass though. I kept thinking MAYBE I had a chance in the 2nd attempt, but I just couldn’t kill the bastard. His attacks hit like a truck so I may have to go back and give everyone defense buffing spells to deal with him. Luckily I earned Delta Attack for my Axe user, which was doing 1,500+ damage every time. So I may have to bypass this cave right now and get characters trained up in axes.

Damn. I’m gonna beat this bastard one way or another. Weird how the last hero died easily but this one is just flipping me off and laughing gleefully. Looking into the boss, apparently he gets stronger the longer it takes to get to him, or specifically how many battles you fight before reaching him. Seems he’s in his third possible form at the point I’m at...yuck. We’ll see if I can actually beat him.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Posted (edited)

Holy #$*!, I beat him! By sheer luck I did it. I say luck because Dantarg has a lot of bullshit moves he can use, and lucky for me on my last attempt the AI gave me a break so I could keep up with healing. I’m super happy to have him beaten. Phew! That’s 3 of the 7 heroes down now.

Now it’s time for the next generation...

B31C64B7-684B-4B45-B556-1B6B9E71E683.jpeg.199e7f476c450079a8e0b3fa40b08a80.jpeg

We’re off to the high seas, mateys! Arrrrr!!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Holy #$*!, I beat him! By sheer luck I did it. I say luck because Dantarg has a lot of bullshit moves he can use, and lucky for me on my last attempt the AI gave me a break so I could keep up with healing. I’m super happy to have him beaten. Phew! That’s 2 of the 7 heroes down now.
Now it’s time for the next generation...
B31C64B7-684B-4B45-B556-1B6B9E71E683.jpeg.199e7f476c450079a8e0b3fa40b08a80.jpeg

We’re off to the high seas, mateys! Arrrrr!!
That's 3. You beat 1 in the very first generation IIRC. It's the first boss battle.

45 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That's 3. You beat 1 in the very first generation IIRC. It's the first boss battle.

Oh yeah. Honestly i totally forgot about the first one since he wasn’t much of a threat.

• Like 1

I’ve saved the volcano island from nearly being destroyed and added it to the Empire. I’m hoping the Salamander people on it can be recruited in the future.

I especially hope I can get rid of the team I have right now. I’m really starting to hate magic focused characters because good lord they cannot take damage to save their lives. It’s the Ashlynn problem from DQ6 all over again: not enough health and defense to defend themselves properly.

Magic damage is also becoming very lackluster compared to what you can do with physical damage. I’ve seen magic damage is effective for one of the heroes since he counters physical attacks a lot, but you can just use distance based physical damage instead. I’m thinking I’m only going to get one magic character in future generations just so they can be the main healer/support while the rest of the party does the heavy lifting.

• Like 1