Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

Are Slime Knights and Armors supposed to be human?

I have never seen this discussed before and wanted to pose this here: are these meant to be humans or just some ambiguous creatures dressed in armor? I've always been curious.

Restless Armours have been referred to as the ghosts of knights who haven't moved on. As for slime knights, Rocket Slime says the rider is just a toy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It is interesting you should mention this because when Dragon Quest 6 was about to be released Square Enix held a trivia contest where they asked what’s the  maximum number of people in the party.  Square Enix’s answer was eight but I argued it should be seven since the game has seven main characters who are people.  The only way it could be eight is if a Slimeknights was a human ‘person’ riding a Slime.

I figure the soldiers are just little monsters or something that use the slimes as their trusty steads.

Restless Armour and it’s brethren is just living armour.

Maybe because Rocket Slime was my first game, but I always imagined the rider just a tool for the slime, like a puppet. I could see an argument that it's a ghost symbiote, but I highly doubt it's a human. That would raise a lot of questions in a lot of games.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Or like the Weartiger, who's the guy in the tiger suit? ;)

Just now, Woodus said:

Or like the Weartiger, who's the guy in the tiger suit? ;)

Or from XI the Cheater Cheetah

cheater_cheetah.jpg

I would argue they're tiny dwarf monsters, rather than a toy hat for an abnormally large slime.

The slime knights are little puppets the slime uses, but the restless armors are empty suits inhabited by vengeful ghosts. I think the knight errant and it's pallet swaps are the only flesh and blood armor enemies, aside from the instances where a restless armor/knight errant/harmor is used for an npc in battle.

The cheetah's are weird because they're just a little bit off--I think the humanoid family was implemented not for the goblin monsters but more so for the weirdos who don't have human proportions. Toriyama's style changing and becoming more realistic overtime makes the poor guys into actual monsters and not just berserkers.