Dakhil

Digital Foundry: "Dragon Quest 11 on Switch: A Brilliant, Clever, Multi-Platform Port!"

Today, Digital Foundry released a video, doing an analysis of Dragon Quest XI S.

I've definitely learned some things, which I didn't know about until watching the video. And despite the sacrifices that has to be made for Dragon Quest XI S, I'm surprised how close Dragon Quest XI S is to the PlayStation 4 version of Dragon Quest XI.

Is it hyperbolic to say that the Dragon Quest development team is as good as Nintendo's own development teams?

11 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Today, Digital Foundry released a video, doing an analysis of Dragon Quest XI S.

I've definitely learned some things, which I didn't know about until watching the video. And despite the sacrifices that has to be made for Dragon Quest XI S, I'm surprised how close Dragon Quest XI S is to the PlayStation 4 version of Dragon Quest XI.

Is it hyperbolic to say that the Dragon Quest development team is as good as Nintendo's own development teams?

While graphics are on the lowest part of the totem pole for me concerning video games, I found this comparison video quite informative. I'm definitely one of those people who don't notice these sorts of things and it usually takes a comparison video for me to notice. All in all, these downgraded graphics don't bother me a bit. Dragon Quest 11 is beautiful on the Switch and I don't need or even want pseudo-realistic graphics with my video games. The fact that it looks a little more cartoony is a plus in my mind.

And LOL! at the Batman reference--I definitely felt the same way when I heard the battle theme.