Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

The Uptaten Towers/Lenoire Castle From DQV would be great to play on Halloween

I'm referring, of course, to the haunted mansion from Dragon Quest V that Child Hero and Child Bianca travel to.

I've never tried this, but this sounds like it would be a great experience. Playing in a dark room, the sound of trick or treaters outside...great ambiance.

This portion of the game is great in both the SNES and DS versions and does a great job of capturing the haunted mansion feel. This is one of my favorite parts of Dragon Quest V, to be honest.

There is, of course, one problem: anyone trying this might feel compelled to play the entire game all over again. I mean...it's Dragon Quest V. How many of us could just put it down after that? :jackoslime:

Remember that time we went ghost hunting?

• Upvote 2

Since we’re talking about it, is this a pun or chess reference I’m not getting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Remember that time we went ghost hunting?

Why yes, Bianca. Yes, I remember it perfectly. Yes, we get it, Enix--Bianca is the canon wife.

We all know the quickest way to a woman's heart is a good old ghost hunt and being buried alive. Everyone knows that.

11 minutes ago, eal said:

Good question. Such a drastic name change from Lenoire Castle (which makes sense as a name) to "Uptaten Towers".

2 hours ago, eal said:

I assume it’s a Sesame Street one because of the head guy being “Count Uptaten.” They have a bit of an accent similar to the Count from Sesame Street too if I remember right.

• Upvote 1

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I assume it’s a Sesame Street one because of the head guy being “Count Uptaten.” They have a bit of an accent similar to the Count from Sesame Street too if I remember right.

It's been forever and I day since I watched Sesame street in the 80s and I swear I just remember him as "The Count".

In that case, that's a clever renaming and something less obvious than "Bram Mansion" or something like that.

11 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

It's been forever and I day since I watched Sesame street in the 80s and I swear I just remember him as "The Count".

In that case, that's a clever renaming and something less obvious than "Bram Mansion" or something like that.

The Count from Sesame Street IS just called “The Count.” The Count of Uptaten Towers is called Count Uptaten.

19 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The Count from Sesame Street IS just called “The Count.” The Count of Uptaten Towers is called Count Uptaten.

Oh.

I really misunderstood your other post then. >.<

Wan...TWOO...THREE!

heh-heh-heh.

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The more you know.

Oops, I made a slight boo-boo when it came to naming The Count from Sesame Street. His official name is Count von Count, but was formerly just called “The Count.”

I feel bad I forgot he was technically called Count von Count, mainly because his original Muppeteer, Jerry Nelson, is my favorite Muppeteer. He brought a lot of charm and warmth to all the characters he played before he passed away.

• Like 1

Never forget when The Count went OFF with his rated-R song!

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Never forget when The Count went OFF with his rated-R song!

That video cracks me up.

Even in this version of the song and the actual song, you can hear that genuine care Jerry Nelson had when it came to singing songs for his Muppets/Sesame Street performances.

If I remember right, the Count was actual Jerry Nelson’s idea of a new character to Sesame Street.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1