Cranberry

*Important* Digital Switch V5 Purchases Bug

Square-Enix has reported a bug with digital purchases of the Switch version of Version 5 for DQX.  Distribution codes for other platforms are getting sent out when it's purchased, which means it can't be registered on the Switch and you won't be able to play V5.

Square-Enix is investigating the issue.

It's not clear how widespread this problem is right now, but I strongly advise all Switch users to not purchase V5 digitally until this issue is resolved.  In the event that we have to contact Square-Enix support to get this issue resolved, the language barrier could make that very tricky.

I know today is the V5 release and everyone is excited about that, but I very strongly suggest biting the bullet and waiting to make the purchase if you haven't already done so  until this issue is fixed.  As this is a critical bug, Square-Enix will likely be resolving this as quickly as possible.  A little patience could save you a lot of headaches.

Their official announcement can be found here:

https://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/news/detail/33b879e7ab79f56af1e88359f9314a10/

• Like 1

Seems like they're sending out Wii U registration codes instead of Switch.

This won't matter IF your DQ account has both Switch and Wii U registered.

Square-Enix has reported a bug with digital purchases of the Switch version of Version 5 for DQX.  Distribution codes for other platforms are getting sent out when it's purchased, which means it can't be registered on the Switch and you won't be able to play V5.
Square-Enix is investigating the issue.
It's not clear how widespread this problem is right now, but I strongly advise all Switch users to not purchase V5 digitally until this issue is resolved.  In the event that we have to contact Square-Enix support to get this issue resolved, the language barrier could make that very tricky.
I know today is the V5 release and everyone is excited about that, but I very strongly suggest biting the bullet and waiting to make the purchase if you haven't already done so  until this issue is fixed.  As this is a critical bug, Square-Enix will likely be resolving this as quickly as possible.  A little patience could save you a lot of headaches.

Their official announcement can be found here:
https://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/news/detail/33b879e7ab79f56af1e88359f9314a10/
Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't planning to purchase it right away anyway, but sometimes I buy stuff on a whim so thanks for the warning!

I haven't heard any reports of English players having this problem yet but if it becomes an issue then maybe we could ask somebody who is fluent in JP to write up a generic "form letter" to make a customer support request?

30 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I haven't heard any reports of English players having this problem yet but if it becomes an issue then maybe we could ask somebody who is fluent in JP to write up a generic "form letter" to make a customer support request?

Yea I can help. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.....or they could just send out free Wii U Version 1 registration code

4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Given that they've temporarily stopped the sales of the v5 download version, I assume they'll just send everyone the correct code.

The original article doesn't mention that this is happening to "some" people, so maybe the problem affects everyone.

The latest tweet also mentions possible extension of the maintenance because of this -

Edited by Hasemo

Yes maintenance is extended until 4 am EST.

Here is an update:

If you purchased a Switch digital V5 and found that your code did not work, here are the next steps:

Square-Enix and Nintendo attempted to have codes re-sent.  Check your email inbox and see if you have a new registration code.  Make sure it didn't get caught by a spam filter.  If you received such an email it should contain the correct code.

If you received no such email or your code still does not work, you'll need to contact Nintendo support using this form:

https://support.nintendo.co.jp/app/ask_na/NA/1/device/1/subject/レジストレーションコードについて

Language barrier might make this tough.

They have updated the Nintendo E-Store.  If you buy V5 now, it should send you the correct code.

Here's the announcement page:

https://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/news/detail/080c993fb3b58e26c1d2265bf9da0af3/

The e-mails should be looking like this

UK9IcCQ.png

I bought the Switch Ver. but had Wii U code on it.

uM8BGW2.png

They have sent out the correct code.

I bought V5 physical on Switch, but it basically ships with no cartridge, just a box and a code. Will I be affected?

I would imagine not. But I guess we won't know until people try to redeem the codes.

12 minutes ago, HyDEKI said:

I bought V5 physical on Switch, but it basically ships with no cartridge, just a box and a code. Will I be affected?

Only the Nintendo e-shop downloadable Switch version was affected

All reports of this issue have been for digital purchases.

None of us import players have yet received their physical boxes (which just contain a slip of paper with a code on them) so we haven't been able to test yet, but surely some Japanese players have received them by now and there's been no mention of issues with the physical orders.

In all likelihood the physical ones are fine, but we can't be 100% certain until the shipments start arriving and we begin entering the codes.

• Like 1

You can tell which version you got from the first 4 digits of the registration code without entering(for Version 5). Physical(no Wii U) or Digital

PC DXP5
Switch DXX5
Wii U DXU5

My "physical" copy of V5 arrived today.  I can now confirm that the code contained in the physical box for Switch works just fine.  Physical buyers need not worry. (It's not "really" physical.  The box just has a slip of paper with a download code on it and a registration key.)

Digital purchases have been fixed too, so those are safe to buy now.