Sign in to follow this  
Dagron

DQX PS4 trial and disc copy

So far i've been playing DQX on the PS4 using a trial download. This has been a great way to try out the game, see if the language barrier is too much and more importantly to see if I like the game and want to play it more than just to try. Unfortunately setting up the download and using the game has thus far required the use of a Japanese PS account. 

Since the game has stuck I went ahead and snagged a v1-3 disc for a pretty reasonable price. Although I can access most of the content without it I still wanted a physical copy of the game. 

Right now my 2 accounts share games so I can start the DQ 'app' from my English main account but it gives me an error when i try to log in. The JP account gets no error and signs on no problem. 

Once I have the disc will i be able to run the game from my English account or will I still have to use a completely separate PS4 account for this one game?

You'll still need to use your JP account.  The disk is just an installer, nothing more.

Bummer..

However, on a more positive note it looks like the latest update has switched X and O to match the US standard.. Awesome!!