Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Jumbo Demo (Nintendo Switch) Coming Tomorrow

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1191392159305359360

Hungry for adventure, building, & uniting unique villagers against evil bad guys? Check out the new #DQBuilders2 JUMBO DEMO, available tomorrow on #NintendoSwitch eShop! This super-sized demo lets you play up until Furrowfield Island!

EITsJ4dU0AAMKJ_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I’m guessing the major Dragon Quest XI S demo went a long way to helping the game sell, so they’re hoping lightning strikes twice by randomly adding a lengthy demo to DQ Builders 2.

Edited by eal

The success of the XIS demo must have helped a lot. I haven't tracked sales of Builders 2 but I would imagine that game has been pushing a lot more copies then XIS has on the Switch.

This only further reminds me I need to get to Builders 2. But first I still need to finish Buidlers 1.

Anyone want to cover for my job for like a week so I can hide out and finish Builders 1 at least?

20 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

This only further reminds me I need to get to Builders 2. But first I still need to finish Buidlers 1.

Anyone want to cover for my job for like a week so I can hide out and finish Builders 1 at least?

Keep working you bum, remember I beat Builders 1 in about 11 days.  Here's the thing: forget sleep, play 10pm-2am nightly. You'll be done in under 2 weeks!

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Keep working you bum, remember I beat Builders 1 in about 11 days.  Here's the thing: forget sleep, play 10pm-2am nightly. You'll be done in under 2 weeks!

I know. I probably could bum rush the game, but I like exploring and talking to all the NPCs and reading the text. I’m slow with DQ games, even ones I replay!

I want to finish DQ11S first, but I do want to get to Builders 1 either on my Switch or go back to the PS4 version.

More importantly, I still need to build that dirt castle... 😉

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

talking to all the NPCs

True true.

Set aside 13 days.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Here's the thing: forget sleep, play 10pm-2am nightly. You'll be done in under 2 weeks!

I love being a dad and husband, but, for the love of all that is holy, I miss getting to actually enjoy playing video games. Cutting out sleep to play games is basically the only way I get to play them now and, I'll be honest, it's just not as fun.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, GrandAlchemist said:

I love being a dad and husband, but, for the love of all that is holy, I miss getting to actually enjoy playing video games. Cutting out sleep to play games is basically the only way I get to play them now and, I'll be honest, it's just not as fun.

For sure.  Eventually caffeine just adds to headaches and the general fog effect from overdosing on the drug start to kick in.  Nevermind the general feeling of lethargy due to lack of sleep over extended periods.

It's one thing to have Insomnia, quite another not to, and force yourself to stay up.

I may not have kids at the moment, but I can't do MMO grinds like I used to.  So it gets frustrating meeting people on the ones I do play, and the time it takes to get certain quests done....we're talking several hours.  This sort of game is even worse, because of the nature of the planning, it just engrosses me and absorbs all my time, leading to 3, 4, 5 hours going by like they were nothing.  Over time, combined with that groggy feeling, it's just not fun because I can't really engage on the same level, or the level I really want to.

• Upvote 1

It's also out on Steam right now!

The PC demo was pretty good although the tomato farming part and water jug is a pain in the arse.

It's longer than I thought too.

Edited by Red Dragon