The SaGa of 2 Twinsies Romancing

Oh, I almost forgot about this! I found the PERFECT picture/quote for how Platty’s time as Emperor is going.

spacer.png

You’re welcome @Plattym3.

• Like 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like she’s happy you became part of her world.

Well, we played with TiTs. I was WAY more into that initially (insert many jokes@eal), I think@YangustheLegendaryBandit went back a year later and finished, but 2017 was my year for that!   2018 was t

Sounds like a plan. I think it’s going to be like what happened with Bloodborne. I had reached the point where you defeat a major boss named Rom the Vacuous Spider. Boss fight was difficult, but it fe

Posted Images

I think I can use that picture above for my night with the game. I started up the Cumberland content and...well, as Platty put it elsewhere, it was a hot mess. I get there and tell the king to choose his daughter as the next ruler after seeing all the towns. Figured my choice would lead to something, but NOPE! Suddenly some dick named Cyfreet is taking over, I meet up with all the royal kids and try to deal with the problem at the Great Wall.

That’s where things took a turn.

I ended up going in and defeating the boss, but upon finishing I find the country has fallen into shambles. Both brothers are ghosts and the sister is trying to lead a rebellion but suddenly was acting like we had NEVER met and that apparently all female leaders went by the name of the former princess, Sophia....WHAT IS HAPPENING?! Keep in mind this is all in the same generation and year, 1195.

So I reloaded the save. I saved before beating the Great Wall boss, wanting to see if that made a difference. Left the area and went to the towns again, same thing: brothers dead, sister acted like we had never met.

I’m thinking at some point between leaving to go to the Great Wall and trying to reach the boss, I hit the battle marker that advances the events of that story if you weren’t quick enough. SO, after realizing I was stuck in a corner i snuck back into the main castle, saved the spirit of the younger brother, and finally found out where that Cyfreet bastard ran off too. Tracked him down, killed him (which was so not easy until I reloaded and changed my party formation) and Cumberland became a part of the Empire and I can now recruit Imperials. Hooray!

That was certainly quite the play session, I’ll tell you what. I can see why the series has appeal but also why it’s incredibly intimidating to get into. I’m enjoying the game, and I’m looking forward to retrying the game at some point to see how I can change events around.

I’m now down in the town of Miles and will head to the Savannah area east of town next time. Apparently a land ship has been spotted there, having been built by one of the 7 Heroes.

• Like 1

I wandered over to the desert today. Climbed a tower and got pretty lucky, then got gud!

So there's this boss in a tower in a desert city. I go to fight it and it's a huge beast that's getting 2 attacks a round and basically 1-shot killing me each attack. I got in 5,000 damage and then wiped. Reload and fight the battle again, but the boss is a small monster. 2,000 damage and I win without being hit, add the desert to the Empire. Odd. I save in a different slot, go back again to see WTF. Fight the big boss again, the huge beast, and I got a few RNG lucky hits in early and I actually beat the thing and get like 2400 points at the end and everyone's skills or HP go up! Wahoo.

Generation 4 and I'm in my stride. Gotta take out someone who's cut my income in half, then I might take out that land ship. Hoping not to get a generation bump anytime soon because I'm loving my party and skill setups this generation.

• Like 1

Sounds like things have started to turn around for you Twinsie. Maybe the newer generations learned from the mistak- I mean, misadventures of the previous generations! 😜

Because I’m such a mature and responsible adult, I made these for each generation I’ve had thus far. We’ll see who stars in every future generation and if I can think of a title for each.

2C733247-39FC-4BC2-9A7B-B0F46265C1EE.thumb.jpeg.410c685981bcbc866d0c389c82a9c285.jpeg

D1BE7553-1972-49DB-8F90-EDA435277571.thumb.jpeg.d08aacb9bcd5e5bd951997ec3ce8f5a1.jpeg

E53FA52F-9341-4AD2-96C5-891A206EC531.jpeg.29b576f6dc1867ccd82d8fb631349dbc.jpeg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

If your generation 2's empress's skirt was much shorter, that double meaning would come through even more.

That’s exactly what I thought when I found that picture! Beaver is such a poor name choice but that’s exactly why I chose the character for my heir! 🤣

• Like 1

I’ve hit a “I don’t know what to do to progress,” wall. I can’t enter the Landship on the Steppe, so I tried finding somewhere else to explore. I’ve gone to the Maze of Memory and unlocked the new Ninja job class. I was going to try and unlock the Diviner class, but UH, NO. The Black Labyrinth it appears in has some really nasty enemies and I had to keep resetting, so I got the fudge out of there.

I found the witch who sells LP potions. Followed her tip and went to the desert, but you lose half of your health in battle and the enemies there hit hard, so I avoided battles as much as I could and eventually found two towns. One was at the start of the desert that supposedly restores LP but the NPCs sound really sketchy and it seems drinking it is a bad idea and lowers your LP to 1! Even my Empress flat out refused when I saved beforehand and tried to take a drink just to see what would happen.

The other desert town had a lake and i saw a narwhal swimming in the depths of the water. Couldn’t interact with it, but I’m guessing it has relevance later on for a quest.

I managed to build the magic school for spells and expanded the orchard. Finally got enough money in the kingdom to build the University too.

Hitting a brick wall for progress is having me scratch my head on what I could do to advance a generation without a full party wipe. I really need to move in to the next generation so I can make a fresh party of characters. I’m hoping building the university and it being completed will let me move on to generation 3. I’m at the year 1199, so hopefully when it hits 1200 the game will let me make a new group.

Until then I guess I’ll go to the Savannah area east of the Steppe and see if I can do anything there...

It's really cool to hear about your adventures in Cumberland. I never ran into the ghost stuff.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:20 AM, Plattym3 said:

Interesting. I feel I've opened maybe 3 other classes but never see them to recruit or as heirs choices. Damn.

I wonder if I've not talked to them enough. They do say something along the lines of letting them know if I want their help.

You need to go to them to recruit them, even if it's far from your home castle. If they say this, it means you can recruit them when you have an open slot in your party.
I'm going to assume you've figured this out by now, though.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ve hit a “I don’t know what to do to progress,” wall. I can’t enter the Landship

This is one is kinda really obscure. You need to

Spoiler

go to your university - provided you've given it a good head start by enrolling the emperor previously, you can talk to your tactician there (who's normally a recruitable magic class), and he should help you.

The Landship pissed me off last night. Got it just fine and then did a lot of battles. Went to use some SP restore items and guess I forgot to pack them. Go to leave and... nope, I can't get out. Grrr. Saves inside and out, but 40 mins of progress I guess I need to toss.

Decided to dance on P5 Dancing for a few mins and leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Saves inside and out, but 40 mins of progress I guess I need to toss.

In those situations I just delt with a party wipe. It feels tough when it happens, but I haven't regretted a single one.

@Plattym3

I played the PS2 version of Romancing SaGa. It was a shaky start for me, but I eventually became able to usually spark techs I was looking to get. I stayed blind as long as I could, but I ultimately decided to look up gameplay related stuff since I had never encountered such a style before.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The Landship pissed me off last night. Got it just fine and then did a lot of battles. Went to use some SP restore items and guess I forgot to pack them. Go to leave and... nope, I can't get out. Grrr. Saves inside and out, but 40 mins of progress I guess I need to toss.

Decided to dance on P5 Dancing for a few mins and leave it at that.

To answer your question from a few days ago Platty, I’m at 520 battles and have played for 16 hours.

I’m now FINALLY on generation 3! Thank god! What finally did it was going to the Savannah and staying at a random village for the night caused a Giant Termite attack. Went into their lair and defeated the queen, and not only got the help of Molemen and a man in the village I stayed in, but the Savannah became part of the Empire!

Now then, time for the title card:

5F51F913-A6FD-4C1D-A463-14186FB62694.jpeg.d27bcbd1b65b42a9221ac0dee422c0a7.jpeg

Man I hope I can come up with something better for Generation 4. The only things Paul related I could think of were Paul Blart Mall Cop and Paul McCartney from The Beatles. 😭

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

What, no Paul Phoenix? For shame.

I don’t play Tekken, so he wasn’t even a thought in my head. Only Tekken game I own is Tekken Tag 2.

The adventures of Paul are starting to Come Together. I’ve assembled my new team of warriors: Paul the Emperor/Crusader, a Strategist, Ninja, Moleman, and Hunter from the Savannah. I went and dealt with the problem in the mines and found a black crystal that was causing issues. Broke the crystal and it seems to have brought life back into the mine/town.

I’m now trying to help the Armed Merchants with their problem. Apparently a man named Garon (cue picture of Garon from Fire Emblem Fates) has taken over their home and has teamed up with the hero Subier. I’m taking the land route to the town so I can help get my revenue back up.

My new team is gaining levels in weapons and spells pretty quickly. Now that I can access earth magic I can start using Gilden Strength, which is nice for my physical attacking party members. Using it on my Emperor since he’s the slowest party member means he can do a lot of damage at the end of the turn!

9 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Saw some mermaid titties last night.

😳

• Like 1

I helped out the Armed Merchants and dealt with Garon. Got them back as allies and can now recruit them again as party members.

I headed west to the Ludon Highlands and found two areas: a lake and a town called Saigo Village. Left the village and went to a dungeon called East Oubliette. Went back to the village after defeating the monsters there and the folks seem like they are in better shape. Got a shell from a villager for 1,000 gold crowns that will let me hear the Narwhal, so it looks like I can take it back to the lake I found a few days ago where the giant fish was.

Gonna head to a new village called the Mu Tundra next. Edit: it was the right call to head down there to Mu Tundra. When I spoke to the unique looking NPC and I was given a few options, I decided to just ask where the monsters causing trouble were instead of flat out saying I would help. Turns out that was the right idea, as the man was impressed I helped without telling them and now I have a friendship with the Saigo people and a new territory for the Empire! Hooray!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Found the eggshell. Got the mermaid potion. That's been the 15 minute expent of my past 2 days playing. Stupid sleep schedule Tuesday night + late podcast Wednesday + SeaWorld Thursday = one tired Platty.

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Moved on to mermaid sex. 4e70137c38604dd2d1e2c8a5e4d724da.jpg40708b06c8121f71452b2cc30fdb1ecf.jpg45942a471a1a41eaacc947cb9fa33884.jpg

Sounds like she’s happy you became part of her world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm not certain I'm going to continue. Talking to people who've done it, it's a lot of grinding for specific skills and jobs at the point I'm at. I've pretty much opened up the entire world minus 6 bosses left to take on.

I'm over 20 hours in and think I'm going to stop. It's often hard, always obscure, and I've not made any progress in 5+ hours. I opened up most of the world and it just seems I don't have enough SP potions to make it through long areas. Huge amounts of enemy encounters. Not having anymore fun with it and with a backlog of 50+ games, it's too frustrating to keep going more. Fun for a while, but it seems like too much RNG work ahead. Dying and starting new generations is fine, but each time is 20-30 minutes to reequip and gather a new party. That part is God-awfully boring to me.

Gave it a good go, but time to focus on games that I feel I can make forward progress on. I love to grind in games, but this is a game where grinding by battling doesn't really work.

It was good enough for me to want to give RS3 and Scarlet Grace a go later on someday.
@YangustheLegendaryBandit if you push forward and beat a Hero, let me know. Maybe I'll try too.

33 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm not certain I'm going to continue. Talking to people who've done it, it's a lot of grinding for specific skills and jobs at the point I'm at. I've pretty much opened up the entire world minus 6 bosses left to take on.

I'm over 20 hours in and think I'm going to stop. It's often hard, always obscure, and I've not made any progress in 5+ hours. I opened up most of the world and it just seems I don't have enough SP potions to make it through long areas. Huge amounts of enemy encounters. Not having anymore fun with it and with a backlog of 50+ games, it's too frustrating to keep going more. Fun for a while, but it seems like too much RNG work ahead. Dying and starting new generations is fine, but each time is 20-30 minutes to reequip and gather a new party. That part is God-awfully boring to me.

Gave it a good go, but time to focus on games that I feel I can make forward progress on. I love to grind in games, but this is a game where grinding by battling doesn't really work.

It was good enough for me to want to give RS3 and Scarlet Grace a go later on someday.
@YangustheLegendaryBandit if you push forward and beat a Hero, let me know. Maybe I'll try too.

I haven’t played much either, but I’m not going to give up on the game. I was admittedly distracted by Smash Bros for awhile and now with my Christmas game goodies I may be occupied, but I kept wanting to get back to RS2 for sure.

I’m going to put my progress on hold for a month and pick back in February. I’m at a good stopping point so I’ll resume from there eventually. It’s had some rough moments, but as I’ve said in other topics, I’m kind of a glutton for games like this. Games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Darkest Dungeon can be punishing but are super rewarding, and that’s the same kind of satisfaction I’ve gotten from Romancing SaGa 2. There are times where I flat out hate the game, but I was still having a good time.

I know I’ll be distracted with other games, but I’m not giving up on Romancing SaGa 2. I think it’s just going on hold for awhile. I did the same with the other 3 games I mentioned, and when I went back to them I felt a renewed vigor to finish the game and enjoyed my time with the games.

• Like 1