Plattym3

Episode 008 - sackchief & DQXI S

I was wondering when you guys would do another episode.

• Like 1

I was wondering when you guys would do another episode.
Sorry. I posted all over Twitter & Facebook and totally forgot to make a thread here. Hoping not to make that mistake again. Already did a preview post for our next 'cast.

Thanks for listening!

7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Sorry. I posted all over Twitter & Facebook and totally forgot to make a thread here. Hoping not to make that mistake again.

You forgot to make a thread for the official Dragon’s Den podcast on the Dragon’s Den forums.

That’s our Platty! Cue the canned sitcom laughter.

You forgot to make a thread for the official Dragon’s Den podcast on the Dragon’s Den forums.
That’s our Platty! Cue the canned sitcom laughter.
I just assume you all just subscribe on iTunes or wherever and it automatically downloads the day I post. I mean usually we have over 50 downloads in the first couple hours, I just figure those are you subscribers.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I just assume you all just subscribe on iTunes or wherever and it automatically downloads the day I post. I mean usually we have over 50 downloads in the first couple hours, I just figure those are you subscribers. emoji6.png

To be honest, I remember when you started the podcast saying it would be once a month but I feel like the release schedule has been a lot more rapid then that. In that case, you really can’t complain if there’s no forewarning on the Den because you’re getting more than was promised.

To be honest, I remember when you started the podcast saying it would be once a month but I feel like the release schedule has been a lot more rapid then that. In that case, you really can’t complain if there’s no forewarning on the Den because you’re getting more than was promised.
Yeah, I thought monthly was good, but then we got those translators so quickly and had some good ideas for early guests and Liam was available more than we thought & my podcasting with RPGamer slowed down (I hadn't played a long slate of Retro games they were doing). So it all added up in more Slime Time!

I just assume you all just subscribe on iTunes or wherever and it automatically downloads the day I post. I mean usually we have over 50 downloads in the first couple hours, I just figure those are you subscribers.
I usually download manually so I can back them up to my Plex server.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eal said:

Yeah, it's been great recording more often then expected. The DQ fan support for guests wanting to be involved in the podcast has been great as well. It's never been hard to find someone and we often find we're in a backlog situation for scheduling guests, which is not a bad problem to have. That being said, if anyone here wants to be involved as some point hit us up for 2020.

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I usually download manually so I can back them up to my Plex server.

Plex! Whenever I see people on social media arguing, #$*!ing or otherwise complaining about what 90s sitcom reruns they can or cannot watch on a given streaming platform I always just comment: "Plex," and hope they'll look into it, someday. Companies still pay top dollar to get streaming rights to Seinfeld reruns, like that's a selling point, when I've owned them all digitally for over 10 years.

Plex! Whenever I see people on social media arguing, #$*!ing or otherwise complaining about what 90s sitcom reruns they can or cannot watch on a given streaming platform I always just comment: "Plex," and hope they'll look into it, someday. Companies still pay top dollar to get streaming rights to Seinfeld reruns, like that's a selling point, when I've owned them all digitally for over 10 years.
Yeah, I spent like a year ripping our entire DVD and Blue Ray collections so I could get HQ content with all the extras, subs, commentaries, etc. I do pirate some stuff but have been buying more Blu Rays of new releases now that I have the server just so I can get the extras. Some stuff I do have to find other ways though. Plex has all around been a great experience, though some of their SmartTV and mobile apps need a little love.

Being able to do things like remux all of Dragon Ball Z with like five different dub options is GREAT and something that not streaming platform could ever offer me.

As for the podcast, I would love to be on as a denizen for whenever/whatever topic it would be appropriate for the episode.

7 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Companies still pay top dollar to get streaming rights to Seinfeld reruns, like that's a selling point, when I've owned them all digitally for over 10 years.

Hell, NBC just recently paid Netflix $500 million to take The Office off Netflix and have it exclusively for streaming for its own streaming service (ugh) in a year.

Yeah, it's insane. And that's a show I can only watch once, because it reminds me too much of office politics at my job.

I do have the MP3 up on the episodes list (fixed the code on that page so I don't need to have both files for it to show up properly), hopefully I can work on the MP4 now that the holiday is over.

https://www.woodus.com/den/slimetime/episodes.php

Great episode. Had a ballsack listening to it.

Did I do that right?

Haha. It's nuts, but I'm sure he gets that all the time. 

Follow up to one of our discussion points about Manami Matsumae on this episode. I found a personal connection to one of her albums...

• Like 1