Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

Romancing Saga 3. WAAAH

So...

Who else got Romancing Saga 3? I'm having trouble understanding the whole plot a bit, but I think I'll get into it.

I REALLY want to get it. Taking all my will power not to buy it right now. Too many games in the backlog yet.

• Like 1

In my experience you need to approach SaGa plots not unlike Dragon Quest ones. Ie. they might be a driving factor at best, but the game is really about the journey. :) 

• Like 1

Sometime next year I'll get there. Figure it out and explain it to us!

Sorry, Play-Asia's price. I just somehow assumed that's where everyone get their on-release imports from XD

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Sorry, Play-Asia's price. I just somehow assumed that's where everyone get their on-release imports from XD

No one's got time for that nonsense, clicking on another website... geeze. I was simply looking for a number! 😉 

Oh, I misunderstood again, then. >_>

€42.36... probably directly converted from some other currency.

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

Oh, I misunderstood again, then. >_>

€42.36... probably directly converted from some other currency.

Yikes, you're right, that's pricey!  Depends on how I like Romancing SaGa 2, but $20USD is my price point for a lot of downloadable games nowadays.  The backlog is too large to pay more for stuff I won't get to.

Yeah, I went into Nintendo's Black Friday/december sales thing to pick up RS3, but it's still way too much for what I'd pay for a downloadable game. $20 USD would probably be my cut-off point also.

I liked RS2 well enough that I might pay full price for a physical RS3 tho.... If only to support them.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

Yeah, I went into Nintendo's Black Friday/december sales thing to pick up RS3, but it's still way too much for what I'd pay for a downloadable game. $20 USD would probably be my cut-off point also.
I liked RS2 well enough that I might pay full price for a physical RS3 tho.... If only to support them.
I was going to say something I heard about digital getting more money to the publisher than physical, but then I went down this wormhole. Help me...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/72672234

Interesting discussion. That said, if we want to show our support for SaGa however, it's the publisher we need to support, and not the dev, right? I mean not that Square Enix really needs our support, but if we have any interest in where our money go, it's because we want to affect their marketing statistics.

In this case the dev is ArtePiazza, a familiar face for DQ fans, and the publisher is Square Enix. But I'm sure several SE employees had pretty direct production/supervision involvement outside of marketing, etc. Most likely Kawazu himself.
But the SaGa series is an in-house brand for SE, so the dev/publisher role blends together. And if we want to see more SaGa (and other similar niche) games localized, Square Enix is the company whose privates need to be tickled. And if we want to see a new SaGa game in the style of the Romancing subseries (Scarlet Grace is more along the lines of Unlimited), it'd probably be an in-house project.

The dev vs publisher argument is kinda moot in the digital vs physical debate anyway. What matters is the difference in which percentage the publisher receives vs. the distributor. The devs are out of the equation here. At the end of the day, with the "vote with your money" argument, a digital purchase is a vote for more digital releases, and a physical one is a vote for that. So it's a totally subjective thing for me, and I'm definitely going for the latter.

• Like 1