Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

Is it weird that I like the Japanese Titles more than the USA counterparts?

Note not the actual titles but the translated titles as the originals are in Japanese.

Are you not a fan of forced alliteration? I personally don't care about the subtitles enough to like or dislike them.

Are you not a fan of forced alliteration? I personally don't care about the subtitles enough to like or dislike them.
I love forced alliteration, rhyming, puns, whatever. I'm a walking dad joke and any aspect similar cracks me up. The English subtitles are good. Ummm, what are they again?

Actually, I don't pay enough attention to them to care.

Except DQHTWTWATBB. Love that one! More more for the length. I guess I'm just that shallow. Size Matters.
  • Like 1

I actually feel that the forced alliteration is a good idea, marketing-wise. DQHTWTWATBB is silly. It's an incredibly long subtitle and TWTWATBB could have totally been DQXI's subtitle... What are the chances? As far as the puns go... I enjoy a good pun every now and then, but that's the key. Every now and then. I feel that DQIX was the biggest offender in this category and just had puns entirely too frequently.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

1 hour ago, GrandAlchemist said:

I actually feel that the forced alliteration is a good idea, marketing-wise. DQHTWTWATBB is silly. It's an incredibly long subtitle and TWTWATBB could have totally been DQXI's subtitle... What are the chances? As far as the puns go... I enjoy a good pun every now and then, but that's the key. Every now and then. I feel that DQIX was the biggest offender in this category and just had puns entirely too frequently.

Yup. That’s the one thing about IX I do remember not liking. Normally the puns don’t bother me in DQ games: I see them and get them but they are mostly white noise (in a sense).

IX however went too far. Like, way too far. I’ll give them credit for a few clever ones like the Xere Rocks one, but otherwise...well, it’s one of the reasons I’m not a huge fan of DQ9, me joking about how much I’m not a fan of the game or otherwise.