Dakhil

"Dragon Quest Builders 2 coming to PC on December 10"

https://gematsu.com/2019/11/dragon-quest-builders-2-coming-to-pc-on-december-10

DQB2-Steam_11-18-19.jpg

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is coming to PC via Steam on December 10 for $59.99, publisher Square Enix announced.

The PC version will include all of the downloadable content previously released via the Season Pass for the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions, including new content, recipes, hairstyles, clothing, and new areas to explore. This includes the "Hotto Stuff Pack," "Aquarium Pack," and "Moderninst Pack" add-ons.

Users who pre-purchase the game ahead of release will receive the following in-game bonus content:

• Ornamental Medicinal Herb Recipe
  • Dragon Quest Logo Recipe
  • Ornamental Chimaera Wing Recipe
  • Five Sigil Block Recipes for building decorative blocks with sun, stars, moon, water, and soul motifs
  • Legendary Line Art Recipe
  • Lo-Res Luminary Recipes

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:  

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is the critically acclaimed block-building RPG from Dragon Quest series creators Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and composer Koichi Sugiyama—now for Steam players!

The Steam version includes all the Season Pass content previously released on console versions: Hotto Stuff Pack, Modernist Pack, Aquarium Pack, Designer's Sunglasses, Legendary Builder Outfit, Dragonlord's Throne, and more!

Don't let the name fool you, despite the 2, this is a completely standalone experience featuring new characters, an expansive world, unlimited building combinations, and a storyline that's sure to satisfy long-time fans and newcomers alike!

Embark on an epic journey and became the master Builder! Customize your character and set off to revive a forsaken world alongside a mysterious companion named Malroth. Then, take your builder online and join your friends to collaborate and create something truly magnificent.

Story

The evil Children of Hargon are determined to eradicate all creators and have outlawed the building, cooking, and creation of all things. To spread their destructive dogma, the calamitous cult captures the builders of the world. All hope seems to be lost until you, a young apprentice builder, manage to escape from the clutches of evil.

After washing up on the shores of the deserted Isle of Awakening, you encounter the spirited Malroth, a mysterious youth with no memory of his past. With the help of your fearless new friend, you embark on a grand adventure to gather the skills required to become a full-fledged builder, but the road you build is paved with peril. Only you can defeat the Children of Hargon, uncover the secrets of Malroth's past, and unravel the riddles of this mysterious land.

Key Features

• Block-building RPG – Prove yourself as a Builder and a Warrior, help the people of the realm to rebuild their destroyed lands. The more you help the more you'll receive hearts and recognition. Prepare for a cure of creativity and friendliness!
  • Creative open-world – Construct big structures in this fantasy block world with a large variety of options.
  • Explore, gather, and craft – Each island contains its own set of unique materials to help you grow, craft, and cook new creations. Along the way you'll improve your skills and grow as a builder as you learn new recipes and blueprints.
  • Battle fearsome foes alongside your partner – Accompanying you on your quest is the mysterious Malroth, an aggressive amnesiac with a fondness for fighting foes. His powerful attacks and skills on the battlefield are truly indispensable!
  • Dash, swim, and glide across an expansive world – Run across open fields and explore charming villages, treacherous mines, and spectacular castles. Dive into the watery depths to discover hidden treasures, climb the highest mountain to catch the sunset, and glide home to rest up for your next day of adventure.
  • Plant, water, and grow! – Work together with your villagers to till soil, plants seeds, and raise a multitude of crops. Be sure to customize the way you build your fields to support the kind of crops you're growing. Harvest anything from the humble cabbage to sweet sugar canes!
  • Design and Build with Friends Online – Big projects require big help! Up to four players can team up online to build anything you can imagine on the sandbox Isle of Awakening.

Watch the PC announcement trailer below.

Edited by Dakhil

Wow, that’s cool a PC version is coming out. I’ll be curious what kind of mods people create for the game.

• Like 1

Wow, that’s cool a PC version is coming out. I’ll be curious what kind of mods people create for the game.
Depends on how mod friendly it is. I'm guessing not very.

DQXI hasn't had very many mods because of how restrictive it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

now im torn on weither to buy builders 2 on the pc or switch been playing builders 1 on switch now its like well do i buy 2 on switch or pc lol 

50 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Depends on how mod friendly it is. I'm guessing not very.

DQXI hasn't had very many mods because of how restrictive it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Eh, as long as people can do cosmetic mods like I’ve seen for DQ11 that would be cool. Add in some alternate looks for blocks to make them a bit better for creating stuff or just to look silly.

Or a symphonic music mod like DQ11 has would be cool. Really I just want to see what the PC crowd can do with the game, mods or otherwise. It’s amazing seeing all the cool stuff people have created with the Builders games, and computer/PC audience will surely bring in some more creative talent.

• Like 2

Hmm.  Spend $85 on Switch or PS4 for all content, and lacking the pre-order bonuses, or get everything at the same price as just the game on Switch/PS4 for all that and a bag of chips; Lays chips, not Kettle or Boulder Canyon, but still chips...no cookie though.  They're not that great, fanservicy, but I wouldn't really see myself using them...maybe if they released special equipment that's costume equipment to look like other DQ heroes...that would be bangin'.

I am praying I can run this game, and they get the recommended out beforehand so I can consider a pre-order, or wait until PS4 or Switch goes on sale.  I can run Heroes 1, barely run 2, but I can't run 11.  Not by a long shot.

Edited by ignasia

Hoping for a $40 sale on the Switch version myself. Looking to give my nephew a copy for Christmas. We're a cheap family & don't usually spend that much, but my sister shot down my first 5 suggestions for his birthday gift and then never got back to me about what to get him for his birthday, so boom. Makes it better since his sister's birthday is within a couple days of Christmas so she always gets her 2 gifts from us or a big one at once. This year, he will too!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, ignasia said:

I am praying I can run this game, and they get the recommended out beforehand so I can consider a pre-order, or wait until PS4 or Switch goes on sale.  I can run Heroes 1, barely run 2, but I can't run 11.  Not by a long shot.

Really? I've found that the Heroes games don't feel very optimised even on a powerful computer, but DQ11 actually runs playably (though with the settings cranked way down and occasionally stutters) even on hardware that doesn't meet it's minimum system requirements. Of course, that depends on your particular hardware, but still, I'm surprised.

Either way, DQXIS on Switch is where it's at.

Super stoked for the Builders 2 PC release. Better support 4K60 outta the box.

While it would be dope to see a modding community for Builders 2, I'm more interested in extracting assets from the game. The builders games are just a goldmine for HD resources that could be used for fan games.

9 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I'm more interested in extracting assets from the game. The builders games are just a goldmine for HD resources that could be used for fan games.

Yeah, I hope you can rip a bunch of stuff out of there as well :)

19 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Really? I've found that the Heroes games don't feel very optimised even on a powerful computer, but DQ11 actually runs playably (though with the settings cranked way down and occasionally stutters) even on hardware that doesn't meet it's minimum system requirements. Of course, that depends on your particular hardware, but still, I'm surprised.

Either way, DQXIS on Switch is where it's at.

Super stoked for the Builders 2 PC release. Better support 4K60 outta the box.

While it would be dope to see a modding community for Builders 2, I'm more interested in extracting assets from the game. The builders games are just a goldmine for HD resources that could be used for fan games.

Well, I haven't actually tested it to know.  I own them on PS4.  I'm just going by recommended hardware settings on Steam.  DQ11 is much more resource intensive based on those settings.

That said, I should be getting the PS4 version tomorrow or Friday.  Gamestop has a sale, and DQB2 is 24.99.  Target has it as 29.99 on sale for black friday.

Edited by ignasia

Well, I haven't actually tested it to know.  I own them on PS4.  I'm just going by recommended hardware settings on Steam.  DQ11 is much more resource intensive based on those settings.
That said, I should be getting the PS4 version tomorrow or Friday.  Gamestop has a sale, and DQB2 is 24.99.  Target has it as 29.99 on sale for black friday.
See any sales for Dragon Quest Builders 2 on Switch this Black Friday?

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
4 hours ago, ignasia said:

I don't know if it's related to Black Friday, but Dragon Quest Builders 2 on Nintendo Switch is currently $49.99 on Amazon and Target.

10 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I don't know if it's related to Black Friday, but Dragon Quest Builders 2 on Nintendo Switch is currently $49.99 on Amazon and Target.

It’s not. Every store I’ve been too the last month that sells games has had the game at that price along with Dragon Quest XI S.

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s not. Every store I’ve been too the last month that sells games has had the game at that price along with Dragon Quest XI S.

The funny thing is that I now see Dragon Quest XI S selling at $59.99 instead of $49.99 for some odd reason.

1 minute ago, Dakhil said:

The funny thing is that I now see Dragon Quest XI S selling at $59.99 instead of $49.99 for some odd reason.

Everywhere I went today while shopping had both at $49.99. I’ve seen most stores here in Iowa selling both for that price. It could depend on the state, but I don’t know for certain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Yeah, it's been 49.99 for a month now, consistently, with a handful of 44.99 sales here and there, with the price with that slash through and the "sale" sign, but the slash through was for most places, the 49.99 price, and now it's back up again.

I wonder if it's because stock is moving well and they're looking to gain more profit?  I don't know, it's hard to gauge that thought process, as the change to 49.99 is the typical change when the normal price goes down.  Perhaps it's due to backstock of original release copies, or they're hoping popularity and nearness to Christmas will increase sales anyhow, so they're assuring maximum profits on the retail end.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
10 hours ago, ignasia said:

Just PS4 unfortunately.  Target has the second best deal.  Walmart has it down to 39.99 for Black Friday.

I would check on Cyber Monday, though that's now being blended with Black Friday for one large sales grouping that often lasts until December 2nd or 3rd.   So what's on sale now is often what continues to remain through "Cyber Monday."

We'll have to wait until Sunday to likely know what the extra deals are for Cyber Monday.  I suspect that's a strong possibility.

One problem I have with Amazon and videogames, is they often wait until the day before for individual game deals, some of which only pop up for a few hours at most.

Edited by ignasia

@Plattym3 Ok...Target and Walmart have it on sale for 49.99.  A few ebay stores are selling at 45,  Apparently until I think the 2nd.  So through to Monday.

It's definitely in stock in my area, so likely in yours as well.  Given the timeline, I think you CAN hold out until Monday to see if there are any Cyber Monday deals (Amazon is a likely potential source of them, and Gamestop....I'm actually surprised at some of the Switch Gamestop deals, and Gamestop deals period...they are desperate to stay in business, though my area is actually good as we've only seen one store closure in the last 10 years to consolidate one area because there were two within a few blocks, but we still have like 8 stores out here, on top of all the EB stores).

I am really excited for this port. I was hoping DQB would get ported to PC and kinda gave up hope on this happening. Would be nice to see a cool modding community behind this game. Considering people like to play sandbox games a lot more on PC, I am hoping the game will have a good solid community behind it.

This may be blasphemous, but I think I'll be getting Halo MCC on PC before I pick up any version of Builders 2. Had Microsoft not swooped in with that, I probably would have got Builders 2 PC next.

This may be blasphemous, but I think I'll be getting Halo MCC on PC before I pick up any version of Builders 2. Had Microsoft not swooped in with that, I probably would have got Builders 2 PC next.
Reach is great. The Builders 2 demo runs VERY poorly for me.